You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Prefile Page/Website

Matthew Simmons

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2020 at 3:26 AM, Lance Williams said:

Yes, but that's just another step, outside the sim. I have to open vPilot as it is, when flying, so why file on a web site when I can do it in game, while already opening vPilot as it is? I guess we all have our own, specific way of doing things and using vPilot to file is simply faster and less things to do outside of the sim, in web browsers, which I try to keep to a minimum. 

That said, glad to see VATSIM's updates as long as they don't cause issues such as the ridiculously long equipment code on radar clients, LOL!

You can prefile 2 hours ahead of your flight so its a step you can do before starting the sim, then just connect and it all links up to your callsign.

• Like 1

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kirk Christie

• Koen Meier

• Andreas Fuchs

• Robert Grant

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie 9 posts

• Koen Meier

Koen Meier 9 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 8 posts

• Robert Grant

Robert Grant 7 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 22 2020

18 posts

• Aug 21 2020

8 posts

• Aug 25 2020

7 posts

• Aug 23 2020

6 posts

Popular Posts

Dhruv Kalra

I appreciate all the guides, etc. but frankly from an ATC training perspective in the USA, we shouldn’t have to go through this. There was clearly minimal forethought put into how ATC clients other th

Hayden McClure

Big thank you to Zach and IT team for this much needed update. Looking forward to using it.

Matt Bozwood-Davies

Hi everyone I've spoken to a couple of people in the loop already but want to clarify for everyone else's benefit as transparency is critical at this point.  There was some disconnect in inf

Posted Images

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Kirk Christie said:

You can prefile 2 hours ahead of your flight so its a step you can do before starting the sim, then just connect and it all links up to your callsign.

I rarely ever know where I'm flying 5 minutes before starting the sim. What's the point? I get it, some like to prefile, it does nothing for me, other than adding an unnecessary additional step outside the sim. I'll simply continue to file in the sim while I've already got vPilot open to connect.

• Like 1

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Lance Williams said:

What's the point?

About the same as everyone continuing to write why they dont see any benefit in it.

A quick check of vatspy will show you how many people prefile on a daily basis.

If you dont want to use it, no one is saying you have to, continue doing what works for you, and everyone else will continue doing what works for them. 

If you want to fly with ICAO format then you will need to use prefile until such time that the pilot clients are up dated.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Prefiling is super convenient when you are preplanning and using something like pfpx or simbrief. Everything prepopulates and you hit send. Then you can just connect and call up atc without having to use the flight plan window. I find that a bit more clunky than using prefile.

• Like 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I do not like filling in entire flightplans in any of the clients, too. But I have switched from pre-filing to loading my simBrief flightplans in the client. It's just one click, verify that everything is correct, load my pre-saved text for the remarks-field and then I can send it.

Stefan Loos
Posted
Posted

Simbrief filing with redirecting to vatsim worked for years.

NOW IT IS BROKEN, vatsim filing does not work. It says it is filed but the flight plan does not show up for controllers, and vatspy also show me on airport as departure but without flight plan

plx fix asap!

thx

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi Stefan,

I think we need a bit more info - I just tried it myself and it worked perfectly fine:
NBnuhdB.jpg

Cheers
Michael

Stefan Loos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well... what info?

I tried EDDM - LFMN. Gave me TURB6E TURBU Y107 BAKOR M984 EVANO Z185 BORDI BORD6R

I do not care about much other info, just fill in my virtual (non-existing) flight. After all in simbrief, i hit prefile to vatsim. I log in, click file plan and a green box shows something like plan filed, everything fine.

In vatspy I´m at the airport listed when moving cursor over depature icon, but without flight plan. Controller can not find flight plan.

After multiple attempts of filing, I found myself in vatspy with my name sitting on airport, indicating I´m "in flight" allready, not anymore listed in departure

XP11, 11.50rc3 (latest), Xpilot (latest)

I cant believe I´m the only one.

It worked all so well before that new website for filing flight plans!

Note: for first filing attempt, I might have hit file it 2 times, as the confirmation for successful filing shows up out of window top right (think about it...)

Edited by Stefan Loos

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Works perfectly here.

EDDM-LFMN calculated in simBrief, selected "Pre-File", logged in to the new FPL-page of VATSIM, filed it, it showed up on the VATSIM datafeed (I also used Qutescoop, see screenshot), I then connected to VATSIM and downloaded the FPL from the server and it showed up there as well.

Zwischenablage-1.png.bab4e273b7269f2e4cbf1f876972d60b.png

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Stefan Loos said:

Well... what info?

If you are having problems with prefile, paste the URL here so people can look at what you are trying to file, otherwise no one can see what the issue is you are having.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

For reference, my pre-filing URL was:

https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/flightplan?altitude=29000&fuel_time=0234&raw=%28FPL-LTU123-IS%20-B763%2FH-SDE3FGHIM3RWXY%2FLB1%20-EDDM1100%20-TURBU6E%20TURBU%20Y107%20BAKOR%20M984%20EVANO%20Z185%20BORDI%20-LFMN0114%20LFML%20-PBN%2FA1B1C1D1L1O1%20DOF%2F200912%20REG%2FFFB763%20EET%2FEDUU0007%20LOVV0010%20LIMM0015%20LFFF0050%20LFMM0056%20SEL%2FAFGH%20OPR%2FLTU%20PER%2FD%20RMK%2FTCAS%20SIMBRIEF%29&speed=465

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

@Stefan Loos is it possible that you had a typo in your callsign (either in simbrief or when loggin in) and due to that the fpl wasn't connected to your online session?
That's the reason in 99% of the cases I so far came across. Numbers in the wrong order or the classic "DHL instead of DLH". 😉
Since you asked "what info" - screenshot of the pre-filing page and of vatspy would definitely help as a first step to narrow it down.

Cheers
Michael

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Prefiled flight plans can be viewed in VAT-SPY 

• 2 weeks later...
Greg Barber
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, Robert Grant said:

correct it doesnt.

so can you tell me what URL I need to have pfpx redirect me to the new pre file site?

Rob, did you find the right link?

https://my.vatsim.net

Login with SSO and you have access to lots of awesome new services, including the new prefile page.

While it's annoying that some software and 3rd party web services do not support this change yet, VATSIM can't be expected to represent every variation of 3rd party flight planning facilities.  It's made a change to it's network (for the good) and those other services need to catch up or face being replaced by others who do.

To all the "whoa me" postss about long equipment strings in controller clients.  Talk to the controller client developers to get this fixed.  VATSIM doesn't build these, someone else does.

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards

Robert Grant
Posted
Posted

@Greg Barber Hey Greg yes I did find the correct URL thanks. Also found the correct way to do the prefile.

Turns out I wasnt using the Import function correctly.

Regards

Rob

P1/P2/P3 /C3/ VATAME1 (retired)

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted
On 8/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, Matt Bozwood-Davies said:

Hi everyone

I've spoken to a couple of people in the loop already but want to clarify for everyone else's benefit as transparency is critical at this point. 

There was some disconnect in information in how clients would support this and I apologise to those, especially in the US, as to how this has impacted you.

Modernising the network is a big thing for everyone, we all want flashy new things and to get there takes baby steps. This was meant to be one of them but hasn't gone quite as well as we might have hoped 😞

Obviously we need to find a solution, even just a temporary one and I will be working with the web team to get this done ASAP until a longer term solution can be found. It's likely that this will be released tomorrow and will for any K***/PH**/PA** airport in the flightplan, will convert from the ICAO to ERAM format utilised by the US and I will post here once that's been complete.

Matt

Any update on a solution to this?

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

I always use Simbrief and prefile now in the new ICAO format. However have noticed that when requesting vpilot to fetch the FP  from the server the equipment suffix code and the heavy aircraft boxes are unticked. So not sure if this correct but I tick those boxes when appropriate and enter the /L suffix and refile the plan. Is this wrong or make any difference?  Also trying to find in the new form where to put the RTF call sign,  at the moment I enter it in the RMK area for less common call signs.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Is the Heavy prefix still used? The equipment suffix is important, yes, please always make sure it's filled in correctly.

Thank you Andreas

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

There isnt really any need to fetch the FP in vpilot once you have prefiled it.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The question would rather be: do these suffixes get lost while fetching them from the server or have they never been part of the pre-filed flightplan? Joaquin, could you please verify this?

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted (edited)

Before this new interface and prefiling a flight plan by Simbrief for a B744, I would start up vpilot and obtain the flight plan from the server and automatically the Heavy Aircraft and Equipment suffix box would be ticked and the suffix would show /L automatically. No further action on my part.

Currently when submitting the flight plan the new ICAO form appears and I have to enter wether I am voice able and the form is then  prefiled.        When requesting the flight plan from server both the above mentioned boxes are unticked and the equipment suffix code is empty.The reason why I then resubmit the FP after entering the suffix code is because I am not certain if the air traffic controller can see that information.

So perhaps someone can clarify if this missing information is available to ATC regardless even though missing from vpilot prefiled plan.

regards

Edited by Joaquin Blanco
amend
  • Like 1

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Just about to start a flight.  See screenshots.

icao.PNG

vpilot.png

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

the wake turbulence catergory doesnt get loaded when you hit fetch in vpilot which is understandable. but the equipment suffix is now transponder which is compromised out of two parts essentially the mode and the ads-b.