You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can´t hear the ATC

Matheus Mendes

Matheus Mendes
Posted
Posted

So, at the flybywire a32NX it doesn´t light it up but it´s on

image.png.e91c6a414371bd7874a1ac7862e7ffa5.png

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

The only thing I can think of is to double check your audio device settings in vPilot (or whichever pilot client you're using). Make sure you have the proper output device selected on the pilot client. For example, on mine, my flight sim sounds are going to my external speakers and I use an Mpow headset for voice comms. Make sure you have the volume turned up on whichever device you're using for ATC comms--check the device itself for volume control and you might have to go into the Windows audio mixer and select the intended device and adjust volume. Lastly, as one of the first commenters on this thread suggested, make sure there's an actual controller or pilot online whom you can listen to. ATIS doesn't count as it's just not reliable on the network at this time. 

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

If I'm not mistaken the recent MSFS update broke the FBW A32X especially the radios. Had several pilots tell me they aren't able to tune frequencies at all. Do you have the latest version of the mod?

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

I don't think MSFS can receive through both radios at once at the moment. Try tuning 122.80 into both radios as already suggested then type ".both" (without the quotations) into the vpilot text area (and press enter). That should allow you to receive on both COMs.

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Matheus Mendes
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Chriss Klosowski said:

If I'm not mistaken the recent MSFS update broke the FBW A32X especially the radios. Had several pilots tell me they aren't able to tune frequencies at all. Do you have the latest version of the mod?

Yes, at least the beta one

Matheus Mendes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Josh Jenk said:

I don't think MSFS can receive through both radios at once at the moment. Try tuning 122.80 into both radios as already suggested then type ".both" (without the quotations) into the vpilot text area (and press enter). That should allow you to receive on both COMs.

He´s saying "[19:46:30] Unknown command: .both"

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

My apologies the command is: ".com both"

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Matheus Mendes
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Josh Jenk said:

My apologies the command is: ".com both"

I think that it doesn´t work at MSFS....image.png.6d8ab6e493996cea393b92664a197575.png

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Oh that’s really weird. Make sure both radios are on in your aircraft too. It definitely works in msfs though because I’ve used it before. I wonder if the FBW mod has broke it somehow?

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller