You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift and FS9

Peter Hall

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
On 5/31/2021 at 9:44 PM, Keke Lekou said:

after switching to the latest alpha and reinstalling FSUIPC 3.999, the automatic connexion has been working as expected. I could then revert back to the latest beta, and still get the seamless operation. Hurray!

Okay, great information! In this case I suspect that something was a little bit funny with your installation of FSUIPC and reinstalling it may have been the road to success. Please keep us posted here or on our Discord should you encounter this again! 🙂

• 3 months later...
Derrick Cruz
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I'm still an FS9 user and  using swift 32 bit as pilot client. I was wondering how I can get swift to render my old ultimate traffic AI models while in session.  Swift can read and index them but won't render them because they are not recognized by the ?database?. Is it possible to get them to work?

thanks!

Derrick

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Derrick,

if this is the case, you will have to add them to swift's database (Datastore). We call this "mapping".

Do you use Discord? If yes, please join our swift Discord server and send a private message to Thomas Zobler (admin), he will need your name, VATSIM ID, email address and country to create an account for you. If you do not have Discord, send me private message here on the forum with the mentioned details and I am going to relay them.

Note: I'm currently on a flying tour and will be back home on Tuesday only, the relay may take a while, you best use Discord.https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=contact

After registering, you can create those mappings. On our website (see URL above) we have a section with tutorial videos that explain this nicely. I will also be able to help you next week, if needed.

Derrick Cruz
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas!

Thanks for your reply. I don't use discord yet but I plan to do so. I've watched your videos before but you now have given me more insight about swift and it's features.

I'll rewatch your videos and let you know once I'm on discord.

Thanks also for your efforts to make us FS9 users continue to enjoy vatsim.

safe travels and best regards,

Derrick

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

After having to reinstall Windows7 i cant find the Discord channel for FS9 chat. Can somebody point me in the right diestion.

nebojsa

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, nebojsa milosavljevic said:

After having to reinstall Windows7 i cant find the Discord channel for FS9 chat. Can somebody point me in the right diestion.

nebojsa

Hi Nebojsa,

you can find our invitation link here: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=contact

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Thank you.One problem ,i forgot the password.