You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CCAMS (Centralised code assignment and management system) plugin

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

It is with great pleasure that I can officially announce the plugin CCAMS to the community and the users of EuroScope.

As you are probably aware, the management of squawks in general, and particularly of code 1000, is implemented in EuroScope on a local level only. There is no exchange/verficiation of used squawk further than your visibility range. In addition, the handling of squawk 1000 depends on the legacy FAA flight plan format, which does not contain accurate information about the transponder type. Already a few years ago, @Pierre Ferran presented his plugin ModeS, which was later on maintained by @Oliver Gruetzmann. CCAMS is based on these developments, but brings many new features including a centralised code management.

This plugin was designed to support controllers of the VATSIM network when assigning a squawk to aircraft, also especially when the local prescribed squawk ranges are exhausted. The web-based part of the application is acting as the central interface to manage all squawk assignments and will also find alternative, non-used squawks outside the preferential range. Local ops/tech staff may define and fine tune the rule setting for the squawk assignment to comply with regional and local squawk ranges and schemes. This collaboration is done by issue reporting on github. This plugin includes Mode S functionalities as introduced previously by Oliver Gruetzmann and Pierre Ferran. It is fully capabale to correctly differentiate between FAA and ICAO flight plan format. Additionally, plugin settings are available to customise the plugin behaviour and limit certain functionalities to comply with the vACCs local needs and requirements.

https://github.com/kusterjs/CCAMS

The plugin has been extensively tested for several months and is currently in operation in a number of European vACCs (Switzerland, France, EuroCenter) and some controllers in Spain, Portugal, Germany and Argentina.

General questions and discussions can be held in this topic. For specific requests, please use the issue reporting of github.

Enjoy!

• Like 6

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Hey Jonas, great you continued the development with new features. I'll have a look for sure and post a link in my repo 🙂

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

Hey Jonas, great you continued the development with new features. I'll have a look for sure and post a link in my repo 🙂

Thanks Olli! There should actually be a pull request waiting for your repo where I've already proposed such a change.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Great!

I am now trying to implement it into my Topsky setup. However, I stumbled over this:

Select the "CCAMS / Open SQUAWK assign popup" function to replace the default one in your list and tag definitions

Where can I find this? I thought that this a tag-item that can be chosen in the ES' Tag Editor, but it does not seem to be listed there.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Where can I find this? I thought that this a tag-item that can be chosen in the ES' Tag Editor, but it does not seem to be listed there.

Exactly where you are looking for. But remember this specific one is a function, not an item. So you will find it only in the left /right button lists.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jonas Kuster said:

Exactly where you are looking for. But remember this specific one is a function, not an item....

Aaaah, you found the error that I was making! All good now, thanks a lot. Will test it during my next session.

• 6 months later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I'm happy and pride to announce a major update for this plugin.

v2.0.1 now features

• automatic transponder code assignment for airborne IFR traffic
  • a list with (simulated) Mode S EHS data for the selected aircraft
  • and many other improvements.

Note that this plugin can also be used in a sweatbox environment without restrictions or interference of "live" traffic. So, the functionalities can also be tested and used during training.

I have also completely revised and enriched the readme with detailed information. If you miss anything or have a question, feel free to ask in this topic.

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor