You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saving window layout and map features

steve webster

steve webster
Posted
Posted

G'day @Jake Saw,

Thanks a bunch for Vatsys - after years of being away from VATSIM and returning recently to find Vatsys - it's very exciting to use!

For the life of me, I can't find a way to save my extra Window layouts/positions/settings and map features (e.g. fixes, boundaries etcetc). For example, When I run TWR, I have 2 x ground windows open and have them positioned on the screen where I like. Next time I run Vatsys, they're gone and need to be setup again. I'm guessing this is by design?

Side note: I have a bug where Vatsys is freezing on server disconnect. I'm doing some testing to replicate the conditions and steps. When I get it done, I'll reach out. Seem to be related a window's position but I'm not sure what triggers it. 

Thanks again, mate!

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Thanks Steve

For the moment the profile position selection determines which windows open and which maps are displayed, as a common baseline setup that the profile creators can curate. I would like to allow custom user saves on top of that, but it’ll need a bit of work to make the two work together. 

There should be a momentary pause on disconnect as the app waits for all the connections to terminate, but I am aware of a few issues that need fixing there still. 

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

steve webster
Posted
Posted

Cheers mate.

I get the pause after disconnect but she's frozen good until I force quit. I haven't had time to reproduce but I'll have a crack over the next week or so. Thanks again!