You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Velocity

Erich Berner

John McMurdo
Posted
Posted

When I read about the update, and learned that xSB was being retired,  I was a little worried, since being a Linux user my options are limited,  but I was very relieved to find xPilot worked fine once I got it up and running,  and model matching works a lot better too for me.  I have also seen a big improvement in frame rate,  not sure if that is to do with the update or switching to xPilot. Only issue I had with xPilot is that if I turn on engine sounds, all I get is white noise so I turn it off.  It is not something I had with xSB anyway,  so its not something I am going to miss.

I always used to find it amusing to see planes skating sideways across the apron, but I am assuming this is one of the things the update will make less likely.

• Like 2

Danny Moore
Posted
Posted (edited)

Using latest vPilot, aircraft are still floating until they move. Last night myself and a friend, both using vPilot observed floating planes. When we were parked at KLAS, he was floating and slowly rotating upside down until he started his pushback and he observed me normally on the ground. When we were landing in KSAN we both observed a Southwest 737 floating in the air on arrival. Again it wasn’t until they started pushback when they settled back on the ground. My friend was in P3D and I was using 2020. One other strange observation noted was aircraft lights whizzing by like little UFOs but there was no planes within 20 miles of me.  I’m also observing what sounds like engine noise next to me when there is no plane there. Not sure if that’s a FBW A320 bug as all my flights have been on Vatsim. I’ll do a few off line to see what I hear.

Edited by Danny Moore

James McMannamy
Posted
Posted

I signed in for the first time since the Velocity update (updated vPilot when I loaded it).  Saw a couple of planes nose down into the ground and a floater at the gate, but overall looked good.

One new issue I have suddenly is that I will get random TA’s and RA’s with no aircraft around me.  This is with FSLabs A321SL and P3Dv5.  The only thing that has changed is the vPilot version, which is why I suspect it has something to do with that.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, James McMannamy said:

Saw a couple of planes nose down into the ground and a floater at the gate, but overall looked good.

A bit like the curate's egg?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Danny Moore
Posted
Posted (edited)

I’m getting the TCAS hits in the TFDI 717 and watched planes warp speed all over the place.  I wrote down and contacted the pilots that were all over my moving map software and they were all xplane users. I hope this and the elevation issues get resolved soon. 

Edited by Danny Moore

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

The warping planes and weird pitch/roll attitudes for parked aircraft should be fixed in vPilot 3.0.7.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Since Velocity has been implemented, there is an increased amount of disconnects from the VATSIM servers using the latest version of vPilot w/ P3Dv5 (Canada, USA-W, USA-E).

I do not think I have done one flight where there was not at least one or two disconnects, sometimes more.

I checked with fellow VA pilots to see if I was the only one having this issue and it seems to be wide spread.

I am sure this will get worked out eventually, but wanted to pass on the information on to the higher powers.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

• 3 weeks later...
Brad Crockett
Posted
Posted

XPilot Towerview is behaving strangely for me. FIrst time I've used it in a while.

When I start Towerview, aircraft render normally. But as aircraft move, they do NOT update in XPlane. They remain fixed. If I disconnect XPilot and then re-start Towerview, they render in an updated position, but still don't move.

I'm currently running V1.9.5.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Your xPilot is out of date. Also, it'll only work with vSTARS as the towerview server. ES has not been updated yet, to my knowledge.

Brad Crockett
Posted
Posted

Hi, Ross. Thank you so much for the response.

I'm such a dope, I posted the version of AFV I was running (1.9.5), NOT the version of XPilot. 😞

I'm actually experiencing this issue with XPilot v2.2.0-beta.31.

Brad

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Using ES or vSTARS?

• 3 weeks later...
Juan Amado
Posted
Posted
On 2/28/2022 at 3:27 AM, Ross Carlson said:

Using ES or vSTARS?

I have the same problem for towerview (tfc rendering at the beginning but not updating) so I guess he uses ES. I use ES beta r33 and xPilot 2.0.0-beta.32.

Let's wait until ES is updated to velocity or xPilot adds the possibility to towerview with Euroscope.

Juan Amado (S3 VATSPA - 1423499)

VATSPA Staff - Events & Members Director