You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

It Really Irks me

Gary Stewart

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ralph,

then you missed a detail. vroute looks at the past 4 weeks of ATC activity and presents you with a probability of ATC in airspace for a specific flight route. Have a look at this screenshot:

vroute_atc-probability.jpg.610a5232cc330e5edeb155c244fcd3a2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andreas Fuchs

• Antonis Panayotatos

• Dace Nicmane

• Ross Carlson

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 9 posts

• Antonis Panayotatos

Antonis Panayotatos 7 posts

• Dace Nicmane

Dace Nicmane 6 posts

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 5 posts

Popular Days

• Jan 28 2022

10 posts

• Feb 1 2022

8 posts

• Jan 31 2022

7 posts

• May 12 2022

7 posts

Popular Posts

Robert Shearman Jr

... or, I log on intending to control 3 hours, but 90 minutes in there's absolutely no traffic... now I'm gonna get bad feedback from the one person who was enroute from hundreds of miles away if I lo

Steveb911

Hey, I think I got kicked off X Pilot last night. I benefit greatly from X Plane 11 because I have cancer and it keeps my mind off of it. No worries it's highly treatable but what makes me mad is

Ross Carlson

That's absurd. My lack of desire to carve out a block of time and commit to it is totally separate from my desire to log on and control. Yes, when it comes to how I spend my free time, my own e

Posted Images

Ralph Kloess
Posted
Posted

Thanks Andreas, I only looked at the webpage and it is unclear on that.

Ralph

Karl Mathias Moberg
Posted
Posted

Honestly, if you go in and always plan your flights around having ATC, you are going to end up being disappointed a lot of the time. I say this as someone who has spent 18 years, 5000 hours as a pilot and another 2000 hours as a controller on the network - if you go in with the opposite expectation, don't expect ATC, but be happy when they are on, you'll have a much better time and avoid pissing off a lot of people who have dedicated a significant number of hours to this network like you are right now. 

• Like 1

NckPTPXs.jpg

Karl Mathias Moberg (KM) - C3/I1
https://nyartcc.org
ZNY Air Traffic Manager

• 1 month later...
Morten Graae
Posted
Posted

As a Sim Pilot I'm grateful for any controller that are available, and I totally respect, that it is real people with jobs and families etc. Any minute they can spare is a gift to our experience when joining the sim.

Therefore I would really like to take advantage off those controllers who are, or will be, available at the time of my departure/arrival. For that, I'm using data from https://statsim.net/atc, and load them into excel for a more customized overview to fit my requirements.

I find the booked online time very reliable. To my experience, controllers that has booked some online time almost always stays online as planned. On the other hand, if you have not booked your online time, you are more likely to log off if no traffic, or other external events prevent you from staying online. This is of course just my assumption, and how I would act myself, if I was a controller.

I'm currently working on enhancing this file, which you are welcome to use from here: Vatsim_Coverage_Analyzis in OneDrive

Also you can have a look at this thread: 

• 1 month later...
Steveb911
Posted
Posted

Hey,

I think I got kicked off X Pilot last night. I benefit greatly from X Plane 11 because I have cancer and it keeps my mind off of it. No worries it's highly treatable but what makes me mad is having to change positions (runways) multiple times every day. The controller says get yyour departing runway from atis so I did and spent awile resetting evrything and moving to a different spot at KATL my homebase airport. I finally get set up again and my controller went home and turned me over to a different conroller who said my depart runway was no good. This happened to me 3 to 4 times on 3 to 4 days or more before I told them I'm sticking with the runway atis said to. That didn't go over well when I took offf anyway. They should have gave me clearance because I took off anyway and no other planes were around That same night someone Ran into something when landing under a controllers directions. IMy contrller put A supervisor on there oh no and he said I wasn't answering him when I was. They must have had server problems. I continued my flight to KHSV Huntsville Alabama perfect except for the controller taking control of the time of day and constantly turning it to night So Iturnrd it back to day. I did tell him something about his fingers And mine the middle one was doing something to. I wondeer how much help he was to the other pilots needing it when he was harrassing me. Totally unprofessional. He acomplished nothing I made a perfect landing at Huntsville dead center. He was the one that needed to be in trouble. This is a simulator not real and they think they rule. There's more than Vatsim.

• Confused 5

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Steveb911 said:

I continued my flight to KHSV Huntsville Alabama perfect except for the controller taking control of the time of day and constantly turning it to night So Iturnrd it back to day. I did tell him something about his fingers And mine the middle one was doing something to. 

How do you think ATC can control the time of the day on your end?

ACH2118.jpg

Steveb911
Posted
Posted

that controller did he changed me from daylight to dark and i put it back then he did it over and over until I got to Huntsville, Alabama and landed  and then did it more. It didn't change on it's own and after saying he signed off or went home he was still doing it. It gets old to get a depart runway by atis or a controller and then be told when you set everything up you have the wrong one or the controller goes off shift gives you another controller and he wants everything changed. this was happening for 3 or 4 days multiple times every day. i couldn't get clearance to taxi after changing every runway (depart) THEY WANTED CHANED, RELOCATED AT AIRPORT GATE, changed my flight plan and reset the whole plane from re-locating at same airport. i finally was told he had to get a supervisor and they both said I wasn't answering them when I was. I can.t help radio or server problems. I ended up suspended After Telling the controller what I thought about his light trick. I guess he thought I couldn't fly at night. Don't know how but he did it cause he was on the radio and was joking about it. The supervisor suspended me for not answering him when I was trying to. That controller was just out to aggravate me cause atis said 09L was a active runway for depart at KATL my Home Base Atlanta, Georgia And after setting up He said I had to Take 08R Which was dumb considering they were both for takeoff same direction, both active by atis just spred apart I would have to move and change everything again so I finally said no I didn't need help and was signing off. that's not allowed either.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Steveb911 said:

that controller did he changed me from daylight to dark and i put it back then he did it over and over until I got to Huntsville

What happened exactly? What flight simulator software? The time of day in your SIM just changed back and forth?

If yes: this CANNOT be influenced by anyone from VATSIM. It must be something else on your computer!

Steveb911
Posted
Posted

Hey,

It can be changed by someone with your ip address and I fly on x plane 11. He was changing the time. It's never done it on it's own and never will and he even came on radio bragging about it

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Steveb911 said:

It can be changed by someone with your ip address and I fly on x plane 11. He was changing the time. It's never done it on it's own and never will and he even came on radio bragging about it

Nice story....if you want to stir sh**, then please do it elsewhere, but don't mess with our community.

• Like 2

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

As has been stated, no one on VATSIM can change environmental conditions (e.g. time, weather, etc.) on your computer.  Additionally, you have hijacked the original thread (i.e. your post has nothing to do with the thread that was opened).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Don Desfosse locked this topic