You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X Pilot 200 21 no receiving sound

Marc Sieffert

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I had an older version of X pilot which worked fine until a few days ago and suddenly I could not use it anymore. I understood from this forum that the step to version 2.0.0  is not automatically but it is necessary to uninstall the old version what I did.

Now everything is fine, Controllers can hear me but I can not hear them... 

Any idea why?

I tried all the combinations between AUDIO API and LISTEN DEVICE but nothing works... 

Can you please help me? What is normally to be selected for AUDIO API?

Thanks!!

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

OK I uninstalled X Pilot but I did not delete the Plugin... After deleting the plugin it is now working 🙂

Just one question, before I could allocate a key to get the X Pilot window... is this still possible?

Thanks!!

David Cross
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, Marc Sieffert said:

before I could allocate a key to get the X Pilot window... is this still possible?

Is this what you're looking for?

https://beta.xpilot-project.org/#/xplane?id=command-bindings

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Thanks but no its was not what I was looking for... But I found a way to solve the issue...

BUT I have another question. 

I did a flight with the latest X Pilot version and have filled a flight plan in the new format for the first time (internet page). I entered equipment, endurance etc... Then after this flight I opened flight plan again to see if my flight plan is saved somewhere, but I could not find it. Are the old flight plans saved so you can use them as a base for a new flight plane? if yes, where?

Thanks!!

David Cross
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Marc Sieffert said:

Are the old flight plans saved so you can use them as a base for a new flight plane? if yes, where?

I'm not sure about the Vatsim website holding then for future use, but i find it easiest to store my flight plans on Simbrief and file directly From that resource. It auto fills all the necessary data into the vatsim IFR flight plan page for you. Huge time savings.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

OK but for time being if I use Vatsim flight plan directly I need to enter equipment, endurance and other general repeating infos all the time again... Hope this will change soon 🙂

David Cross
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Marc Sieffert said:

OK but for time being if I use Vatsim flight plan directly I need to enter equipment, endurance and other general repeating infos all the time again... Hope this will change soon 🙂

From my understanding this will not change.  However,  certain blocks like endurance are not required. You only need to fill out the pertinent blocks. FP, Equip, AC type, heavy or not, etc. No need to fill out every section. And all of the mentioned areas are filled in automatically if done through the free and very good dispatch service via the website Simbrief.  It's run and maintained by Navigraph.  It's a huge time saver. Give it a try and all your grievances will be taken care off.

Dave

https://www.simbrief.com/home/

• Thanks 1

John McPherson
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2022 at 7:39 PM, Marc Sieffert said:

OK I uninstalled X Pilot but I did not delete the Plugin... After deleting the plugin it is now working 🙂

Just one question, before I could allocate a key to get the X Pilot window... is this still possible?

Thanks!!

Hi  @Marc Sieffert, I miss that hotkey too. I think they now intend us to bind keys for either the 'nearby ATC' window or the 'messages' window or both. It means that the only way to get to the main window - with its connection button and volume settings etc - is to Alt-tab or whatever to bring up the app in Windows (or the Mac/Linux equivalent).  I suspect more people are using the software on a remote computer, but as all my remote tablets (for FMC, EFB etc) are Android based and do their work through a browser I find it a backwards step as you now need to go to more than one place to control X-Pilot during a flight.