You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Beta testers needed for new Toolbar app

• msfs

David Black

David Black
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi

those that requested access a few weeks ago should have received an email in forum inbox 

Thanks

/DB

Edited by David Black

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Black

• Ross Carlson

• Michael Kunz

• Tim Simpson

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Black

David Black 23 posts

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 8 posts

• Michael Kunz

Michael Kunz 7 posts

• Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson 6 posts

Popular Days

• May 27 2022

10 posts

• Aug 8 2022

8 posts

• Apr 4 2022

6 posts

• Jun 3 2022

5 posts

Popular Posts

David Black

FYI we’re on our final private beta release Before hopefully going into public beta. Been spending a lot of time working  around data quality issues in the VATSIM feed To make the product as robust as

David Black

Thanks for everyone repsonding to this thread; we have had a great respe and some amazing testing and feedback from a really knowlegeable and enthuiastic team . The private beta is now closed, we

Tim Simpson

The funny thing is, in vpilot, you can mouse click to get a controllers details, start a private message session with a controller, or display ATIS.  These are all things you'd do during a low work vo

Posted Images

Pieter Maas
Posted
Posted

I have been looking for a tool that shows me the vatsim frequencies in VR.
Just came across this forum thread and by the looks of it, this tool exceeds my expectations.
I've been holding off on Vatsim for quite a while because I felt that I was missing this feature in VR and flying without proper multi-monitor support is just not enjoyable for me anymore.

That said, I can't wait for this tool to go into public Beta. It looks amazing David!
Is there a discord link to follow your progress more closely?

• Like 1

David Black
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Pieter Maas said:

I have been looking for a tool that shows me the vatsim frequencies in VR.
Just came across this forum thread and by the looks of it, this tool exceeds my expectations.
I've been holding off on Vatsim for quite a while because I felt that I was missing this feature in VR and flying without proper multi-monitor support is just not enjoyable for me anymore.

That said, I can't wait for this tool to go into public Beta. It looks amazing David!
Is there a discord link to follow your progress more closely?

Thanks, here’s the work in progress GitHub page ahead of release next month

https://github.com/daveblackuk/VSR

• Like 2

David Black
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2022 at 8:49 PM, Jazz44 said:

Thank you for all your hard work, David!

Can't wait to try it once it releases to the public.

Hi

I sent a link through direct message a few weeks ago

thanks

/DB

ANSON BENNETTE
Posted
Posted

I must thank David for the opportunity to beta test this app. The instructions were simple and straightforward, and the toolbar showed up at the first time of asking. Somewhat surprisingly, I noticed no real stuttering from the map function and both switching and refreshing frequencies had an acceptable delay. Other than a pop up description of buttons etc. when you hover your mouse over it (hopefully in the future ? 🙂), I did not find any feature particularly wanting. So far so good indeed.

IMO this app may prove super important in getting more users into VATSIM and thus  improving the experience for all.

The creator should have no problems getting donation contributions, as this is well worth it - especially when comparing it to the multitude of sub-par add-ons being touted for ridiculously inflated prices in the marketplace.

• Like 1

David Black
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, ANSON BENNETTE said:

I must thank David for the opportunity to beta test this app. The instructions were simple and straightforward, and the toolbar showed up at the first time of asking. Somewhat surprisingly, I noticed no real stuttering from the map function and both switching and refreshing frequencies had an acceptable delay. Other than a pop up description of buttons etc. when you hover your mouse over it (hopefully in the future ? 🙂), I did not find any feature particularly wanting. So far so good indeed.

IMO this app may prove super important in getting more users into VATSIM and thus  improving the experience for all.

The creator should have no problems getting donation contributions, as this is well worth it - especially when comparing it to the multitude of sub-par add-ons being touted for ridiculously inflated prices in the marketplace.

Anson

thanks for the kind words; great that it worked 1st time 

in term of mouse over help; MSFS seems to block some kinds of behaviours incluidng this one, probbaly because of the structure of the app environment. I was thinking of using a help overlay screen similar to the helpscreens in the package, this would simply load an opaque overlay with helper text pointing to each function. Food for thought

Thanks again for the feedback

/DB

image.thumb.png.4abc53634b38a0b01eeb78332610071f.png

Daniel Moretti
Posted
Posted

Just posting to say that I sent you a PM, David - hoping to help as a beta tester. Looking forward to your response!

This app looks incredibly useful for any of us in VR. Between this and the toolbar kneeboard app I found elsewhere, hopefully I'll be capable of doing everything without removing my headset.

Sergio Corulla
Posted
Posted

Wow!! You Rock David! Is just what I was looking for 😍 

Any idea when in going to be available? I'm really looking forward to use it.. If I could help as a tester would be great, if not I'll wait until the release date..  😉

Thank you very much for your hard work!! 👏

Michael Laskey
Posted
Posted

I'm also very keen to use this app for vatsim in VR. At the moment I pull vPilot in via WMR and that works but the input switching between the sim and vPilot window is really fiddly. 

I'm sure you have plenty of testers already so no problem waiting for general release if that's the case.

Cheers, Mike 

Kevin Moseley
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2022 at 5:57 AM, David Black said:

Thanks, here’s the work in progress GitHub page ahead of release next month

I'm quite interested in trying this (provided it works for the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320).  Could you please send me a download link?  I literally crashed my 737 a few days ago because I had my head down in the cockpit trying to  change a freq while on final.  I was hand flying because the AP broke, and the fix method is bugged (a known bug, but not yet fixed), so it didn't help.

This would have saved about 130 virtual lives, including my own!

Kev

Fred Myers
Posted
Posted

Under VR it is quite something.
Way easier to manage the coms!

The way I use it is to assign a button on the yoke or throttle
matrix to open the toolbar and bam, at your fingertips!

Fred Myers - KSJC/KRHV

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Fred Myers said:

Under VR it is quite something.
Way easier to manage the coms!

The way I use it is to assign a button on the yoke or throttle
matrix to open the toolbar and bam, at your fingertips!

That sounds really convenient, being able to bring the menu up with just a shortcut assigned to a button on your controllers!

I've been testing this tool for some time and haven't thought about that myself. Or wasn't even aware it was possible. May I ask what command you need to find in the controllers menu to assign to a button?

Richard Åsberg

Fred Myers
Posted
Posted

To bring up the toolbar, the default is the Tab key.
Under your yoke or throttles  (in the control area),  search for' toolbar', then assign a button.

I assigned the white left-top button on my Honeycomb yoke to show/hide the toolbar.

Fred Myers - KSJC/KRHV

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Fred Myers said:

To bring up the toolbar, the default is the Tab key.
Under your yoke or throttles  (in the control area),  search for' toolbar', then assign a button.

I assigned the white left-top button on my Honeycomb yoke to show/hide the toolbar.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying you found a key to directly bring VSR up. Not the MSFS Toolbar. I already have that one assigned 🙂

Richard Åsberg

Fred Myers
Posted
Posted

Oh, yea, no. Although, if you go to his Discord channel,
there is an area for feature requests. He is pretty responsive.

Fred Myers - KSJC/KRHV

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks, already been in there and I agree, very responsive but no biggie with such a shortcut. I'm sure he have more important things he's working on 🙂

Richard Åsberg

Christopher Pope
Posted
Posted

This looks absolute amazing! I am also a VR pilot flying mostly the 737 and Fenix 320. If you need another tester I can help with whatever is needed.

David Black
Posted
Posted

All

the software is now in public beta and can be downloaded from https://github.com/daveblackuk/VSR

Please join the discord for feedback and comments https://discord.gg/dD79AWg8cv

thanks

/DB

• Like 1