You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPilot Flight Log

Steve Biddle

Steve Biddle
Posted
Posted

Question for the experts. When using Xpilot, I have noticed when filing a flight plan either VFR or IFR, sometimes the flight is not logged in my VATSIM statistics. It shows the time logged; however, the departure and arrival destination are missing, (No plan filed) But I can check the map and see my flight plan with departure and destination. 

This appears to happen more when there is not a controller online during a flight. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? Please see attached. 

Thanks,

Steve B.NoData.thumb.jpg.0fd6b21fdc96a6f0bb1ad5c38d73228f.jpg

Shane Watts
Posted
Posted

Steve, 

I'm looking forward to hearing resolutions on this issue as I am having it too.  I would say that more times than not, I also see the No Flight Plan  message in Details too and I don't know why.   "Something" has changed in the next version as I know this didn't always happen.  

Thanks for bringing this us and hopefully it gets fixed.

Shane

Steve Biddle
Posted
Posted

Hey Shane,

I agree, "Something has changed". This started to happen for me when XPilot started linking the "File Flight Plan back to Vatsim. I also use vPilot with MSFS and this never happens. However vPilot still has it's own flight plan form like XPilot used to have. 

Will be interested to see where this goes. But if nothing comes of this it's not really much of a problem. Maybe XPilot devs feel the same way. I may try Swift.

Regards,

Steve B.

Shane Watts
Posted
Posted

That’s a great analysis.  I have MSFS 2020, but haven’t flown it much so I didn’t realize vPilot was good to go.  I wonder if we can get a hold of the old school XPilot and test it out.     One of the virtual programs I fly for checks on the flight plans every time and it’s getting a bit frustrating pleading my case all the time.  

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

"Old school xPilot" cannot be used on the network since the network incorporated Velocity.  The xPilot developer @Justin Shannon will have to have a look.

• Thanks 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Shane Watts
Posted
Posted

Thanks Don,

Looking forward to an update.

Thank You

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

"Vatsim is not a logbook"...

ACH2118.jpg

Shane Watts
Posted
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Lauri Uusitalo said:

"Vatsim is not a logbook"...

Not sure what your comment means.....   If Vatsim offers statistics, those statistics should work.  

I do understand that this specific metric is dependent upon a working third party product, and this is being addressed.

Edited by Shane Watts

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

They should, but they are not 100% reliable.

ACH2118.jpg