Jump to content

Feature Request: Include the N1 and N2 variables from the user planes in vPilot


Nico Massi
 Share

Recommended Posts

The recently introduced FSLTL models are coming along with very nice sound effects. Unfortunately the N1 and N2 variables from the user planes are not supported by vPilot and therefore the users plane have allways a value of 80 which generates unrealistic sound.  I would like to ask if this two variables could be supported from vPilot in the future? I thank you in advance for considering to implement this two variables.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcel Verheydt said:

This is a shot from Simvars viewer of a default Asobo Jet standing idle on the ground. Sounds of FSLTL aircraft are more true to life, so they are screaming at 90% N2 in this case.

 

image.png.2026703c029bde59706e3fcda4cd55f5.png

 

So, are you saying that this is a MSFS problem and not a vPilot problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

Unfortunately, the VATSIM network protocol doesn't currently support sending engine power levels over the network. VATSIM would need to get that added to the network protocol before we could set it in vPilot or any other client.

Ohhh boy, that's an oversight..

We need to notify them about this; or are they aware?

What would be the best way to let them know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Roger Gantner said:

We need to notify them about this; or are they aware?

I'm quite sure VATSIM is aware of how their network protocol works. :classic_tongue:

 

14 minutes ago, Nico Massi said:

thanks a lot for your reply. is it possible to make a request to vatsim to add the engine power level?

You certainly could ... contact the appropriate member of the BoG.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nico Massi said:

unfortunately I have no idea how to finde out who is the appropiate member of BoG regarding this topic 😞

https://vatsim.net/docs/staff/bog

Just pick the one that seems most correct for a technical issue such as this. I would say "Vice President, Technology" is a solid bet.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made the following request:
 
Dear Mr. Cianfarani
 
The recently introduced FSLTL models for MSFS 2020 are coming along with very nice sound effects. Unfortunately the N1 and N2 variables from the user planes are not supported by Vatsim and therefore the users plane have always a value of 80 which generates unrealistic sound.  I would like to ask if this two variables could be supported from Vatsim in the future? I thank you in advance for considering to implement this two variables.
 
 
For your feedback I thank you in advance.
 
Yours sincerely
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2022 at 11:56 AM, Roger Gantner said:

Wouldnt just one variable be enough? N2, for example? Or does it need two.

FSLTL sounds are driven by the N2 % value. The buzz saw sound uses % N1 though. 

Edited by Marcel Verheydt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this somehow works, please also ask for

IAS, MACH, Selected FL

- All the controllers

On 10/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, Nico Massi said:
I made the following request:
 
Dear Mr. Cianfarani
 
The recently introduced FSLTL models for MSFS 2020 are coming along with very nice sound effects. Unfortunately the N1 and N2 variables from the user planes are not supported by Vatsim and therefore the users plane have always a value of 80 which generates unrealistic sound.  I would like to ask if this two variables could be supported from Vatsim in the future? I thank you in advance for considering to implement this two variables.
 
 
For your feedback I thank you in advance.
 
Yours sincerely

 

  • Like 1

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2022 at 6:57 PM, Matisse VanWezer said:

If this somehow works, please also ask for

IAS, MACH, Selected FL

- All the controllers

 

Open a support ticket, and let them know. Let all your controller buddies know.

 

Also, I've got a reply from VATSIM support regarding including N1 and N2 variables:
 

Quote

Thank you for the feedback. I've forwarded this to the team

So... yea.. who knows? It would only make sense to implement this feature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...