You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question

Darrin Jones 983985

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

I appologize for my first reply. Some of the rough draft material was included. The following represents exactly what I intended to post.

The policy regarding RW controllers was in place long before I stepped into the VATUSA3 position. I already had a new policy foisted on the Academy to allow IVAO a short cut. A short cut that tells the staff that they have to do 1-on-1 training for a select few. That is something I am not even sure I can tell them they have to do since the contract we ask the faculty to sign says they have to only put in 4 hours per week and that is for 2 cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es. They somehow manage to do their 4 hours and take on many students 1-on-1 who have trouble with the schedule.

After my post I was emailed privately by a RW controller here at VATUSA who said he would be willing to help out. I approached one other RW controller here as well. Since that answered my concern about the staff time and resources I was going to look at setting up a program/policy that might be used and send it up to VATUSA1/VATUSA2 for their approval. However, with the recent resignation of VATUSA1 and my decision to step down as VATUSA3 I will not be look into implementing this. I will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the information on to the new leadership so that they are aware of it.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan Hensley 950569

• Richard Green 810012

• Darrin Jones 983985

• George Marinakis

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan Hensley 950569