You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vRoute Released

Richard Jenkins

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Well, I've added two routes. Great Idea! It was always such a h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le to find routes like EGLL - CYOW etc, but you've made it much easier!

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michal Rok

• Stephen Keskitalo 977981

• James O Grady 904153

• David Reimer 913748

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michal Rok

Michal Rok 18 posts

• Stephen Keskitalo 977981

Stephen Keskitalo 977981 8 posts

• James O Grady 904153

James O Grady 904153 5 posts

• David Reimer 913748

David Reimer 913748 4 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 31 2007

43 posts

• Apr 1 2007

23 posts

• Apr 2 2007

20 posts

• Apr 3 2007

5 posts

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted (edited)

Also Michal I see that even after beta testing, the Shannon FIR boundaries still have not been updated, despite being so long before 0608. Will this be updated at some point? Also, will it be possible in future versions of vroute to change settings such as the size of font on the map, view the network/voice servers, view arrivals/departures of individual airports as opposed to the whole FIR, view all pilots and controllers, and the ability to move the map around?

Edited by Guest

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
Hi Michal,

the realworld FIR borders do not correspond with the FIR organisation that VACC-SAG uses. In real world the german DFS has merged some FIRs, and this has not been reflected to organsiatorial reasons. If you use older FIR data (such as the ones from SI) then you have the correct ones.

Actually that's not correct either, as the "Franken-Sector" (that block from EDDN up to the border of EDBB) has moved from EDFF to EDMM, which was not implemented in ServInfo.

And one more thing: EDUU_CTR is not recognized ("Rhein Radar" - EDFF upper airspace - 133.650)

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm unable to find this out as the website is down, but is it possible to change your name in the Configuration?

EDIT: Name now changed with re-registration.

Edited by Guest

Luis Areal 973316
Posted
Posted

Dear all,

I have been experiencing problems with Vroute, I have registered vroute with all e-mails that I had available, and true matter is, that it is registered, though when opening Vroute it does not load any traffic, nothing at all, the only thing that appears is Poland, and I'm from Portugal, I have double checked .net framework, I have all version 1.1 version 2 and version 3.

I have installed and uninstalled Vroute about 8 times, install again and register again, but nothing works, everyting stays blank and no info loads, I even deactivated windows firewall, and nothing, no antivirus installed, and I have a lot of friends that are using vroute with success, also I have modem connection and no router. I just do not know what else to do...

Can please someone provide some help on this matter? It would be most appreciated.

My best regards to you all, and hope that someone can give me a hint on this..

Joe Flanagan 951388
Posted
Posted

Registering VRoute was not my problem, that went smoothly. I'm having a problem verifying my VATSIM account. It tells me that my session has expired, restart VRoute and I need to enable cookies. I've restarted several times, enabled cookies, and even put the website in as a "safe" site. What else can I do to try and verify my account?

Thanks

vatusaacadvz3.jpg

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted
Registering VRoute was not my problem, that went smoothly. I'm having a problem verifying my VATSIM account. It tells me that my session has expired, restart VRoute and I need to enable cookies. I've restarted several times, enabled cookies, and even put the website in as a "safe" site. What else can I do to try and verify my account?

Thanks

Are you getting this problem when you enter your VATSIM ID in vroute to get your verification e-mail? Or is it when you receive the e-mail and have to proceed with the confirmation? When I received my e-mail for verifying my VATSIM account, I had to copy and paste the link given as clicking on it from the e-mail for some reason didn't work, if the later is where you're having your problem, that might be the solution.

Artur Abadjan 924443
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear all,

First of all, guys, many thanks for such interesting project like this. I wish you to reach the excelent results with this program and to optimize it in the best way.

However, I have a real problem with using Booking System. The thing is that, i can't book an ATC position not within Moscow CTA. My raiting is CTR and i would like to book another ATC position within VATSIM Russia (VATRUS). When I try to book for example UDYZ_CTR (Yerevan Control), which is a part of VATRUS, apears an error, saying that Erevan FIR doesn't belongs to Moscow CTA. It's true, but VATRUS is not only Moscow.

Are any ideas to solve the problem?

And the second misunderstandings, that Armenia was virtualy attached to Russia Federation. Thnx for this great news, but the reality is quate different. Plz, make Armenia independent with all routes to/from this country. It's sad to see: "Yerevan-Zvartnots (Russia)".

By the way, if it's possible, plz make an oppotunity to switch time from LOCAL to UTC in options.

Best Regards,

Artur Abadjan,

VATRUS5 Membership Manager.

Edited by Guest

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

Thanks

Are you getting this problem when you enter your VATSIM ID in vroute to get your verification e-mail? Or is it when you receive the e-mail and have to proceed with the confirmation? When I received my e-mail for verifying my VATSIM account, I had to copy and paste the link given as clicking on it from the e-mail for some reason didn't work, if the later is where you're having your problem, that might be the solution.

It seems vroute is very very IE oriented. I had a problem with this but as soon as I tried it in IE (as opposed to Firefox), it worked ok.

216.png

Luis Areal 973316
Posted
Posted

Absolutly no problem registering my VATSIM ID and when clicking to activate on the link it says registration completed, the problem is when opening Vroute, it does not load ant type of info, though Vatsim user id is registered, it's very wired, looks like I'm the only having this kind of troubble.

Joe Flanagan 951388
Posted
Posted

Thanks

I'm using Vista and Internet Explorer, and this is the error message I get when I type in my VATSIM ID on the VRoute configuration page and click "verify":

Login session expired. You might have to restart vroute.info.

If this message shows up again, you probably have disabled cookies. Please check your Internet Explorer configuration.

vatusaacadvz3.jpg

Artur Abadjan 924443
Posted
Posted

And one more thing - can I change my "name" after registration? Or can I registrate again?

David Reimer 913748
Posted
Posted (edited)

Delete

Edited by Guest
signiture.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted (edited)

At the moment you can't change the name and email, but this will be improved.

I appreciate all the improvement suggestions provided in this and other topics. Unfortunately I can't fix everything at once - my resources are limited, I'm employed full time in another company, I have two kids and my wife deserves some time too. So excuse me but my efforts will concentrate in the next couple days on keeping the system up and running as smoothly as practical despite significant load - but not necessarily on adding some nice to have, but not crucial features.

Michal Rok

Edited by Guest

vroute.net founder

Henry Adam 941630
Posted
Posted

Hey !

I have tried three different email addreses in registering over the past 24 hours and no respoinse on any of them.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Any idea on when I'll get something back ?

thanks in advance

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Check your spambox. There's no email in outgoing queue to any of the three addresses you mentioned.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Markian Olesijuk 814713
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal,

I've submitted two different e-mail addresses each after waiting about 2 hours with no luck. Is there a problem delivering the e-mails?

This is my preferred e-mail address:

thaloveabove (at) prodigy (dot) net

Thanks for the help.

Henry Adam 941630
Posted
Posted

No mail in spam or junk mail in any of the three email addresses. I'll try one more time from my main address which is [email protected]. I don't have email issues ever so it's on your end.

Henry Adam 941630
Posted
Posted

I posted one more time to my main email address and it came back instantaneously. Sorry for any confusion. I know you've been busy.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
And one more thing - can I change my "name" after registration? Or can I registrate again?

I did register again without any problem, using another name and the same adress. Also when you reinstall or install on another pc you'll have to reregister without validation, so my guess is, that registration is based on the adress, and the name is just saved in the program.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted
No mail in spam or junk mail in any of the three email addresses. I'll try one more time from my main address which is [email protected]. I don't have email issues ever so it's on your end.

Henry I frequently communicate with @comcast staff members from VATSIM and I face A LOT of problems.

My ISP is @otenet.gr (biggest one in Greece) and Comcast very frequently block it because they use 3rd party spam blacklist referal. Every time this happens I have to contact my ISP's abuse team, then they contact the spam referal company for comcast and after 2~3 days my ISP's IP is removed from the blacklist. It's very frustrating. I suggest you change email for vroutr registration because you're going to have problems in the future as long as comcast uses the same spam referer.

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Stephen Keskitalo 977981
Posted
Posted

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm failing to see why registering is necessary. If someone could please explain the reason for it, I would be appreciative.

Also, are the pilots who do not want to use vRoute, because of registering, going to be at a disadvantage? In other words, will vRoute become an integral and necessary part of flight planning on VATSIM?

Thanks in advance to whoever responds to my questions and concerns.

Oh and before anyone asks "Why don't you want to register?" the reason is, I don't know who will be getting my email address when I register, and for what purpose they will be using it.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Stephen,

The email isnt stored or captured in any way. It is simply used to verify against the VATSIM database, the very same address for which you are signed up with. If it matches the registered one then vroute is told match, otherwise no match and no registration.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Stephen Keskitalo 977981
Posted
Posted
Stephen,

The email isnt stored or captured in any way. It is simply used to verify against the VATSIM database, the very same address for which you are signed up with. If it matches the registered one then vroute is told match, otherwise no match and no registration.

Will anyone outside of the VATSIM administration see it? In other words, will anyone who isn't already able to see it, be able to see it?

Thank you for your help.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

vRoute's author is a Supervisor so could already see your email address.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg