Opinion of Saitek Flight Pro yoke & throttle Quadrant

I bought the joystick and throttle combo X52 which I have used now and then with military jets and works very well.

However for heavy iron I prefer the CH Yoke to the joystick and have configured the X52 throttle to replace that in the yoke.

Whichever way you go the X52 will give you very good performance.

Regards

Joaquin Blanco

What I don't understand is, if this is supposed to be a captains yoke (ie, the left side), why is there an AP disco button on the right horn?

Because it's not real...

That's correct, but if I'm going to pay $150 (Or whatever it is), I want it to be realistic. Hell, I could just as easily buy a real yoke, and wire it myself, for a lot less than I'd pay for this.

• 3 months later...

I purchased both the Flight Pro yoke and pedals. Overall, they're great; I've been pleased. The yoke is spring loaded to the neutral position. It rotates only about 45 degrees in both directions. No button or rocker switch can be programmed as a push-to-talk button in Squawkbox (bummer!). Programming within Flight Sim is a challenge. You must refer to both the included instruction manual and from the Saitek website. They could've been written better for easier installation and setup. The driver CD is included; both yoke and pedals are PnP. The prop pitch control won't work intially; the first input must be done from the keyboard after engine startup for the turboprop, unless I'm missing something. The graduations for the power lever position and the guage(s) don't jibe. I haven't tried other aircraft yet.

No button or rocker switch can be programmed as a push-to-talk button in Squawkbox (bummer!).

Apologies if I'm telling you what you already know, but if you have a registered version of FSUIPC, you can map any yoke button to your SB3 PTT key.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

I purchased both the Flight Pro yoke and pedals. Overall, they're great; I've been pleased. The yoke is spring loaded to the neutral position. It rotates only about 45 degrees in both directions. No button or rocker switch can be programmed as a push-to-talk button in Squawkbox (bummer!). Programming within Flight Sim is a challenge. You must refer to both the included instruction manual and from the Saitek website. They could've been written better for easier installation and setup. The driver CD is included; both yoke and pedals are PnP. The prop pitch control won't work intially; the first input must be done from the keyboard after engine startup for the turboprop, unless I'm missing something. The graduations for the power lever position and the guage(s) don't jibe. I haven't tried other aircraft yet.

Agreed the manual could be better. However, I had no problem getting PTT or prop pitch to work using the Saitek software. It sounds like the prop pitch might be an aircraft specific issue. Which aircraft are you using?