You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Opinion of Saitek Flight Pro yoke & throttle Quadrant

Ken Bonnett

Richard Ronhovde 1001599
Posted
Posted

I Reccomend you to buy it.

I have Saitek Yoke, Saitek Pedals and Saitek Throttle Quadrant, all working Completly Perfect.

You need to Configurate the Reverse Levers (Define Idle, and Reverse) using FSUIPC, but thats done very fast np.

Once you have it Configurated, you have the best Flight Controll System currently availeble imho.

I'm From PARIS, FRANCE ... were are you from ?

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

Where do you put the yoke?

It all looks interesting from what I've seen and read, but unfortunately I use my PC for lots of things besides flight simulation, and I'm not exactly where where I'd put the yoke. Where do you put it? Does it clamp in place or what? It doesn't look as though it would be trivial to set up for a flight and then set up for other things. Where do you put your keyboard?

It's cramped enough for me with a joystick and throttle. A yoke is very tempting but I just don't understand how I could set it up on a computer used for other things. What solutions have other people found … or is everyone with a yoke using it on a computer dedicated to simming?

8564.png

Krister Linden 825934
Posted
Posted

This is the way I do it.

b.jpg

I have the CH Products units (I will replace them with Saitek once the company gets rid of all the faulty units from the vendors) but the Saitek is basically attached to the desk in the same albeit better manner. I simply detach the yoke and put it under the table by the pedals. The keyboard usually kept where the hat is I simply put it in the yokes position when I don't use the latter. Simple as that. I do have another work station for more serious work and I also use a laptop that I put to the left of the left monitor (use it for showing charts and FSCommander). Still, it works good enough that I do video and HTML editing on the flightsim computer (I've actually replaced the two 19" with a 22" and a 15" but it's an old picture).

/Krister

Krister Lindén

EFMA, Finland

4689.png

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Whoa 'Krister' you have a very nice setup there! Like flying in an IFR panel ha?

I hope i have that enough space here to setup like that!

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp