You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

To all my students and friends from Atlanta

ARIEL MAISONET 811274

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
Don't get involved with the bickering, Justin. Not worth it bud, don't stoop to that level

Congrats on the promotions guys!

Justin, stoop?? LOL haha

Regards,

JX

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

I don't think this is the place to insult or mock others, Joe. Anything between both of you should stay well away from public media.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
I don't think this is the place to insult or mock others, Joe. Anything between both of you should stay well away from public media.

Try again Alex.

Justin, Brandon, Ariel, and Mike tease me...and I tease them. It has been that way for over a year. Enjoy your day and stop judging what you know nothing about.

Regards,

JX

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Not a big deal, just going by the comments I received from Justin. Certain statements may be interpreted differently from the person they are said about. Back to the topic though, Ariel doesn't want fighting in here

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Just be careful with your interpretations. What happens here is other people (who also have no clue what's going on) read your post, and "interpret" the whole thread as I am "mocking and insulting." Then they judge me by your incorrect words because they don't know they are incorrect.

Then the wonderful MODS here who LOVE misinterpreting me will lock the post and ban me for another month. All because you, an innocent bystander who means well, stated an "interpretation" which was incorrect. So you see Alex, nothing against you, but when most people like to take what I say and project it in a negative light for their own benefit, I become suspicious of your motives.

Anyone who knows me knows I don't "play", "joke", or beat around the bush if I have something to say to you. I have no fear of expressing my opinion to anyone, regardless of who they are or under what circomestances.

So to clarify for all the drama queens out there:

Ariel is still on the Atlanta roster, he is still an Instructor, and I was the one who approved him to remain as such because I have no problem with him as a person. He was asked to resign because A) he felt that as a Training Administrator, he fell under VATUSA and was not responsible to ZTL and B) there were new policies he did not agree with. We were not on the same page moving forward. He received direction from VATUSA, that contradicted mine (as can be seen on the post in the controllers chat) and over all I felt a new program needs a new leader. There was no big argument or dramatic spat between us. What it all boils down to is he could not see the problems I saw as problems. He was promoted by Chris Waldo to VATUSA as a result of this and I am happy we all came to a mutually beneficial conclusion. Ariel is one of the most dedicated and hard working individuals I know and while a million people asked me to fire him when I became ATM, I didn't because he earned the right to be there.

Brandon Bartell, although in Oakland, is still the ZTL webmaster. He has done a great job of helping me build the brand spanking new ZTL web site from scratch. It is one of the most innovative site designs I have seen and makes the administrative side of things 1000% easier.

Justin, is Justin. He is a 14 year old who gets on my damn nerves, but what none of you guys know is he has been at my hip since he joined VATSIM over a year ago and is my annoying little brother. He knows it and purposely does things to annoy me. If I could fly to BWI to beat him with a stick I would.

Mike is still welcome here at ZTL and I am still waiting for the day he beats me in ACSIM!

F.Y.I. JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IN ADVANCED!!!

Matt Thompson, the DATM at ZTL, expressed to me months ago that since the birth of his twins and with his hectic work schedule, he would have less and less time to devote to VATSIM. As time goes on we will eventually come to a point where we are going to have to find another DATM with more time on his hands. Not a problem for me, but when it happens I am going to curse the first person who comes in here and accuses me of fighting and bickering with him. Of course I will be banned for it but hey, what's new.

"Anytime someone can see something you don't, check to be sure your eyes are open."

Regards,

JX

Michael Moskovich
Posted
Posted

well said Joseph. Not meaning to bring this topic further off track but Joe, I am considering coming back to help you at Atlanta wherever you need me. School and the girlfriend has got the best of me.

You will be hearing from me in the near future.

Mike

ZTL ML

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Justin, is Justin. He is a 14 year old who gets on my damn nerves, but what none of you guys know is he has been at my hip since he joined VATSIM over a year ago and is my annoying little brother. He knows it and purposely does things to annoy me. If I could fly to BWI to beat him with a stick I would.

This my sound funny coming from ME but I find this rather amusing. Joe, you and I have our differences but we have been through a lot, and although you seem to be the only one the finds me annoying ( ) you do a good job of putting up with me!

All and all well said!

Thanks,

JM

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
you seem to be the only one the finds me annoying

One of these days we're gonna have to run a poll!

Regards,

JX

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Try again Alex.

Justin, Brandon, Ariel, and Mike tease me...and I tease them. It has been that way for over a year. Enjoy your day and stop judging what you know nothing about.

Tease them elsewhere Joe. Email is a great tool.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

ARIEL MAISONET 811274
Posted
Posted
Just be careful with your interpretations. What happens here is other people (who also have no clue what's going on) read your post, and "interpret" the whole thread as I am "mocking and insulting." Then they judge me by your incorrect words because they don't know they are incorrect.

Then the wonderful MODS here who LOVE misinterpreting me will lock the post and ban me for another month. All because you, an innocent bystander who means well, stated an "interpretation" which was incorrect. So you see Alex, nothing against you, but when most people like to take what I say and project it in a negative light for their own benefit, I become suspicious of your motives.

Anyone who knows me knows I don't "play", "joke", or beat around the bush if I have something to say to you. I have no fear of expressing my opinion to anyone, regardless of who they are or under what circomestances.

So to clarify for all the drama queens out there:

Ariel is still on the Atlanta roster, he is still an Instructor, and I was the one who approved him to remain as such because I have no problem with him as a person. He was asked to resign because A) he felt that as a Training Administrator, he fell under VATUSA and was not responsible to ZTL and B) there were new policies he did not agree with. We were not on the same page moving forward. He received direction from VATUSA, that contradicted mine (as can be seen on the post in the controllers chat) and over all I felt a new program needs a new leader. There was no big argument or dramatic spat between us. What it all boils down to is he could not see the problems I saw as problems. He was promoted by Chris Waldo to VATUSA as a result of this and I am happy we all came to a mutually beneficial conclusion. Ariel is one of the most dedicated and hard working individuals I know and while a million people asked me to fire him when I became ATM, I didn't because he earned the right to be there.

Brandon Bartell, although in Oakland, is still the ZTL webmaster. He has done a great job of helping me build the brand spanking new ZTL web site from scratch. It is one of the most innovative site designs I have seen and makes the administrative side of things 1000% easier.

Mike is still welcome here at ZTL and I am still waiting for the day he beats me in ACSIM!

F.Y.I. JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IN ADVANCED!!!

Matt Thompson, the DATM at ZTL, expressed to me months ago that since the birth of his twins and with his hectic work schedule, he would have less and less time to devote to VATSIM. As time goes on we will eventually come to a point where we are going to have to find another DATM with more time on his hands. Not a problem for me, but when it happens I am going to curse the first person who comes in here and accuses me of fighting and bickering with him. Of course I will be banned for it but hey, what's new.

"Anytime someone can see something you don't, check to be sure your eyes are open."

I didn’t intended to enter in this dilemma, but I have the urgency to clarify few things.

>>>Ariel is still on the Atlanta roster, he is still an Instructor, and I was the one who approved him to remain as such because I have no problem with him as a person. He was asked to resign because...<

First I wasn’t asked to resign, by the contrary I spoke at least five times to Joe, offering my resignation, but the five times he rejected the resignation. He told me to stay there, but I was getting in love to work with Vatusa HQ Training Staff and I have offered my help to Chris C Waldo; he accepted my offering and I placed my resignation then after.

Since day one I worked like a dog for Atlanta and everybody knows that, ask my best witness Dennis H Whitley (Vatusa1) he can tell how I did for the sake of Atlanta…

>>>Ariel is one of the most dedicated and hard working individuals I know and while a million people asked me to fire him when I became ATM, I didn't because he earned the right to be there.<<<

…if one million people want that I’ve been fired, three million people were helped by me and my personnel and are very grateful of my dedication to them.

I know I have my enemies, maybe because of my Latin American accent, or maybe because I don’t laugh at them; because I don’t make jokes and share experiences with them or simply because I was rough on a time or another, it can be, I wasn’t (and I’m not) a one hundred dollar bill that everybody likes, I came to Atlanta to work not to make public relations; and was that precisely what I did.

If I have at the very least ten people that hates me and that want that I'd been fired, at least 10 times that I have that I helped to be better controllers and palm my back saying thank you. Many of the actual I1 and I3 on current roster of Atlanta and other that went to ZNY were S1 or S3 when they got in my hands; they earned their ratings, but I was involved, I think there should be some gratitude from those.

>>>...but when most people like to take what I say and project it in a negative light for their own benefit..<<<

I think that everybody would take it like it sound, because is not the way we say things but how we say it.

Ariel Maisonet, C3

Vatsim Member since Satco days

RW PPL Instruments & Multiengines

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Okay, everyone had their say. Lets take this soap opera somewhere else. Locked.

RJ