You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problems listening or talking to ATC

Johan Van Nieuwenhuizen 10

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I'm uploading as we speak.

Is it ok if i Didnt give my e-mail

I'll let you know whether I get the image or not. The form has simple algorithm that will fail if it interprets the information as robots or spam.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johan Van Nieuwenhuizen 10

• Larry James 901346

• Wycliffe Barrett

• Dave McNeil 1028030

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johan Van Nieuwenhuizen 10

Johan Van Nieuwenhuizen 10 40 posts

• Larry James 901346

Larry James 901346 29 posts

• Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett 3 posts

• Dave McNeil 1028030

Dave McNeil 1028030 2 posts

Popular Days

• Oct 10 2007

41 posts

• Oct 17 2007

18 posts

• Oct 14 2007

9 posts

• Oct 18 2007

4 posts

Posted
Posted

So you mean it won't work if i don't give my email?

Regards

Johan

Dream towards an Emirates pilot?

Join our VA at www.Emiratesvirtual.net.tc

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

If it didn't work you could have send it to me any other way, including some of the public image sites. I used to tell the users to email me the images, but found giving this link an easier alternative.

I looked at the image and put red marks to specify where you should focus, instead of being concerned with the other "thousand" buttons.

Your edited image: http://www.apollo3.com/images_pub/vatsim-071010.jpg

1) Standby frequency I referred to in my message.

2) Knob I referred to when I said [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with com1 or com2

3) Double arrow I said for toggling the active and standby frequency.

By the way, what did you get when you click Shift for all the numbers?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Posted
Posted (edited)

If it didn't work you could have send it to me any other way, including some of the public image sites. I used to tell the users to email me the images, but found giving this link an easier alternative.

I looked at the image and put red marks to specify where you should focus, instead of being concerned with the other "thousand" buttons.

Your edited image: http://www.apollo3.com/images_pub/vatsim-071010.jpg

1) Standby frequency I referred to in my message.

2) Knob I referred to when I said [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with com1 or com2

3) Double arrow I said for toggling the active and standby frequency.

By the way, what did you get when you click Shift for all the numbers?

If that is how it looks like i did excactly what you told me, but it didn,t work.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

I got stuff like GPS and pedestal but no radio

Edited by Guest

Regards

Johan

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Neatly done larry

looks liek a nice plane aswell

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Posted
Posted
Neatly done larry

Hi wycliffe,

Thats the CLS a340-500 I was having problems with...

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Neatly done larry

Thanks, Wycliffe.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted

I got into a default plane and it had the radio and i changed the FREQ and it didn't work.So what should I do

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I got into a default plane and it had the radio and i changed the FREQ and it didn't work.So what should I do

Which frequency did you see ATC using and which frequency did you tune the radio for?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted

I saw 118.500 (TWR) and I tuned 118.500

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Ok, Good. That verifies there's ATC in range.

When you click on the text chat button are you able to see dialog between the ATC and other pilots? Are you able to type to the controller?

Verify the active radio has the desired frequency not the standby radio. Also verify that the appropriate Com1 or Com2 is lit to indicate that's the one you're communicating with.

Also check to see if you have any text in the "ALL" text box of the Inn Chat screen.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted

Im lost.Whats the active radio and where do i set that?what do you mean by a dialog between atc and other pilots?Also verify that the appropriate Com1 or Com2 is lit to indicate that's the one you're communicating with. what do you mean by that?

Regards

Johan

Posted
Posted

I know tried the same with the a321 as i tried with the 737 and now the a321 don't swap FREQ

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Im lost.Whats the active radio and where do i set that?what do you mean by a dialog between atc and other pilots?Also verify that the appropriate Com1 or Com2 is lit to indicate that's the one you're communicating with. what do you mean by that?

Active Radio:

Look at the image again. The label #3 is a toggle between the standby and active radio frequency. When you tune the radio you're tuning the standby radio frequency. You're make that frequency active by hitting the double arrow (which is a toggle).

Dialog between ATC and the other pilots:

When you click on the Chat button of the Inn Control panel, if ATC and other pilots are communicating in text you'll see it there. You also have other buttons such as ALL, UNICOM, COM1, and COM2 that you can click on to check for dialog (text communication) between the other pilots and controllers.

Com1 or Com2 lit:

In the default 737 you'll see buttons at the bottom of the cockpit's radio labeled CM1, CM2, BTH, NV1, NV2, MK4, DM3, and ADF. Clicking one will light it up. So if you're trying to communicate on com1, make sure it's lit.

By the way, I just review the topic. I can't see a reference to where you're indicating (as I asked initially) which version of FSInn are you running? Did you install version 1.3?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted

I have FsInn 1.3 but I can see the Atc dialog but I cant hear them and I can't seem to contact them

Regards

Johan

Posted
Posted

Im logging off.

Probably will be on later.

Cheers

Regards

Johan

Posted
Posted
I meant I saw 118.500 and I tuned to 128.500 not 118.500.I couldn't tune 118.500

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I meant I saw 118.500 and I tuned to 128.500 not 118.500.I couldn't tune 118.500

Hi, John. I'm trying to understand how you were able to tune 128.5 and not 118.5. Can you describe how you were tunning the radio?

Which frequency were you trying to tune, the standby frequency or the active frequency?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted

I was able to tune to 128.5 because always my planes radios first two decimals are 128.xxx.I tuned it by turning the knob etc.(your instructions)

I was trying to tune the standba and then switch the standby frequency to the active frequency

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I was able to tune to 128.5 because always my planes radios first two decimals are 128.xxx.I tuned it by turning the knob etc.(your instructions)

I was trying to tune the standba and then switch the standby frequency to the active frequency

Positioning the mouse cursor slightly to the right or to the left determines which part of the frequency you'll tune. If you're far enough to the right, you'd tune the numbers on the right side of the decimal. If you're far enough to the left, you'd tune the numbers on the left side of the decimal. That's when you have the mouse cursor above the numbers. If you have the mouse cursor above the knob scrolling the while will increment all the numbers.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted

Positioning the mouse cursor slightly to the right or to the left determines which part of the frequency you'll tune. If you're far enough to the right, you'd tune the numbers on the right side of the decimal. If you're far enough to the left, you'd tune the numbers on the left side of the decimal. That's when you have the mouse cursor above the numbers. If you have the mouse cursor above the knob scrolling the while will increment all the numbers.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Can you edit my picture that i sent to you again showing where the mouse cursor must be when i want to tune the first three decimals?

Regards

Johan

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

It's already edited. It's labeled #1. It's the same area where you find that you can make a chance. You'll just have to reposition your mouse cursor further to the left to be able to change the digits on the left. If you more the mouse cursor but the digits to the right change instead of the digits on the left, that means you didn't move it far enough. Most the mouse cursor just a little further then try to change them.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Posted
Posted
It's already edited. It's labeled #1. It's the same area where you find that you can make a chance. You'll just have to reposition your mouse cursor further to the left to be able to change the digits on the left. If you more the mouse cursor but the digits to the right change instead of the digits on the left, that means you didn't move it far enough. Most the mouse cursor just a little further then try to change them.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Ill give it a try and let you know

Regards

Johan

Posted
Posted

It worked.But i still cant hear them

Regards

Johan

Posted
Posted

If I text on UNICOM noone recieves it and it says my name as LOCAL.Is that correct?

Regards

Johan