You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Air Traffic Corridor 11/3/07 - Focus Airports?

Peter Allen 873584

Andrew Erhardt 963357
Posted
Posted (edited)

BRING FNO BACK!! I MISS IT SO MUTCH AND MAKE IT EVERY FRIDAY INSTED OF ONCE A MOUNTH!! Sorry bout caps

Edited by Guest

Andrew Erhardt

ZLC ARTCC I1 | Webmaster

Network Supervisor

Twitter: @andrewerhardt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Bailey 969331

• Ryan Whitford 995253

• Earvie Rollins 971247

• Brian Sperduto 856560

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Bailey 969331

Alex Bailey 969331 15 posts

• Ryan Whitford 995253

Ryan Whitford 995253 12 posts

• Earvie Rollins 971247

Earvie Rollins 971247 6 posts

• Brian Sperduto 856560

Brian Sperduto 856560 4 posts

Popular Days

• Nov 6 2007

34 posts

• Nov 5 2007

19 posts

• Nov 2 2007

7 posts

• Nov 3 2007

6 posts

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

You do know that the FNO you guys refer to was completely planned by the ARTCC? The only thing VATUSA did was put an advertisement on the web, which they still do for our events. Nothing is changed and you will still get the same amount of traffic.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Tom Rakauskas 986124
Posted
Posted

IT DONT MATTER!! ITS NOT THE SAME ALEX!!!! [MOD - Play nice. RJ 800012]

Running A:

Intel C2D [email protected] on water

2GB 667MHZ RAM

NVIDIA 8800GTS

A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Alright, email an EC if you want FNO, or keep whining here. It just won't happen that way. Have a great night.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Regardless Alex i want it every FRIDAY, No offense but you talk about ZMA alot but i still see a blank spot on serv info tonight o wait APP is on at least he is dedicated

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Could we get a mod to lock this before it continues?

No productive discussion is occuring, and if people want events they can email the events coordinator. Funny how they have that title.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted
Alright, email an EC if you want FNO, or keep whining here. It just won't happen that way. Have a great night.

Good Night

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yea can a mod lock this please before we all get in trobule here. lol

Edited by Guest
2572.png

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Hey whatsup Robbie,

All i want is FNO Back not to Email EC's and do there job

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

can some one explain to me how Karen got the power to take out FNO?

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

Okay guys, you got me going. I'm calling this 'Inhuman Rampage'. So prepare yourselves.

Yea can a mod lock this simple DEBATE not argument.

Then honestly, treat it as such, and not revert back to whinging about it, because that is what you are bringing it down to. In fact, some of the posts here could be construed as trolling.

Honestly, Robert is right. VATUSA only put out a notice about FNO. They did nothing else. A weekly rotating sector was put together by (guess who? ) the events coordinators and ATMs of the sectors. When it came around to a certain sector, VATUSA put out a notice. Did VATUSA create it? NO. did they host it? NO.

I don't know why it is that hard for some people to understand that.

Regardless Alex i want it every FRIDAY, No offense but you talk about ZMA alot but i still see a blank spot on serv info tonight o wait APP is on at least he is dedicated

If you WANT it, Ryan, then bloody well do something about it. If you don't mail anyone about it (read: ATMs, DATMs, ECs, etc.), you're not going to get anything, and all your complaining about it here will do nothing except get more whining and complaining. From there, everything rolls downhill. Like I told you before, and before that, you're barking up the wrong tree. Request it from the right people, and your request will be heard.

IT DONT MATTER!! ITS NOT THE SAME ALEX!!!! [MOD - Play nice. RJ 800012]

Yelling like you are won't get what you're wanting back any faster. In fact, I'd do the opposite and make it harder. Discipline will work wonders.

As for it 'not being the same', that is all relative to you. Read Alex's post above yours, then, like Ryan, request it from the proper people. Then you will get what you want. Until then, and especially with flaming in caps, you're definitely not going to get anything from anyone.

For all of you whinging about not getting any email about FNO being replaced, you should check your mailboxes more closely. Email about that went out August 25th, 2007. To quote part of it:

The VATUSA main event is changing its' face on the first Friday night of each month starting September 7, 2007, and the first Friday night of each month thereafter. The new event is the next generation Friday Night Ops, and has something for pilots and controllers alike. The original FNO description included the following plan for the future:

"As the event grows, it is our hope that ARTCC's will be able to staff multiple airports within their ARTCC to allow participants to crisscross the ARTCC while encountering multiple layers of ATC and air traffic that will help simulate the look and feel of real world operations."

We've kept the original concept and added a couple of new features...

Bold for emphasis.

Alex i know you hate being treated badly in the forums but what you are saying is incorrect

Actually, Ryan, Alex is quite correct. He has been around here for quite a while, like myself, and as ATM, has seen FNO grow from TGIF to what it is now. I'd seriously suggest that you check out things before making [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umptions like that.

You can't compare FNO in ZME, ZMP, etc., to The Boston Tea Party in ZBW. Apples to oranges.

Eventwise, no, you're right. I can't. Effortwise to get those events planned and scheduled, I most surely can. It's the same efforts and steps that we have now. Those haven't changed since I've been on VATSIM, and since before that with SATCO. If anyone can show and prove otherwise, I'll stew my shoes and eat them for dinner with my headset for an appetizer.

Alex you are an ATM so you should know how it feels when your ARTCC dosen't reccevie all that traffic on certain fridays.

You know what? When I've controlled Los Angeles Center on those fridays and saturdays when the east coast received TONS of traffic, Did I look down on it and whine and complain that I had none while they had it all? Did I complain when I controlled overnights from 11pm till 5am in the morning while Europe was lit up? No. I manned my position and built up traffic levels just from the sake of being on. The traffic came to me, not me waiting for an event to come up so I could get the traffic. That is what you fail to understand, that Alex does. When we man it, you guys show up. For a period of 17 months, there were less than a handful of days that I did not have traffic at LA Center overnight. And I could build that traffic up at any time. And you're just complaining about Fridays...

Let's just tuck our tails in and not stand up for what the network wants......Good to have you leading miami.

Firstly, Alex's position as ZMA ATM has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, nor should his leadership of that ARTCC be questioned in this thread. If you have an issue with his leadership of ZMA, take it up with the Southeast Regional Director, and you had best come up with verifiable proof that he has run ZMA poorly (I seriously doubt you will find any proof). Secondly, You do not represent the entire VATSIM network. I don't see VATUK, VATEUD, VATEUR, VATRUS, VATPAC, VATSAF, VATCAN, or the other divisions in this (the VATUSA section) forum complaining. They have their own events, like we do. And as we have told you, if you want it, mail the ECs. Until then, your whinges are falling on deaf ears.

All i want is FNO Back not to Email EC's and do there job

I'll spell it out plain and simple.

FNO. Was. The. EC's. Job. Not. VATUSA's. Job.

The ATC Corridor Is not VATUSA's Job. It is cooperation between the EC's of the sector's jobs. If you don't want to put forth the effort to get what you want, you'll never get it. It's like you wanting money in your bank account, but don't want to get a job, or hot water but not pay the bill. You are never going to get what you want without putting forth any effort. It is as simple as that, and I don't understand why it is so hard for all of you to understand that.

Perhaps you can't teach a man to fish so he'll be fed for a lifetime...

Smeghead out.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

i understand that ATMs make the event BUT, many pilots including me Dont like the new system of 3 ARTCC's the old System was that a Notice was put out then the ARTCC's put an airport out. This new system includes like what 6 airports?? I wanted the old system Back not the 3 ARTCC's

You guys dont get the point

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

We do get the point, and you need to contact the appropriate individuals to meet your request. Once FNO is popular again, there will be more evidence to bring up to Karen. This has been an on-going debate in the staff forum, and was just revisited this evening.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

If a poll were taken, The majority of the pilots would most likley vote for the old FNO.

This is just personal opinion, or are there some facts to back this up?

I with you i would like a poll

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

There is a pilot survey somewhere, do some searching. It covers the exact concerns you bring up here.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Well....guess everyone had their say. I would like to recommend that some of you step back and seriously think about your conduct in this forum. Because the clock is running....

Thread locked.

RJ