You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Active airport question

Chris Makris

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

A question regarding active airports. When I am controling as center I obviouly want to have all airports under my airspace set as active (Airports only not runways). In Greece the amount of airpots is around 40.

My question is there any way to define which airports will be active depending on the profile I am using? As Athens approach I want only the airports in the TMA. As Makedonia Control I need the ones in this part of Greece, as Athens Control I need them all etc. Or each time I should manualy activate the airports I need?

On the manual I have found this "Set active APT by owned sectors: This option automatically activates airports in the Active Airports Runways dialog, if they are defined in the sector definition of the ESE file."

But haven't manage to make it work. What exactly means to define the airport in the sector definition?

Thx in advance

Magnus Eliassen 989183
Posted
Posted

In the ESE-file under the [airspace] definition you have to add the following lines: "DEPAPT:" and "ARRAPT:" in two seperate lines followed by the ICAO codes of the airports you want to have control over.

Here's an example from my ESE-file (the lines described above is highlighted)

SECTOR:ENBDSCTR:0:60000

OWNER:BS:NE

DEPAPT:ENRM:ENNM:ENOL:ENVA:ENRO:ENKB:ENML:ENAL:ENOV

ARRAPT:ENRM:ENNM:ENOL:ENVA:ENRO:ENKB:ENML:ENAL:ENOV

BORDER:ENBDS_E:ENBDS_N:ENBDS_W:ENSV_NE:ENOS_NC

6593.png

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Thx it worked

Magnus Eliassen 989183
Posted
Posted

Glad to help

6593.png

• 8 months later...
Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

returning on this matter, set the dep and arr airports, how to manage now the runways?

I mean, logging from one positione to another (closing ES saving and reponing again with other position) I would like to have set at least the last active runways for each airports manned by the ctr. Then I will update with metar condition.

Does Active control work even for this? And I have to type in ESE file each ACTIVE as well as each airport or I can sort using ":"?

Tnx for a reply.

Giovanni.

Proud to be a VATITA ATC.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well I don't have the v.3.0, but I far as I can recall, ES do saves the active APT and Rwy on exit.

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

yes, but whenever you change the control position (within the same profile) they will be resetted.

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

So you load a different Sectorfile?

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

nop.... profile, sector, every thing is the same. I just log with different atc position.

maybe I should load with a different profile, but very time I do I have problem with asr and sectors.

any solution?

Right now I do in this way:

If I log for example like LIMM_CTR then I will activate some airports' runways, then I make a copy of the file "profile.rwy"

Next time I will log with the same atc position I overwrite the file.rwy and I get the old active runways

In this way, I have many backups .rwy files as many as my act positios.

not really ortodox but it works....

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Giovanni,

Active airports and active RWYs are independent from each other. You can define what sector activates what airport. It must not affect the active RWY settings. It might be interesting to activate a RWY (due a LOA) even if the airport is outside your sectors.

That way your case should work if you have only one RWY file with all the RWYs activated as you like. Then define the active airports in the ESE file for the sectors. When you log in and the sectors are allocated the airports are activated automatically. It must not change the RWY activity that was loaded from RWY file. Advise me if this is not the case. Unfortunately there are no explicit rules on how the RWYs are activated, so you have to change them manually if the loaded settings are not valid for the current session.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted
Giovanni,

Active airports and active RWYs are independent from each other. You can define what sector activates what airport. It must not affect the active RWY settings. It might be interesting to activate a RWY (due a LOA) even if the airport is outside your sectors.

That way your case should work if you have only one RWY file with all the RWYs activated as you like. Then define the active airports in the ESE file for the sectors. When you log in and the sectors are allocated the airports are activated automatically. It must not change the RWY activity that was loaded from RWY file. Advise me if this is not the case. Unfortunately there are no explicit rules on how the RWYs are activated, so you have to change them manually if the loaded settings are not valid for the current session.

Hello sir and tnx for reply.

In fact file .rwy is unique. every time i dedice to log as ATC i import into the euroscope folder the file rwy I interested on. In that case I activate the rwy I used on the last session (with same ATC logging position)

I understood that file .rwy is just using binary code for active rwy and airport which 1 is the deprwy and 0 is the arr rwy.

If there is no other way...so lets work like this is not pretty hard.

Tnx again and let me tell you... you and your team made really a goooooood job.

• 2 weeks later...
Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

Another question about active airports...

...is it correct that even if my ESE has DEPAPT and ARRAPT for the sector I control, when connected those airports won't be active in the runway window?

Or is it a bug?

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

No, that's not correct. When you connect (and set your prime frequency), the airports set for the sector should become active.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted
No, that's not correct. When you connect (and set your prime frequency), the airports set for the sector should become active.

thx for the info, Let's look into it: These could be 2 possible reasons for this issue:

1) one airport is ARR/DEPAPT for more than one sector. Me online own both sectors, so maybe euroscope goes mad with apts ARR/DEPAPT selected more than 1 time?

2) probably one ARR/DEPAPT is not in the sectorfile?

If you could, please check in your ese if you have one of those cases...

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

hi Luca,

1) that shouldn't be a problem. That's a usual constellation with DEL/GND/TWR/APP sectors all have the same airport active. An active airport doesn't mean the controllers owns it, only sectors are "owned", so that shouldn't be a problem and is for example working fine in the EDGG sectorfile.

2) hm ... I don't know if that would have any effect, but is that the case in your SCT/ESE combination? If so, try adding the airport to the SCT.

I will send You a PM with my email adress, then you can send me the files to look into it, if You like.

Stephan Boerner

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

I think you need only to wait that the Profile has been totally loaded to set the active airports flagging the mark. Otherwise the list will became blank.

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

uhm...

I connect, I see the frequency auto set, I see the custom visibility center auto set, I see my owned sectors "light up" with the darker background...

I wait another 20 seconds....

...i wait...

...then I click on the Runway button...

but no airport on the list is selected.

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted (edited)

..... I edit this because if I should have read the file attached, i would not have had to write this

Edited by Guest

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

mmm..in your file you have given link...there is only one DEPAPT ARRAPT - LIMJ for the LIMJAPP1 sector. Is this correct?

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted
mmm..in your file you have given link...there is only one DEPAPT ARRAPT - LIMJ for the LIMJAPP1 sector. Is this correct?

well, yes. LIMJ_APP (id: MJA) controls the LIMJ control zone which has 3 zones (LIMJAPP1 LIMJAPP2 and LIMJAPP3) with different size and layers. considering that MJA owns all the 3 sections, I defined dep/arrapt only for the number 1 (which also starts from the ground).

@stephan: LIMM_CTR (MMN).

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

Luca,

DEPAPT and ARRAPT, as far as I understood, should be put into the section regarding the station you want to connect.

In your case, adding them only in LIMJAPP (whatever it is if 1, 2 or 3) and logging as LIMM_CTR will not permit to have your airport selected.

If you log in as LIMM_CTR, you have to put the DEPAPT and ARRAPT into that ESE section otherwise the airport/s will not become active.

Either put them into LIMM_N_CTR or log as LIMJAPP1 and they will pop up.

Ciao.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

No, that's not correct, now you are mixing up sector and station. They should be put into the relevant sectors, and as long as you log on as a controller controlling that sector, it should work. I haven't had time to test it yet, so I will get back to you later, maybe not before tomorrow, but on a first look, I haven't seen anything that was obviously wrong.

Stephan Boerner

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted
No, that's not correct, now you are mixing up sector and station. They should be put into the relevant sectors, and as long as you log on as a controller controlling that sector, it should work. I haven't had time to test it yet, so I will get back to you later, maybe not before tomorrow, but on a first look, I haven't seen anything that was obviously wrong.

you're right

reading throught his ESE:

SECTOR:LIMJAPP1_SECTOR:0:2000

OWNER:MJA:MMS:MMN

DEPAPT:LIMJ

ARRAPT:LIMJ

BORDER:LIMJAPP1

and

SECTOR:LIMMNORD_SECTOR:19500:46000

OWNER:MMN:MMS:EUS

BORDER:LSAS-LIMMN:LIPPN-LIMMN:LIMMN-LIMMS

In this case, I can think that because Luca has logged as MMN, and LIMJ airport hasn't became active, the scope activate the airport only if you log has first station owner (in this case has MJA)

Could be a reason??