You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

will my laptop be good with fs9

Anthony Belton-Ford 102141

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Combined with vista, and any anti virus software you are using, Using squawkbox is going to be hard.

I thought SB3 didn't work on Vista at all, so he'd have to use FSInn 1.3, right?

SB3 works fine with Vista. I have it installed on my machine.

Ok, I just remembered that wrong then, I thought FSInn 1.3 was required for either Vista or FSX, but apparently not (since I have Vista and FSX, I do need it).

FSInn is required for FSX, but no for Vista.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I run SB3 and FS9 perfectly on my Vista Home Premium, I dont see why everyone complains about it, its a fantastic OS, however a little Power hungry, I run with 2GB ram, and with only Firefix running only 788mb of that is available to me as physical memory.

Cheers

955672.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I run SB3 and FS9 perfectly on my Vista Home Premium, I dont see why everyone complains about it, its a fantastic OS, however a little Power hungry, I run with 2GB ram, and with only Firefix running only 788mb of that is available to me as physical memory.

Cheers

Vista is designed to use all the available memory in the system for performance. In Windows XP if you have lots of memory, you'll see a large amount of free memory based on the applications you're running. But with Vista, the system will look for some way it can utilize any memory in some performance capacity. Therefore if you'll almost never see a report of a significantly amount of free memory no matter how much you put into your machine.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!