You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

DELETE

Graeme Herbert 1013547

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted
Hello Everyone...

It is at no pleasure to myself that I have been contacted by the real RJA and they have asked for me to shutdown all VA operations. They seem to think that we make them look like a video game based airline and that it also makes them look childish. I do apologise to all involved with the starting and operating of the VA.

If anybody is interested in joining a VA I will be starting EVA Air Virtual in one month. I hope that this does not affect any respect you great guys had for me as a VPilot on VATSIM.

http://www.evav.co.nr

Regards,

Graeme Herbert

Unfortunately, such is the reality of the world of VAs who model themselves after real airlines.

Good luck in your new endeavor, however.

Signs your VA will be contacted by the real airline soon:

* You start receiving applications from flight attendants

* You receive booking requests from real customers or travel agents

* or you start receiving emails from real customers complaining.

In our (collectively and not singling out any VA) intent to promote our VA's, Google can expose your VA for all the world to see. With such detailed repaints available and VA's that simulate every aspect of an airline, it is no wonder that the RW airlines are being protective of their brand.

You did the right thing Graeme by abiding to the airline's request and I wish you luck on your future VA project.

And to the contrary, you know you've done a good job when your VA when you get those and you're a fictional VA! (Arabian gets'em all the time, well, everything but the complaints)!

Yeah, in Meridian Airlines VA (fictional) we get the emails too

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted
Hello Everyone...

It is at no pleasure to myself that I have been contacted by the real RJA and they have asked for me to shutdown all VA operations. They seem to think that we make them look like a video game based airline and that it also makes them look childish. I do apologise to all involved with the starting and operating of the VA.

Unfortunately, it also happened to the two largest mainland China VAs: a China Eastern one who got disbanded about two weeks ago and an Air China one who got disbanded mere days before the Beijing Olympic fly-in was held.

However, Royal Jordanian Virtual seems to be functional among the VAs who use the SimMiles system. Can one still try to apply for it?

And will EVA Air Virtual use SimMiles like RJA-VA before it?

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual

• 2 weeks later...
Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

Seems the end is soon for the Virtual National Flag Carrier of Egypt

Last week got a phone call on my cell from a Nice Female Voice asking about her ticket for EgyptAir Properly got the number from the Website when we were prearping for the Real Eftar Party or a real Meeting

Had to sweat to her it' not EgyptAir It's a private Number

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted

Last week got a phone call on my cell from a Nice Female Voice asking about her ticket for EgyptAir Properly got the number from the Website when we were prearping for the Real Eftar Party or a real Meeting

Hahaha oh my.

I would suggest putting in big red Arabic and English Letters on the VA's front page something along the lines of: NOT REALLY EGYPT AIR, or in Arabic, "roo7 3ala egyptair.com 3shanhum arkhas!" That always works.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

Hahaha oh my.

I would suggest putting in big red Arabic and English Letters on the VA's front page something along the lines of: NOT REALLY EGYPT AIR, or in Arabic, "roo7 3ala egyptair.com 3shanhum arkhas!" That always works.

LOL

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

• 2 weeks later...
Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

But if the woman is not among the real-world EgyptAir staff, then the real-world EgyptAir staff seems to appreciate the free advertising.

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual