You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Active Canadian VA's

David Voogd 857885

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Which is quite good.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

Tom et al., don't know if Brian still comes in here. I'll try and get a hold of him - I know he was trying to get it going again, even heard from "hoser." I'll let you know.

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

ah the Hoser,been years since I've seen that fellow!

give my regards to that guy please.

f1cert.gif

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
Tom et al., don't know if Brian still comes in here. I'll try and get a hold of him - I know he was trying to get it going again, even heard from "hoser." I'll let you know.

I replied to his post from further up the page just a few posts ago, in this thread. Definitely seems around, to me.

8942.png

• 2 months later...
Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

• 1 year later...
Yvan Duong 1043156
Posted
Posted

Personally, I don't get along with VA under CAT Free, there's simply nothing for me to accomplish flying online. I find it difficult to see a new pilot fly a transatlantic flight on its first [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment with no clue on how to file an IFR flight plan nor knowing the basics first.

Seriously I do hope vacanada will ressurect or some other Air Canada VA stepping up.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1043156.jpg

Banner_MJC5.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Yvan Duong,

If you are looking for a Canadian based virtual airline to fly for, check out Canadian Virtual at www.canadianva.com. CVA better known as Canadian Virtual Airline is now in 16th year of operations!!!

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

Personally, I don't get along with VA under CAT Free, there's simply nothing for me to accomplish flying online. I find it difficult to see a new pilot fly a transatlantic flight on its first [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment with no clue on how to file an IFR flight plan nor knowing the basics first.

Seriously I do hope vacanada will ressurect or some other Air Canada VA stepping up.

Yeah they will, and then we can all join and fly countless hours so we can show our friends how we worked our butts off just to achieve the seat of a 777. Why? Because we are better than everyone else to fly the 777 because we earned it. That may be how it's done in the real world, but this is a simulator. Unfortunately, many Canadian VA's operate this way so I would suggest trying another area to fly in that flies to Canadian destinations

6078501976_546409509a_o.png

Yvan Duong 1043156
Posted
Posted

Yeah they will, and then we can all join and fly countless hours so we can show our friends how we worked our butts off just to achieve the seat of a 777. Why? Because we are better than everyone else to fly the 777 because we earned it. That may be how it's done in the real world, but this is a simulator. Unfortunately, many Canadian VA's operate this way so I would suggest trying another area to fly in that flies to Canadian destinations

Unable, my mind is still set for Air Canada.

It is true that this is only a simulator, but VATSIM is designed to reflect real world as much as possible isn't it?

Unfortunately, the word "simulator" has been used countless times as one excuse of the flaws of Virtual vs Reality.

I'm simply asking a return of a great, or new, realistic Air Canada VA, and no thank you, I am not looking for a substitute VA that flies to/from Canada.

Simply, proud to be Canadian

1043156.jpg

Banner_MJC5.png

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

It is true that this is only a simulator, but VATSIM is designed to reflect real world as much as possible isn't it?

Oh I agree 100% with you there. To an extent, it is annoying when you see CYYZ-EGLL filed Direct at 5000 feet and such, but also remember that the VA pilot can also fly offline, and we (as well as other airlines) offer all aircraft to pilots so they don't feel that they can only fly one particular aircraft. I wouldn't necessarily call it a flaw, since we can make VATSIM 100% realistic, but I would agree with you when you say it should be realistic within means. Sorry if I sounded angry in the last post, long week haha!

Yvan Duong 1043156
Posted
Posted

no worries. I got my exam week coming up, long way to go ahead of me sigh lol...

1043156.jpg

Banner_MJC5.png

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

David V. Nice to hear from you, been a while. I can tell you controlling in Toronto I see a lot of Canadian Express, CVA, Air Canada & Westjet but honestly not sure if the last two are VA members or just random pilots flying those obviously popular Canadian callsigns.

847924.png

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted
David V. Nice to hear from you, been a while. I can tell you controlling in Toronto I see a lot of Canadian Express, CVA, Air Canada & Westjet but honestly not sure if the last two are VA members or just random pilots flying those obviously popular Canadian callsigns.

A majority of pilots that fly under ACA/WJA do not fly for any affiliated VA, in my experience.

Tim Hobin 1084425
Posted
Posted

Canadian Arctic Virtual is also available and flies scheds of Canadian North, First Air and Air north along with North-Wright and Air Tindi.

http://www.canadianarcticvirtual.net/index.php/

Also flies Caribbean and Northern boarder areas of the US.

vafs_status.php?cs=MPE001&clr=255,190,1&w=0

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

You could take a look at flyingtigers.org. They cover both Westjet and Air Canada. Decent ACARS system in place as well.

847924.png