You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Project Eastern Wind - second thread

William Woo 810764

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Woo,

Not that I am criticizing the website design at all but I do feel necessary to display that banner in the original size.

Compressed form in the VATASIA event page makes it look distroted and hard to read.

Thank you.

I will also try to make information page template tonight for all three divisions so you guys can just punch in the letters and numbers.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jewon Lee 909227

• William Woo 810764

• Ming Lee 811204

• Gary Law 842041

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jewon Lee 909227

Jewon Lee 909227 28 posts

• William Woo 810764

William Woo 810764 13 posts

• Ming Lee 811204

Ming Lee 811204 10 posts

• Gary Law 842041

Gary Law 842041 5 posts

Popular Days

• Jul 25 2005

8 posts

• Jul 22 2005

7 posts

• Jul 27 2005

6 posts

• Jul 21 2005

4 posts

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted
Mr. Woo,

Not that I am criticizing the website design at all but I do feel necessary to display that banner in the original size.

Compressed form in the VATASIA event page makes it look distroted and hard to read.

I am sorry but the original banner is just too big for it. It must be resized to fit into page.

Unless you can send me a resized logo with appropriate resolution and size of 380x100 pixel, I have no choice but stick to the compressed logo.

The logo is just a symbolic link, I don't expect one can read all the detail just from the banner.

Cheers,

William

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. William Woo,

I will actually try to build the entire website by myself if you are short handed for now.

For the logo issue, I do understand you must keep that in compressed form, however, i will try to build a website that does not require compressed form yet fulfill the all necessary information and contents.

I will put it up in my private server let you guys see it before we upload it.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Jewon,

That's fine. The current one can be a temparary one.

If your's are ready, just let me know. However, time is running short, we have to provide information as soon as possible.

Regards,

William

William Woo

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. William Woo and all other VATASIA staff members planning this event,

Please visit http://fosho.ntcast.com/eastwind/main.htm

this is a partially done website. It only has the main page and KOREA section.

What I want from Mr. Yamane, Mr. Gary Law, Mr. Ming Lee or whomever in charge of his/her divison is simple.

Click "KOREA" link... review all the information that I listed. Then write a txt file containing required information fitted for your division.

As you see, 1. Airport Information, 2. Preferred Routes, 3. Chart Locations, 4. NOTAM are four most important and must-be-threre information.

Write it down. send it to me now. I setup the template for now so building the page for three other FIRs shouldn't be too long. Let's get this done no later than next week tuesday or so.

Best Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Ming Lee 811204
Posted
Posted

VATROC part is under construction!!

I think I can provide you in 1-2 days.

Can you give me all your mail adresses?

14adfb05938657.jpg

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Ming Lee,

look at the link I provided from my last post and give me all the matching information for Taiwan.

If you want to add additional sections, that's fine. just let me know what you need to include and give me an exact text to put in.

I'll copy and paste that text for Taiwan page.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Ming Lee 811204
Posted
Posted

VATROC information page is waiting for CHART linking. Others have been done.

I will send you a ZIP file which contains html and concerned jpg files.

14adfb05938657.jpg

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Ming Lee,

please be advised that RCTP FIR information does not have to be in html format. You can just see the link that I provided and give me all the informatino in text format so i can convert it to preset html docomeent.

I advise you to contact Mr. Woo about uploading stuff. I don't know if he's gonna nominate my page as a mainpage yet.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Ming Lee 811204
Posted
Posted

Jewon, You'll see it soon.

I follow the EVENT page format and edit information about VATROC.

Our procedures are more complex than you are because there are RVSM and also transit flights in our FIR.

So I hope our page can provide pilots detail information.

I will send it to you or william, and just upload to VAT-ASIA's event page.

14adfb05938657.jpg

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Ming Lee,

thank you very much. I just wanted to make sure that everyone is following the preset format somehow.

Mr. Gary Law and Yamane,

I hope you guys are setting up the page also for your FIR(s).

Let me know the prgress made.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Jewon,

You don't need to worry about the uploading of files. Just set up the pages on you own server. I will check and setup appropriate link and re-direction as necessary for the vatasia pages. If you check it, you can see that the vatasia event pages already up and redirected to your pages.

Ming, Gary and Yamane,

Please send your information or html pages to Jewon. He will post it up for you.

Then I will set up the link to various pages accordingly.

Regards,

William

William Woo

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. William Woo,

Thank you but i strongly suggest you direct the page in a new blank one "_blank" so people can view the website as it inteded to be. One on the VATASIA is too distorted and off-balanced due to the side menu bar.

If you feel the necessity to have VATASIA logo up front also, I'll put one. But I strongly believe that the website should be viewed in a original format.

Mr. Yamane and Law,

You guys need to contact me NOW.

I need to hear about the progress been made so far.

Best Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted
Mr. William Woo,

Thank you but i strongly suggest you direct the page in a new blank one "_blank" so people can view the website as it inteded to be. One on the VATASIA is too distorted and off-balanced due to the side menu bar.

If you feel the necessity to have VATASIA logo up front also, I'll put one. But I strongly believe that the website should be viewed in a original format.

It depends on what resolution. The current one is more suitable with 1024x768. The one without the left side menu may be more appropriate with 800x600 or less.

Your version will have lots of empty space on the right side if I view it with higher resolution.

Yes, there must be the VATASIA logo on the main page. it is a VATASIA event.

I have already put up the information for HK

Regards,

William

William Woo

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. William Woo,

That was the whole point. Even though it is hard enough to see people using 800x600 resolution, I had to put them into the consideration. If you want, I will put probably 50px-100px wide empty space on the left to make it easier to view.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Woo,

As you indicated, I added a VATASIA logo up front on the very first page. I gave 30 pixel blank space on the left side for better viewing. Also, I added VATROC and HKG FIR information pages. I just need VATJPN one... right now.

Also, Mr. Woo, as I said before, I strongly request the information website (http://fosho.ntcast.com/eastwind/main.htm) as it was designed originally by displaying it on the new window ("_blank"). The one on the VATASIA is in my opinion, distorted too much with unproportional framing and irregular pattern of font and graphic use.

Please Visit:

http://fosho.ntcast.com/eastwind/main.htm

Mr. Yamane,

You need to contact me now regarding information page or I will create one regardless of VATJPN's opinion. It may act against VATJPN during the event so it is best if you contact me now even if you don't have the page ready.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Keisuke Yamane
Posted
Posted

Mr. Jewon Lee

The material of Japan is sent.

I'm sorry that it is busy, and the reaction is late recently.

The controller was able to arrange 

(All controllers are controller rating or more)

My best regards.

Yamane,Keisuke /811527

VATJPN1offline.gif

http://www.youtube.com/user/VATJPN

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Yamane,

Send me a copy of your FIR(s) information to me also. The address is [email protected]

thanks.

-------------------

Mr. Yamane,

this is confirmation edit that I have received your information and it will be uploaded soon.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am happy to announce that our website is finally done.

Visit: http://fosho.ntcast.com/eastwind/main.htm

However, there is one more thing to addon. All divisions and HKG FIR please provide me with your division airport(s) official addon scenery file(s). Tell me the result in 2-3 days. I will add that on to the website.

Mr. William Woo,

Thank you for accepting my request. I will be notifying all VATSIM staff to put this event up on the first page of VATSIM.net site. I will also try to put this on the VATSIM calendar also. However, Mr William Woo, you as VATSIM-Asia's Regional Director, please pursue VATSIM governors to put this event on the front page VATSIM.net website with me. I am only little VATKOR8 to them

Let's have a successful event we hope.

Also, all VATASIA members please spread the word to all VATSIM pilots regarding this event. More pilots, the better.

Best Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am happy to announce that our website is finally done.

Visit: http://fosho.ntcast.com/eastwind/main.htm

However, there is one more thing to addon. All divisions and HKG FIR please provide me with your division airport(s) official addon scenery file(s). Tell me the result in 2-3 days. I will add that on to the website.

Mr. William Woo,

Thank you for accepting my request. I will be notifying all VATSIM staff to put this event up on the first page of VATSIM.net site. I will also try to put this on the VATSIM calendar also. However, Mr William Woo, you as VATSIM-Asia's Regional Director, please pursue VATSIM governors to put this event on the front page VATSIM.net website with me. I am only little VATKOR8 to them

Let's have a successful event we hope.

Also, all VATASIA members please spread the word to all VATSIM pilots regarding this event. More pilots, the better.

Best Regards,

Jewon,

Well done! I haev redirected the event page to your server. Would you mind package all the files after the event and send to me? It is for recording purpose and I will store this in the main website.

About the advertisiment, surely I will send a NOTAM to vatsim website administrator soon. In fact, I have announce this in the Executive meeting held eailier this morning. All the regional director should know this. The EC chairman and Oceania director are very positive and willing to help spreading the news. I have sent out invitation to all region all region eailier this morning too.

Regards,

William Woo

William Woo

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Woo, thank you.

Just remind you that I also submitted the NOTAM request but your redundant request would most likely strengthen the possibility.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

The NOTAM has been received and sent to the VATSIM Webmaster to be posted.

RJ

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Jenkins,

Thank you very much for your support sir.

Best Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. M Lee, K Yamane, G Law, and W Woo,

I am trying to keep organized.

Regardless you gave me the links on the MSN messenger or Email, Please re-post your direct download URLs here (yes, on this forum) that directs to the airport(s) scenery file(s). I cannot keep track of all the URLs that i have received before.

Also, if you guys have special STAR or SID library file for PMDG, PSS, and other commerical addon flight model FMCs, please post those download URLs here also please.

Thank you for your cooperation and quick response is expected.

After gathering all info, i will add on the donwload section on the event website right away.

Cheers,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Gary Law 842041
Posted
Posted

Mr. Lee,

The best scenery for Hong Kong CLK International Airport in my point of view

should be the one from Mr. Thomas Kwong

The link: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=56844

And the PSS and PMDG SID and STAR could be found in NAVDATA:

The link: http://www.navdata.at

Note: The SID route of the latest version of Hong Kong Intl PMDG SID/STAR file is changed into the new RNAV SIDs

Which is different with the conventional route....

The route for them will be revised as follows:

OCEAN1A/1B--->OCEAN2A/2B

OCEAN1E/1F--->R[Mod - Happy Thoughts]E2A/2B

But other flight should use the conventional old SID route as usual.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Gary Law

Controller 3 in Hong Kong FIR

Regards,

Gary Law

Hong Kong VACC Chief , VATSEA