You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS or Current Runways in Use

Gerry Hattendorf 935415

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

It all depends on the procedure itself... If it's valid for all runways (i.e the Miami 9 DP) it should display right away. In case the procedure is exclusive for a runway you'll need to select the runway first (i.e choose rwy17 for NAVAR2 or 35 for RIBLA2 when arriving into SCEL from the East)

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Pablo Norambuena 857610
Posted
Posted
The PMDG 737 is the same way. At some fields, it won't show you any choices for STARs until you choose a runway. Same with DPs, I believe.

it depends how that SID and STAR were made for the database. If some of the SIDs and STARs were made stricly to be used for a runway, then that would be correct, if not, then you can select the SID and/or STAR right away, and later select a runway.

Pablo Norambuena

AAC/ZAU/ZAK

2610.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Right, obviously it only applies to STARs and DPs that are runway specific.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 weeks later...
Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

Well, I control at Las Vegas APP for the most part and use ATISmaker. Like Marc said above, most APP controllers out in ZLA don't use it due to most working SOCAL and therefore work many airports under that umbrella. I however have only one major airport and as such, when I control I put the RWY is use via ATISmaker.

Eric