You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Announces the Winner of the 1st Convention...

Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

logo.jpg

Congrats Chicago!

Thanks to all those that made their opinion known! Look for news on this forum in the next day or two for the logo contest or you can visit www.vatusaconvention.com

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

I appreciate what y'all are doing, but I refuse to spend my money in any city who's mayor enjoys bulldozing landmark airports in the middle of the night.

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted
but I refuse to spend my money in any city who's mayor enjoys bulldozing landmark airports in the middle of the night.

Can you say over and done with? Yes it was a great airport, I hear there is one in Toronto that is similar.. but whats done is done, right or wrong its not going to be rebuilt

Nick

Harv Stein
Posted
Posted

Will a Canadian and his wife be welcome to attend the VATUSA convention? Chicago Chop House, here we come. Harv.

Harv Stein

Founding Member - VATSIM

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
I appreciate what y'all are doing, but I refuse to spend my money in any city who's mayor enjoys bulldozing landmark airports in the middle of the night.

then you'll be happy to know that the Mayor of the city was just fined HEAVILY by the feds for doing what he did. Even more so, he spent over $2 million of the FAA's money in doing so, which is going to get him, his office, and the entire city fined even more, as well as numerous lawsuits. See http://www.friendsofmeigs.org for info on that.

I'd consider him rather out for seeking office when his term is up.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

Harv... if attend then I can save the $50 shipping for that cube of Pepsi and give it to you in person!

Nick

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

then you'll be happy to know that the Mayor of the city was just fined HEAVILY by the feds for doing what he did. Even more so, he spent over $2 million of the FAA's money in doing so, which is going to get him, his office, and the entire city fined even more, as well as numerous lawsuits. See http://www.friendsofmeigs.org for info on that.

I'd consider him rather out for seeking office when his term is up.

BL.

hehe...I wouldn't call $33,000 heavily, especially when its the taxpayer's money. I'll drop it, just wanted to make the point above. And heck, Daly's gotten away with much much worse, and yet still gets re-elected. Either its m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive voter fraud, or Chicagoans deserve every minute of him.

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted

Make sure to read the article though...it also says he used 2.5 million of funds from the FAA to destroy Meigs...which is a huge no-no, and could carry fines three times the 2.5 million dollar figure.

Daly's a chucklehead anyway (could call him worse, but didn't want the filters to grab it).

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Maybe we can all go fly RC's on the ole Miegs runway in March... LOL

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

Just wondering, where can we sign up for the convention?

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
Just wondering, where can we sign up for the convention?

We only just figured out what city it will be in. Now the real planing begins. More details will be provided when they become available, including this.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted
Will a Canadian and his wife be welcome to attend the VATUSA convention? Chicago Chop House, here we come. Harv.

Dont read the Forums, "olde five?"

Sweet! Im taking Amtrak over harv, drive to Port Huron and hop the train for $23 a person

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Looking for those logos folks! Join in on the competition today!!!! Visit www.vatusaconvention.com

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

No offense, but that's got to be the first convention scheduled for Chicago in March. You realize that nicknames given to cities have an element of truth behind them?

Cheers!

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
No offense, but that's got to be the first convention scheduled for Chicago in March. You realize that nicknames given to cities have an element of truth behind them?

Cheers!

WHEW, luckily it's not a outside convention... You are scared of a bit of snow are ya?

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Jeff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Oh come on, by the end of March it's practically HOT outside....well, at least it's shorts and t-shirt weather.....

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/climate/marnorms-ord.html

If we really want to have some winter fun, let's go in Jan! When the North Wind REALLY makes the wind chill seem silly.

Jeff

Jeff Thomas

VP-IT

https://joinava.org

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Yeah really. Chicago end of March? If you can't handle that, you better stay inside for life.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Yeah really. Chicago end of March? If you can't handle that, you better stay inside for life.

Speak for yourself. I can't handle anything below 60 degrees nowadays. If I liked snow and declaraing a national holiday if it broached 50 degrees in March, I'd still be living in Canada.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Neal Glassett 843825
Posted
Posted

Did Bakersfield come in at a close 2nd?????

Neal

UNI725

www.uniair.org

Neal Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ett

UNI725

www.uniair.org

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

LOL Luke...

Wimp! LOL

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

i dont mind the snow and cold weather its just the idea i have to take the school day off.

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

It's a Friday, Saturday & Sunday. If I were a bett'n man, I'd say it will not start Friday until the evening.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

i know thats the good thing, ill still go but its just the fact of taking the day off, like i said before, i was taking the train to chicago that takes about...uhh 4-5 hours so i think i will either stay home or get out of school early...

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Shouldn't it be spring break around then?

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

I sent a few emails. I haven't gotten any responses. I would like to start helping in the organization of this convention

Nick