CountDown - New ES Plug-In - Released

Ah, one more request: currently the plugin searches for "reminder.wav" in the subfolder \sounds\ in the main directory of Euroscope. Me and others have placed all these files (sounds, profiles, sector files, ESEs etc.) into the "my files" directory. Any chance to make the plugin more flexible on this so we can put the WAVE-file into the other folder with all the sounds of ES?

Just a side-question:

Why would you seperate departing from approaching traffic by wakes?

At the point where the departing gets vulnerable for wakes (mid of runway, after rotating), the arriving has touched down the nose wheel (first third of runway), so the wakes are not a threat to the following aircraft.

Wake time seperation, in my imagination, only makes sense for departing/departing.

For arriving traffic, distance separation is provided (M-3nm-M, H-5nm-M etc.).

Departing to arriving traffic is separated by means of "runway separation" only, as far as I am informed.

RealOPS2011-sig.jpg
Well do Philip ..

Don't wprry Craig sorted me out last night. It was a case to actually reading the instructions rather thinking I've read them. Craig and I go back a long way and I'm used to "breaking/testing" his software.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

When you load the plugin the CountDown tool will not display straight away (by default it is hidden). You have to type .fcd show [ENTER] to show the CountDown tool. Do you guys think that I should have the tool show by default, then hide it from windows you dont want it on?

Craig Phillips

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

I have installed E/S in c:\Euroscope and have all sounds in c:\Euroscope\Sounds. I copied the dll in the first dir and the wav in the second dir. When attmpting to load the plugin from within E/S, I get "Failed to load plugin DLL: c:\Euroscope\CountDown.dll".

Any ideas?

George Papafilis

• 2 months later...
George,

Download the dependency walker program (depends.exe from http://dependencywalker.com/). Open the c:\Euroscope\CountDown.dll with it. The you will get a complete list of what other DLLs are necessary for loading it. Also the not found ones will be highlighted.

I have the same "Failed to load plugin DLL" error and have correctly placed the countdown in the main euroscope folder and placed the reminder wav in the sounds folder

I have downloaded the dependecy walker program and run the .dll file

It states

----------------

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program files\csernakgergely\euroscope\COUNTDOWN.DLL" contains errors. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail (14001).

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

------------------

It also highlights that a

MFC90.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2)

MSVCR90.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2)

IESHIMS.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2)

The above 3 dll files do not appear in my C: Windows System 32 folder

Not being technically minded, what do I do now to correct it all to get the countdown file to load????

If I have to input the above three dll files into the system 32 folder where do I get them from??

EGKK ADC

EGLC ADC

Todor thanks for you help

I have found the listed .dll files on the web and have placed them into the Euroscope folder where the euroscope.exe is (along with the other .dll files that were already present)

However when trying to load the countdown.dll I am still faced with the same error. I have also placed the above 3 .dll files in the system32 folder just in case but still the same error occurs

So I have re-used Dependency Walker to check the countdown.dll file

It now says

-----------------------

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program files\csernakgergely\euroscope\COUNTDOWN.DLL" contains errors. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail (14001).

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

----------------------

In the event log it states under the function heading

[email protected]@YAXXZ

[email protected]@[email protected]@@@Z

I have looked up these funtions on the external help (right clicking them) but no help is found on the web

On the plus side the Dependency walker doesn't seem to suggest I require any further .dll files

Any one have any other ideas what the above means or what I now need to do to correct this problem.

I know many people have downloaded this tool and it works but others have had similar problems as me

EGKK ADC

EGLC ADC

Then maybe Craig Philips should update the installation instructions, with a link to the necessary C++ library redistributable. The thing is, the plugin works as is for most users. My configuration is Win XP Pro SP2 x86. Maybe the redistributable is necessary only for "older" operating systems like mine...