Real-world traffic in ES?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this topic, but I managed to get IRL traffic in Euroscope working using the Opensky Network. How it works and the source code can be found on the git

Posted Images

I uploaded a trial version of the program to http://www.euroscope.hu/sbstofsdproxy/SBStoFSDproxy.zip. It is actually a very lightweight FSD server. You can connect to it with EuroScope. It supports multiple connections therefore you can share your SBS-1 traffic. It also supports private chats, but no more functions.

When started you can connect it to the SBS-1 TCP/IP socket by defining the server and the port. It displays all the incoming data in the list and also sends the data as plane position to EuroScope clients. It has a built in error recovery to be able to interpret the non complete lines from SBS-1.

If it has data about a plane then it moves it in every 5 seconds (to be conform with FSD) to the last known direction with the last known GS. When a real coordinate is received then an IDENT is sent. In this way you will know what is simulated and what is real.

In the packet you can find some data files:

- icao24.txt - is a list of the ICAO hexident and plane registration numbers (there are 7818 records so far)

- aircrafts.txt - is a list of registered aircraft based on their registration number (161868 records so far)

- flightplans.txt - is a list of flight plans (19024 records so far)

You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start.

Just try it and have some fun.

p.s. You may send notes on it to here, but it is not a fully supported program. Just use as it is.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Yes, that is what I tried to suggest by "You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start." Copy the following files to the EXE folder:

mfc80.dll

mfc80u.dll

mfcm80.dll

mfcm80u.dll

MFCMIFC80.dll

Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest

Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest

msvcm80.dll

msvcp80.dll

msvcr80.dll

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do I understand correctly that one must own a SBS/Radarbox for this to work?

Or it is possible to get it to work with flightradar24.com's data?

If needed, I can get in touch with flightradar24 admins, as I am a little bit of "involved" person

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

• 1 month later...

I just contacted the FR24's admins on this topic and got some not very good news. Some of the feeders have only given permission to use the data on FR24 website, so this would be a violation of that agreement, and so some areas should be filtered out. And on the other hand, they have a very long to-do list and most likely we won't see any export from FR24 until at least August, even in filtered form. Sure I would love to see the permissions to be changed to include Euroscope users, but that's beyound my reach.

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

I just contacted the FR24's admins on this topic and got some not very good news. Some of the feeders have only given permission to use the data on FR24 website, so this would be a violation of that agreement, and so some areas should be filtered out. And on the other hand, they have a very long to-do list and most likely we won't see any export from FR24 until at least August, even in filtered form. Sure I would love to see the permissions to be changed to include Euroscope users, but that's beyound my reach.

I think that you need to create a network in Euroscope. Developers Euroscope, thank you, that you have created a plugin for users of SBS / Radarbox. I hope that this project will be further implemented.