Real-world traffic in ES?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this topic, but I managed to get IRL traffic in Euroscope working using the Opensky Network. How it works and the source code can be found on the git

Posted Images

Probably the easiest would be if I add the multiple receiver connect support for SBStoFSDProxy .

But you meantime you can create a very small proxy that does the same. Connect to any number of SBS server and offer a port where SBStoFSDProxy cna be connected to. Just push all the data you receive from the stations to my proxy. I guess it should work.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would really like to be able to do this myself. As I am able to receive the full Australian TAAATS feed raw data from Air Services Australia (maybe delayed by 5 min), I would really like to have it displayed on ES. Is there a way for us to develop a plugin such that it is able to be just read in like VATSIM data?

I've kinda had a read of the previous posts, but didn't quite understand how it was done...

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

• 3 weeks later...
I do not know if there is a free public data feed or not. I do not have access to any unfortunately.

I only need a port that can be opened and receives the data in the right format. You do need to write a plug-in or so. Just create a proxy or a direct access to the data feed.

What I was talking about was by no means freely available, I don't currently have the feed, but when I have signed the NDA, I should do. From others who had signed the NDA, they said the original data cannot be distributed or even shown to people without the NDA, but the processed data should be fine. Exactly how much of that is right (if any) would have to be verified once I sign the NDA.

I think I may dig into this a bit further, it would be interesting to see how it goes!

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is the update rate of the aircraft tags when a radarbox is connected to Euroscope? Is there any delay from the reciever to what you see in Euroscope?

@Sergei; I guess that is due to some incompatiblity in the plugin you are using. Try to unload it and see if that helps.

Anyone know how I can send shared PlanePlotter output-data to SBStoFSDproxy so I can see it in ES? If possible?

@Sergei; Not sure, but you can disable the plugin completely by opening "OTHER SET > Plug-ins" and move the "Standard ES radar screen" to the "Forbidden to draw on types" field.

Thanks, I tried to do what you show on the screenshots, except from that I use the input source "UDP/IP data from net". I can see the aircrafts (only shared traffic) moving in PP, SBStoFSDproxy connects sucessfully on 127.0.0.1 and port 30003 but I don't get any data in SBStoFSDproxy. ES connects fine to 127.0.0.1 and I get the SBStoFSDproxy welcome message in ES, but no traffic shows up.

Is the problem that I will need a ADS-B reciever connected, or should it also work with the "UDP/IP data from net" input source?

Btw, I'm planning to buy a microADSB-USB receiver once there's one available. Anyone have experience with these receivers?

• 2 weeks later...