You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Real-world traffic in ES?

Even Rognlien

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Thanks again! I found an updated basestation file, but it didn't help for the shared data in PP to be recognised in SBStoFSDproxy.. Btw I got a microADSB today and connected it to PP, and now SBStoFDSproxy picks up data. Maybe the shared PP data is in a different format than the data coming directly from the mode-s recievers?

Btw, how can I share my SBS-FSD data with a friend that does not own a mode-s reciever? Is it enough to give him my IP and port in SBStoFSDproxy so he can connect to it in ES?

Best regards,

Even

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergei Germanenko 987355

• Even Rognlien

• Gergely Csernak

• Miguel Durao 1189342

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergei Germanenko 987355

Sergei Germanenko 987355 22 posts

• Even Rognlien

Even Rognlien 21 posts

• Gergely Csernak

Gergely Csernak 11 posts

• Miguel Durao 1189342

Miguel Durao 1189342 4 posts

Popular Days

• Feb 17 2010

5 posts

• Feb 10 2012

5 posts

• Feb 13 2012

4 posts

• Jan 26 2023

3 posts

Popular Posts

Anton Leagre

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this topic, but I managed to get IRL traffic in Euroscope working using the Opensky Network. How it works and the source code can be found on the git

Posted Images

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Thanks again! I found an updated basestation file, but it didn't help for the shared data in PP to be recognised in SBStoFSDproxy.. Btw I got a microADSB today and connected it to PP, and now SBStoFDSproxy picks up data. Maybe the shared PP data is in a different format than the data coming directly from the mode-s recievers?

Btw, how can I share my SBS-FSD data with a friend that does not own a mode-s reciever? Is it enough to give him my IP and port in SBStoFSDproxy so he can connect to it in ES?

Best regards,

Even

Yes.

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Nice!

But I have a problem. SBStoFSDproxy is not recieving any coordinates, only hex, callsign, heading, gs, alt and squawk, while I can see the aircraft in PlanePlotter. I'm using the microADSB receiver.

SBStoFSDproxy.jpg

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted

Miguel Durao 1189342
Posted
Posted

My SBStoFSD doesn't show the coordinates either...

In the "debug" line, sometimes, they appear, but never in the aircraft list.

Just like the screenshot posted above!

Switching the dip-switch didn't make any result either.

Any clue, tip?

Thanks in advance,

miguel

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Yep, same problem as Miguel here...

Miguel Durao 1189342
Posted
Posted

Instead of working with planeplotter, i've tryed adsbscope v2.5 and v2.4.

With v2.5 of adsbscope, the problem is the same as with planeplotter: no lat/lon in the proxy.

With v2.4 of adsbscope, the lat/lon problem goes away and I have my aircraft list filled up with everything.

The difference between both versions is:

v2.5: the latitude shows up like -16º (west)

v2.4: the latitude shows up like 344º

Now I have a new problem, in Euroscope, if I zoom out, I can see the planes plotted in 344º longitudes... but my map for the region is in -16º longitudes...

Sorry about the [Mod - lovely stuff]py english, hope you understand what is happening and can help me somehow resolve this situation.

Cheers,

Miguel

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much Sergei!

I downloaded the software you linked to (http://forum.adsbradar.ru/downloads.php?do=file&id=74), (remember to follow the english manual: http://adsbradar.ru/adsbscope-ic7k-quick-manual-english), connected it to ES via the PlanePlotter server function, and it's working great now! NICE

ES3.png

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted

adsbsope in this version it is possible to directly connect Euroscope

Miguel Durao 1189342
Posted
Posted

Very good extension of the adsbscope, I'm already a fan and using it!

But my problem still persists in Euroscope.

I think the "bug" is in Euroscope because of my location.

I'm @ 33º4N,16º20W, meaning: 33.4,-16.20.

The adsbscope software sends my longitude coords as 344,20º instead of -16,20º.

Euroscope instead of doing the simple math of 360º-344,20º to display the aircraft, draws the aircrafts @ 344º.

When I zoom out, my sector files are in one place and the aircrafts are draw to the far right of the screen.

Thanks anyway for pointing me the extension of adsbscope!

Miguel

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Have you set your location coordinates in adsbscope? Maybe that will fix it?

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

@Sergei: When I try to start the FSD server with ADSBscope I get an error saying: "Some FSD TCP socket error..." Is there any significant settings that must be set before I can start the FSD server in ADSBScope?

New topic;

Have asked about it before, but I'm really not sure if I understand it correctly How can other people connect to my SBStoFSDproxy and see the same traffic as me? I am currently using SBStoFSDproxy locally on my computer between my microADSB receiver and Euroscope, but I'm interested in sharing my data with some of my friends that doesn't own a ADS-B receiver. How? What to put in the fields in SBStoFSDproxy? What IP and ports shall I give to my firends? How will they connect to my IP, in ES or SBStoFSDproxy? And do I need to forward any ports?

Thanks..

Even

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted
@Sergei: When I try to start the FSD server with ADSBscope I get an error saying: "Some FSD TCP socket error..." Is there any significant settings that must be set before I can start the FSD server in ADSBScope?

New topic;

Have asked about it before, but I'm really not sure if I understand it correctly How can other people connect to my SBStoFSDproxy and see the same traffic as me? I am currently using SBStoFSDproxy locally on my computer between my microADSB receiver and Euroscope, but I'm interested in sharing my data with some of my friends that doesn't own a ADS-B receiver. How? What to put in the fields in SBStoFSDproxy? What IP and ports shall I give to my firends? How will they connect to my IP, in ES or SBStoFSDproxy? And do I need to forward any ports?

Thanks..

Even

You should give the friends the ip static, and port 30003

With ADSBscope I do not work, for me other ADS-B receiver, address on a forum

Users ADSBscope, www.adsbradar.ru in an English-speaking forum, I hope to you help

Miguel Durao 1189342
Posted
Posted
Have you set your location coordinates in adsbscope? Maybe that will fix it?

Unfortunely, didn't work. :\

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

I brought the microADSB and a laptop to Oslo Airport Gardermoen (ENGM) today and made a short time-lapse:

It's working great, but I experienced today that it often lost contact with the aircrafts on final approach. I could see them clearly from where I was standing, but on the radar (both ES and in PP) they just leveled off at around 2000-2500 feet and overflew the runway. Any idea of what the reason could be? Maybe it is my antenna (standard kit-antenna)?

And yes, when I was standing at the airport SBStoFSDproxy did actually work with PlanePlotter too! But it is not as fast as ADSBScope to update positions. The reason I had to use PP today was that ADSBScope was a bit too heavy for my old laptop when there was so much traffic

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

I have the data-sharing in SBStoFSDproxy working now. I had to forward port 30003 on my router.

• 1 year later...
Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

A stream is up and running now! Simply connect as an observer to engm-atc.zapto.org and watch live traffic from southern Norway ++!

nb9n34.png

Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted

Working great, thanks Even.

Vatsim network supervisor

VATeud I1/VATeir local examiner.

• 3 months later...
Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

engm-atc.zapto.org is back after some downtime

• 1 year later...
Zhi Peng Guo 1210459
Posted
Posted
I uploaded a trial version of the program to http://www.euroscope.hu/sbstofsdproxy/SBStoFSDproxy.zip. It is actually a very lightweight FSD server. You can connect to it with EuroScope. It supports multiple connections therefore you can share your SBS-1 traffic. It also supports private chats, but no more functions.

When started you can connect it to the SBS-1 TCP/IP socket by defining the server and the port. It displays all the incoming data in the list and also sends the data as plane position to EuroScope clients. It has a built in error recovery to be able to interpret the non complete lines from SBS-1.

If it has data about a plane then it moves it in every 5 seconds (to be conform with FSD) to the last known direction with the last known GS. When a real coordinate is received then an IDENT is sent. In this way you will know what is simulated and what is real.

In the packet you can find some data files:

- icao24.txt - is a list of the ICAO hexident and plane registration numbers (there are 7818 records so far)

- aircrafts.txt - is a list of registered aircraft based on their registration number (161868 records so far)

- flightplans.txt - is a list of flight plans (19024 records so far)

You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start.

Just try it and have some fun.

p.s. You may send notes on it to here, but it is not a fully supported program. Just use as it is.

Hi G, after 5 years I found this post and I successfully connected flightradar24 data with ES, thank you!

Then I try to write some new data about aircraft type, registration, but it didn't work.

I want aircraft registed in China could show the type in TAG, I don't know how to do this (see picture below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Yflu7FmG7wYWJFMW4xUE9RWFU/view?usp=sharing

Could you tell me what's the correct format in aircrafts.txt and icao24.txt? I input a new aircraft data but it shows nothing

If there is any update for these two files, just let me know

Anyway ignore my poor english lol

• 3 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hi,

icao24.txt is a simple TAB delmitidet file. The first value is the ID from SBS while the second is the registration. One note on editing: The program expects the file to be sorted on the SBS ID. Id does not sort but tries a search that uses the ordering.

The same is true for the aircrafts.txt file as well. I use only the second column for the plane type. The rest is just ignored.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 8 months later...
Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted
I uploaded a trial version of the program to http://www.euroscope.hu/sbstofsdproxy/SBStoFSDproxy.zip. It is actually a very lightweight FSD server. You can connect to it with EuroScope. It supports multiple connections therefore you can share your SBS-1 traffic. It also supports private chats, but no more functions.

When started you can connect it to the SBS-1 TCP/IP socket by defining the server and the port. It displays all the incoming data in the list and also sends the data as plane position to EuroScope clients. It has a built in error recovery to be able to interpret the non complete lines from SBS-1.

If it has data about a plane then it moves it in every 5 seconds (to be conform with FSD) to the last known direction with the last known GS. When a real coordinate is received then an IDENT is sent. In this way you will know what is simulated and what is real.

In the packet you can find some data files:

- icao24.txt - is a list of the ICAO hexident and plane registration numbers (there are 7818 records so far)

- aircrafts.txt - is a list of registered aircraft based on their registration number (161868 records so far)

- flightplans.txt - is a list of flight plans (19024 records so far)

You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start.

Just try it and have some fun.

p.s. You may send notes on it to here, but it is not a fully supported program. Just use as it is.

Hi G, after 5 years I found this post and I successfully connected flightradar24 data with ES, thank you!

Then I try to write some new data about aircraft type, registration, but it didn't work.

I want aircraft registed in China could show the type in TAG, I don't know how to do this (see picture below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Yflu7FmG7wYWJFMW4xUE9RWFU/view?usp=sharing

Could you tell me what's the correct format in aircrafts.txt and icao24.txt? I input a new aircraft data but it shows nothing

If there is any update for these two files, just let me know

Anyway ignore my poor english lol

I'm interested in this, how did you connect ES with the FlightRadar24 data ?

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Matthew, there is no legal or inexpensive way to get raw data from FR24. In order to see real traffic in ES you need your own ADS-B receiver. However, if you share your own ADS-B data with ADSBhub.net, you get access to all raw data shared by other users of ADSBhub (quite good coverage in Europe). This can be feeded to your Euroscope using Gergely's SBStoFSDproxy program.

• 3 months later...
Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I've found a website (ADSBExchange) which provide ADS-B coverage for free. So I have selected the co-ordinates for my airport where I would like to get the real world traffic, and I ended up with the traffic in a data file.

So here is the link: http://public-api.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/AircraftList.json?lat=53.355264&lng=-2.272300&fDstL=0&fDstU=100, is there anyway I can use this data in EuroScope?

Thanks,