You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any REX wizards out there?

Antonio King 1085967

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted
Just make sure to deselect all the weather-relevant settings in REX2004

Actually there's no need for that. It won't affect whatever 3rd party weather engine you're using at all. So no need to deselect the weather settings in REX's interface.

+1. As long as you don't have your REX interface open, your REX settings will not affect ASE or FSX. Just install the textures from REX and then close the interface. Let ASE and FSX handle weather for you

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 10 months later...
Hamed Delfani 1173200
Posted
Posted

I have a problem with rex and fs9 i was install rex and all of things in good but when i am running fs9 i see the default texture of fs9 the texture of rex not loaded. i use win 7 64bit nod32 also running in administartor i uninstall rex and fs9 for several time clear registry but i have same problem agian

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hamed, Installing REX will only install the software. There is a step in REX where you have to install the selected theme textures into FS9. Only after you do this, you will be able to see the REX textures in FS9. Did you do this step also?

Hamed Delfani 1173200
Posted
Posted
Hamed, Installing REX will only install the software. There is a step in REX where you have to install the selected theme textures into FS9. Only after you do this, you will be able to see the REX textures in FS9. Did you do this step also?

yes after install software i set the setting (configuration) and theme and i am getting ok from rex that the texure moving in fs folderbut when i am running fs i see default texture

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, that really shouldn't be the case unless REX was installing it in the wrong folder. After installing the new textures, when you start FS9, it should do a compiling scenery progress bar, you see all this don't you?

How are you sure that you are only seeing default textures?

Hamed Delfani 1173200
Posted
Posted

yes i'm sure that see default texture