You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any FIR using mode S/Squawk 1000 correlation at Europe?

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

I love that plugin, very cool! The Code 1000 works great, AND we have the "magnetic heading" field in the TAG, how cool!

If only we had the indicated airspeed, vertical speed, set QNH and Set altitude which we have in real Eurocat 2000 (I know that VATSIM protocol does not simulate them, just dreaming).

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pavel Brodsky

• Oliver Gruetzmann

• Pierre Ferran

• Andreas Fuchs

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky 24 posts

• Oliver Gruetzmann

Oliver Gruetzmann 22 posts

• Pierre Ferran

Pierre Ferran 19 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 12 posts

Popular Days

• Dec 14 2015

8 posts

• Jun 10 2015

6 posts

• Oct 21 2015

6 posts

• Dec 15 2015

5 posts

Mark-Julius Pikat
Posted
Posted (edited)
I love that plugin, very cool! The Code 1000 works great, AND we have the "magnetic heading" field in the TAG, how cool!

If only we had the indicated airspeed, vertical speed, set QNH and Set altitude which we have in real Eurocat 2000 (I know that VATSIM protocol does not simulate them, just dreaming).

Pavel

Hello Pavel,

Juha Holopainen has developed E2KE plugin a long time ago. It has been superseded by TopSky, but as far as I know the newer version is not used in Czech Republic (i might be wrong). Also, there was no indicated airspeed indicator in any of the previous versions (and there is no such in real life as well), as it is really aircraft type dependant, radar processing can only calculate ground speed.

+EDIT: Also TopSky in real life doesn't yet have ModeS capabilities, at least I haven't seen such in Estonia.

-MJ

Edited by Guest

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org
Head of VATEUD Examining Program mark-julius.pikat [at] vateud.net

Jouka Ahponen
Posted
Posted

And by radar processed GS at least topsky calculates the zero wind IAS/mach at such altitude in stardard atmosphere conditions. So whenever you open up your speed meny for IAS/mach, it will have the estimated (zero-wind) speed highlighted. At low levels (APP controlling) it can really help to see the need of reducing/increasing the IAS when the surface winds are low as well. In enroute it's usually off by couple of numbers and therefore it has to be asked from the pilots to verify their actual speed.

But of course it has to be remembered that such highlighted IAS/mach speed is just for quidance, not for real controlling usage. The ground speed that is calculated by radar is the truth as well as the speed reported by pilots.

• 4 weeks later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Does anyone using my mode S plugin has any feedback, such as the code being [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned when it shouldn't be or anything like that?

• 2 weeks later...
Francisco Jose Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Hi all

I've been reading this post and I will propose in VATSIM Spain to integrate the use of Mode S transponder.

I downloaded docomeentation about ORCAM PA's and try to learn how to organize [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignacion of codes and interaction with other PA's. It is something new for us and I think we will need some time to implement it and make it fully operational.

Pierre: I downloaded the ModeS.dll file to test it, but when trying to activate in Euroscope, I get the message: "Failed to load plugin dll: F: \ Euroscope3.2 \ ModeS.dll" I'm using Euroscope v3.2 (r5)

We hope soon integrate the use of S transponder in the Spanish VACC because, in reality, I read that is fully functional and their use is mandatory in aircrafts with a capacity up to 19 p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers.

Best regards

Francisco Jose Rodriguez

http://www.vatspa.es

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Hi Pierre,

first time I tried it I had too few departures to really make a solid statement, but at least I can say the plugin correctly detected a flight within S-Mode areas and also another one that went outside S-Mode coverage. Will continue testing and report any results.

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hello,

we at VACC-CZ have been testing this plugin now for a quite long time. It works well, but we discovered one quite important bug. Sometimes it generates new squawk 1000 to an aircraft which had its individual squawk before. I.e. now I am at LKAA_CTR, and I am having overflight from LHBP to EDDC. It is in the middle of my sector, I have been controlling him for about 10 minutes. It came with squawk 1726 from LZBB_CTR. Now the plugin just generated squawk 1000 for no reason. Other friends reported the same issue with arrivals after p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing final approach fix (just some of them).

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

But that is definitely not a real procedure. Here at real LKPR we do not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign 1000s to aircraft that come from non-S zone and land at us - they keep their original squawks.

Good thing would be if the plugin [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned 1000s only for aircraft on ground (lets say with speed or altitude lower than some limit) - I have never heart anybody giving squawk 1000 while in the air.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

But he did not land in LKAA airspace, did he?

In the real world I regularly receive SQ1000 when I enter the SQ1000-zone, e.g. on a flight from Moscow to Paris we enter Germany on the Polish border: SQ1000 [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by EDUU.

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

The one from my example did not land here, that is right. Pierre, is the plugin supposed to do this? In quite increases ATC workload by giving new squawks to lot of planes.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Pavel is right, if an aircraft enters mode S airspace from a neighbouring country that is within the same PA, no new code is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign. For your example Andreas, if i'm not wrong, you receive squawk 1000 when entering EDUU because you and switching PA, and you happen to be flying only in mode S airspace.

The plugin is not supposed to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign squawk 1000 for aircrafts that already have a squawk, but here is the thing, and I'm getting a bit tired of it. My plugin checks for any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned squawk by ATC, attached to the flightplan, that, in theory should work fine and only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign squawk 1000 to aircrafts who haven't been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned any code, but, since it's vatsim, some data seem to vanish from flightplans between servers, or at random times, I have seen aircrafts with an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code that just vanishes after a while.

I'm going to update the plugin to have it only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign 1000 to ground aircrafts, and update the tag item to show mode S availability for the flight instead of the actual technical capabilities. I'll also try to investigate the magical vatsim servers, hopefully I can figure something out.

Francisco, I don't know about your issue, if you are running Windows XP or above with any EuroScope 3.2 version, beta or not, the plugin should load, could you give me maybe more details?

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hey, as long as you will be updating the plugin, could you change the way how heading is presented as TAG item? Sofar we get only the number (for example 18 for heading 018), it would be better with leading zero (eg 018). Our real Eurocat 2000 system uses h as a prefix (small letter h), so the result is h018 or h230, etc - which makes it easy to understand that the item is heading.

However thank you for your update

You are absolutely right how some things vanish from aircraft flightplans - yesterday I was at LKAA_CTR whole evening and 30% of traffic which came to me from EURM_CTR lost its CFL few seconds after transfer to me, and the CFL was set to 060. This is not your plugin related, I tried disabling the plugin, but this sometimes went on.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
Sofar we get only the number (for example 18 for heading 018), it would be better with leading zero (eg 018). Our real Eurocat 2000 system uses h as a prefix (small letter h), so the result is h018 or h230, etc - which makes it easy to understand that the item is heading.

I will add the padding zero yes, for the "h", i wanted to let users the flexibility to present it however they like, try adding a "static string" to your tag, that should do the trick.

You are absolutely right how some things vanish from aircraft flightplans - yesterday I was at LKAA_CTR whole evening and 30% of traffic which came to me from EURM_CTR lost its CFL few seconds after transfer to me, and the CFL was set to 060.

The CFL to FL060 is due to VCA, controllers using that in the UK basically affect anyone in their range, it's quite annoying, I'll try to contact Graig Phillips, the author of VCA when I have time.

Hi Pierre,

thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. Have you received my e-mail regarding CPDLC/vSMR?

Yes I did, great docomeent btw Andreas, I haven't had time to reply and i'm very sorry!

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Was this in use for the event last sunday by the person on maastricht?

I had a few aircraft in my sector (London airspace) being [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned 1000 by someone else, which is very annoying as it generates errors and means I have to manually revert the code.

If it was being used there needs to be some sort of function to stop the plugin [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning squawks outside of your own sector. This might have been due to the things noted above, where ES does not always realise an aircraft has been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a code, but regardless I dont think you should have a plugin change things for aicraft not in your sector.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

@Pierre: I suggest you limit the code change to planes that an ATC tracks/starts tracking. Also we had reports of the plugin [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning SQ1000 to pilot who had the correct suffix /G filed, but were flying VFR with SQ7000. Maybe you can tell the plugin to ignore pilots with VFR transponder codes.

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Sunday EURM_CTR was Samy Jay Greve if I remember correctly - somebody can ask him which plugins he runs.

Interesting fact that VCA does such a mess - I tried disabling everything in my ES without any effect, so I was quite frustreted

Pierre, thank you for your note about the static string in TAG editor, I have never realised it was there

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

I had a few aircraft in my sector (London airspace) being [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned 1000 by someone else, which is very annoying as it generates errors and means I have to manually revert the code.

This was corrected in the latest version, it just needs testing and will be released in a day or two. This wasn't supposed to happen if the vatsim servers actually remembered the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned data, sadly it's not the case.

@Pierre: I suggest you limit the code change to planes that an ATC tracks/starts tracking. Also we had reports of the plugin [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning SQ1000 to pilot who had the correct suffix /G filed, but were flying VFR with SQ7000. Maybe you can tell the plugin to ignore pilots with VFR transponder codes.

Completely forgot about VFRs, with the new version, if they don't have a flight plan they won't get [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned 1000 on the ground, they won't get [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a code in the air anymore.

Sunday EURM_CTR was Samy Jay Greve if I remember correctly - somebody can ask him which plugins he runs.

Interesting fact that VCA does such a mess - I tried disabling everything in my ES without any effect, so I was quite frustreted

Yes indeed it is quite frustrating, now imagine having borders with a LON sector

It doesn't need to be EURM, it probably was a London controller using the plugin that was changing the level that far away. Again a vatsim servers mystery. This could be easily fixed though, i'll email the author of VCA.

Francisco Jose Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Francisco, I don't know about your issue, if you are running Windows XP or above with any EuroScope 3.2 version, beta or not, the plugin should load, could you give me maybe more details?

Hello again, Pierre. Sorry for delay

There you have a screenshot.

DLL_zps9keesgix.png

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or the file is not that I have to download. Please, if not, give me a direct link to download the correct file(s)

Best regards.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 - 64 bits - Euroscope 3.2(r5)

Francisco Jose Rodriguez

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

You are probably missing a .NET framework library. But I found no information about in GitHub, so only Pierre will be able to confirm if .NET framwork files are needed to run the plugin.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

The plugin is written in C++, which is not a .NET language, therefore a .NET framework should not be required, however the Visual C++ Redistrubutable for the Visual Studio version Pierre uses will be required. I think Pierre uses VS2013 (I could be wrong), so try downloading the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistrubutable (e.g. here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 ).

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Francisco Jose Rodriguez
Posted
Posted
The plugin is written in C++, which is not a .NET language, therefore a .NET framework should not be required, however the Visual C++ Redistrubutable for the Visual Studio version Pierre uses will be required. I think Pierre uses VS2013 (I could be wrong), so try downloading the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistrubutable (e.g. here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 ).

You are probably missing a .NET framework library. But I found no information about in GitHub, so only Pierre will be able to confirm if .NET framwork files are needed to run the plugin.

Thanks Sam and Jonas for reply. I've already installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistrubutable. I've uninstalled and reinstalled again, but no results.

Anyway, if I try to load any other plugin ( eg.: Precission approach plugin), is loaded ok so, i supose that i'm doing something wrong (or the plugin file is not the correct)

Regards

Francisco Jose Rodriguez