You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any FIR using mode S/Squawk 1000 correlation at Europe?

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Oliver, can you check that your plugin is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning 1000 only to IFR traffic? I just got 1000 generated for this guy...

Pavel

VFR.png

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pavel Brodsky

• Oliver Gruetzmann

• Pierre Ferran

• Andreas Fuchs

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky 24 posts

• Oliver Gruetzmann

Oliver Gruetzmann 22 posts

• Pierre Ferran

Pierre Ferran 19 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 12 posts

Popular Days

• Dec 14 2015

8 posts

• Jun 10 2015

6 posts

• Oct 21 2015

6 posts

• Dec 15 2015

5 posts

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Hi Pavel,

it shouldn't happen. Did it [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign code 1000 when you was trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a code, or did it "just happen"?

If it's the latter, it most likely came from a controller using one of the early versions without update check.

I filter for VFR, so this shouldn't happen at all.

Unfortunately, it's really hard to test. There's still some of Pierre's very old versions on the network, without update check (and by people not checking for updates on their own). Plus, there's the plugin of the british controllers, which still [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns codes anywhere in some cases.

Oliver.

Oliver, can you check that your plugin is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning 1000 only to IFR traffic? I just got 1000 generated for this guy...

Pavel

VFR.png

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hi,

it was a random change - so as you say, probably somebody with old plugin... Never mind

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
Hi,

it was a random change - so as you say, probably somebody with old plugin... Never mind

Pavel

I wish I was able to really test it. In a sim, it looked good, but live on the network I never had the chance to see if it works correctly. Always had pilots coming from uncontrolled airspace with 1000 already [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned but not squawking it.

@Pierre, what do you think about a merge of both plugins now? It will be some time until the ES function is public, and I think it would be good to have a single version out there. Some of use have a tool that displays squawk changes (grabbed from the ES Proxy). This would allow us to point people with old versions to the upgrade. Any changes needed?

Oliver.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
The new beta supports S/Squawk 1000:

• The code (1000) can be set in the settings dialog - leave empty to disable the functions below

• No DUPE for A1000

• RT with A1000 always correlates to FP

• Using auto [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign squawk to S-mode plane [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns A1000

I request a possibility to activate separately if squawk 1000 should be used for auto [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment. Then it would be possible to accept any squawk 1000 [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by another controller without creating duplicate warnings while not issuing squawk 1000 yourself. This will be especially helpful in regions where you don't want to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign squawk 1000 but you also don't want to change the squawk from everybody entering your airspace with squawk 1000 to a "normal" one.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
But [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming an aircraft flying from an airport in a Mode S region to another airport in a Mode S region, but through airspace not supporting Mode S, would it be recognized by the plugins that squawk 1000 should NOT be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned?

@Pierre, Oliver: Do your plugins consider this case?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
But [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming an aircraft flying from an airport in a Mode S region to another airport in a Mode S region, but through airspace not supporting Mode S, would it be recognized by the plugins that squawk 1000 should NOT be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned?

@Pierre, Oliver: Do your plugins consider this case?

No, this would take lots of work and is unlikely to be implemented. If it happens, a code has to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned manually.

Fortunately, this case should be rare, ask your neigbours to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a discrete code in those cases.

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy with university. Oliver, I'm going to have my github redirect to yours, I consider that now you're the main guy on the project and been doing a great work at it. Hopefully Gergely can soon implement a proper squawk 1000 system into EuroScope.

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy with university. Oliver, I'm going to have my github redirect to yours, I consider that now you're the main guy on the project and been doing a great work at it. Hopefully Gergely can soon implement a proper squawk 1000 system into EuroScope.
Sounds good

Yes, I hope so, too, but I think it will be some time until the next public release.

Thanks for the great start and for making it open source. I don't think that I would have started this on my own

• 1 month later...
Alex Beavil 1302142
Posted
Posted

We now in Bucharest/Sofia/(Chisinau) are presently using this for internal flights, but also flights destined for roma and milano. This allows us to use these squarks when we run out of our usual 54-- range (normally after about a hour of controllling CTR!) We're trying to get Budapest and the other surronding people to join us, or at least allow overflights to the main zone. This would be more effective than just us, although it is slow buisness dealing with people.....

Alex

Alex Beavil

ROvACC Events

ACCRO7

34.png

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Alex, I already replied on github. Unfortunately, it'll make things complicated.

On flightradar24 I've seen that code 1000 is actually being used in your region (few flights, yet, but they are there). Need to find a way to respect regions that don't use it, yet. A simple, destination based filter won't do anymore.

Oliver.