You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Additional feature requests for vPilot v2.0

Don Desfosse

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted
This one is not precisely a feature request but I put it here:

Can you add the following two ICAO codes to the list of known airlines in ModelMatchingData.xml -

EPA (Donghai Airlines)

CCD (Dalian Airlines)

Thanks!

You can edit the XML as well. I've done it many times already. Use Notepad++ which is a free download.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Don Desfosse

• Clarke Kruger

• Markus Schober 1328585

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 24 posts

• Don Desfosse

Don Desfosse 5 posts

• Clarke Kruger

Clarke Kruger 4 posts

• Markus Schober 1328585

Markus Schober 1328585 4 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 16 2016

6 posts

• Aug 31 2016

5 posts

• Feb 9 2018

5 posts

• May 26 2016

5 posts

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
This one is not precisely a feature request but I put it here:

Can you add the following two ICAO codes to the list of known airlines in ModelMatchingData.xml -

EPA (Donghai Airlines)

CCD (Dalian Airlines)

Thanks!

You can edit the XML as well. I've done it many times already. Use Notepad++ which is a free download.

It is not a good idea to edit the file, since it will be overwritten by vPilot when I update the data, and your changes will be lost.

Clarke, what changes have you made?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Just edited some of the model matching data, Added the Freighter variants since people still seem to be listing B77F and MD1F as there ICAO codes.

Just so they show up rather than a default model.

Clarke Kruger

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Clarke, did you see my previous reply, warning against editing that file? Your changes will get overwritten the next time I update the file.

B77F is already in the similar aircraft types list, so you don't need to add that one anywhere. (If it didn't end up matching a triple 7 model that you have installed, let me know, since that may indicate a bug.)

I'll add MD1F to the similar types list for the next update.

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Sounds good, Yes I did read your post as well.

Easier editing the text then getting people to search proper ICAO codes.

Clarke Kruger

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Easier editing the text then getting people to search proper ICAO codes.

Not when your changes will get clobbered!

• 2 weeks later...
Boaz Lev 1285642
Posted
Posted

So, may be a bit late to the game, but I'll give it a shot anyway: Would it be possible to configure output per radio? So, for instance stating that COM1 goes to this sound card and COM2 goes to another? Obviously, it would be possible to set both to the same output/input, but for home pit builders, this would be a real killer feature I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the change would be minor as you already know in the incoming data stream which of the radios is receiving the stream.

Thanks,

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
So, may be a bit late to the game, but I'll give it a shot anyway: Would it be possible to configure output per radio? So, for instance stating that COM1 goes to this sound card and COM2 goes to another? Obviously, it would be possible to set both to the same output/input, but for home pit builders, this would be a real killer feature I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the change would be minor as you already know in the incoming data stream which of the radios is receiving the stream.

For such a feature to be complete, vPilot would also need to have two different PTT buttons configured and be able to *record* from the two different devices simultaneously. I'm not sure the VATSIM voice code supports that, but I'll check into it.

And that then raises the question of whether or not it is acceptable policy-wise to have two different users transmitting over a single user's connection.

Have you considered using observer mode for this?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I've just posted vPilot 2.0.7 for download (still in open beta) and this version will detect new liveries added to an existing model.

• 1 month later...
Christopher Flett 1349312
Posted
Posted

CTAF Voice functionality in VPilot (As FSInn/FSCopilot do) please. AS this enables us Aussie pilots to be able to use a much more stable program and still use CTAF in uncontrolled airspace.

22.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
CTAF Voice functionality in VPilot (As FSInn/FSCopilot do) please. AS this enables us Aussie pilots to be able to use a much more stable program and still use CTAF in uncontrolled airspace.

This has been requested many times, and my answer has always been the same. I will implement voice CTAF/UNICOM in vPilot once there is a method that is officially endorsed by VATSIM. A feature like that needs to be standardized on the network, not just brought about on the whim of a single developer. That way all users can benefit, rather than just the users of a single client.

To that end, I have recently drafted a proposal for an official voice CTAF structure and submitted it to the BoG. It was discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=70437

• 3 weeks later...
yoni revivo 874300
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry if this already had been asked before but why v2 does not allow callsign with number prefix and dashes?

for example:

4X-CHM

Thanks,

And great software btw.

Edited by Guest

Yoni Revivo

INS1

VATIL3 - Training Manager

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Sorry if this already have been asked before but why v2 does not allow callsign with number prefix and dashes?

The only thing it filters out is the dash/hyphen - a character that shouldn't be part of the callsign (or, for example, appear on an actual flight plan).

yoni revivo 874300
Posted
Posted

I get this:

[18:43:57] The callsign must start with a letter and contain only letters and digits.

Yoni Revivo

INS1

VATIL3 - Training Manager

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Interesting. That's certainly not a VATSIM network limitation.

Might need Ross to chime in on this. It's perhaps just an over-restrictive requirement within vPilot that he can remove.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

At some point I had learned that aircraft registrations always start with a letter ... I guess that's no longer (or never was) the case. I'll update it.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Alias for text unicom similar to what is in VRC/VSTARS/VERAM

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

• 1 month later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Sorry if this already had been asked before but why v2 does not allow callsign with number prefix and dashes?

for example:

4X-CHM

I have updated the code to allow a number prefix. This will be available in the next 2.0 beta release, coming soon.

Zach Biesse-Fitton
Posted
Posted

Ross, would it be possible to add the ability to connect to a user-defined voice room? Much like SquawkBox is able to? I know there's a lot of people out there on P3D who would appreciate this functionality.

No, I'm not asking for voice unicom..

Zach Biesse-Fitton
VATSIM Developer and Supervisor | VATPAC Division Director

vatSys Development Team

• 1 year later...
Ian Niblo
Posted
Posted

Would be great if the main screen could be re-sized.

I tend to have vPilot on my lower EICAS which is too small to show the whole width of the vPilot form, even at max screen resolution, so I always have one side or another of the form hanging off-screen*. It would be useful if the form could be re-sizable and even better if the the ATC could be undocked?

Cheers for all your hard work!

Regards

Ian

* My Lower EICAS is a flat screen monitor that sits in a pedestal, so quite a bit of the desktop is obscured.

Full size 737 cockpit - https://www.facebook.com/SimAirUK

Windows 7 64 bit, Prepar3d v4, vPilot , FSUIPC v5

Rex4 Texture Direct, Active Sky 2016 P3D4 +Active Sky Cloud Art, Ultimate Traffic Live

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

You are able to resize the window? Or is it not enough for your screen? What about changing the monitor resolution?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Ian Niblo
Posted
Posted

Hi Morten,

I'm running the monitor at its highest resolution but have to choose between seeing one end of the vPilot form (with the ATC list) or the other (with the radio information). It does resize but only to a certain extent so I still lose some of it.

Perhaps the radio info could be put above the ATC window so that the form could be resized further? I much prefer its single screen approach over FSInn's multi screens, but the lower EICAS is only so big.

Regards

Ian

Rex4 Texture Direct, Active Sky 2016 P3D4 +Active Sky Cloud Art, Ultimate Traffic Live

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Ian,

I understand your request, but you need to realize that yours is a special case. Most users aren't trying to run vPilot in a small EICAS screen. It would not make sense for me to spend time reworking the UI for such a rare use case.

Marc Eijkens
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

As stated in my Original post, AC type codes are entered incorrectly occasionally resulting in incorrect model matching. What do you think about forcing pilots to choose their AC type from a predefined list of correct codes?

Marc

Marc Eijkens

ACCNL7 | Events Coordinator Dutch VACC

Ian Niblo
Posted
Posted

Of course - quite understand. Thanks for replying.

Regards

Ian