You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Additional feature requests for vPilot v2.0

Don Desfosse

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I decided against that since it would require that vPilot have a way to automatically keep its ICAO code list up to date. It's doable, just not a priority right now. What I would probably do is just prompt the user to confirm that they want to use the code they entered, if it is not found in the list of known codes. That would allow the user to still use a new (or fictitious) code that isn't in the database yet for whatever reason.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Don Desfosse

• Clarke Kruger

• Markus Schober 1328585

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 24 posts

• Don Desfosse

Don Desfosse 5 posts

• Clarke Kruger

Clarke Kruger 4 posts

• Markus Schober 1328585

Markus Schober 1328585 4 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 16 2016

6 posts

• Aug 31 2016

5 posts

• Feb 9 2018

5 posts

• May 26 2016

5 posts

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Problem with that is people will still put in B77F, MD1F, B747, PA28 because they still believe those are the proper ICAO codes

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Of course ... there's no silver bullet ... but it would cut down on the bad codes a lot of they had to acknowledge a popup when they enter an unknown code. And it could suggest a better code as well. E.g. if they enter B747, vPilot could suggest B744, and they could switch to B744 by pressing a button.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Speaking of pressing a button... Just curious, any thoughts about my request in the first post in this thread?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Speaking of pressing a button... Just curious, any thoughts about my request in the first post in this thread?

Thanks Don, I'll add it to the wish list.

Do you think it should clear out the route (and perhaps alternate) fields? And maybe add or subtract 1,000 from the cruise altitude?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Good points that I hadn't even thought of. I'd recommend clearing route, alternate and altitude.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 months later...
Simon Kelly 1422405
Posted
Posted

Don't want to necro a thread but having serious trouble with vPilot and port-forwarding, since I'm on an IPV6 router that doesn't allow forwarding, but still getting the typical "audio cuts out" problems [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with it. It could also be that the port is going inactive, and the router shuts the connection, but as mentioned before, sending empty packets to maintain the connection might be a solution? Either way, in it's current state it doesn't seem that vPilot isn't really compatible with IPV6 users, which is a real shame.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Either way, in it's current state it doesn't seem that vPilot isn't really compatible with IPV6 users, which is a real shame.

Unless I'm missing something (which is possible, I don't have a lot of experience with IPV6 networking,) this isn't a question of vPilot's support for IPV6 ... it's a question of VATSIM's voice library and servers supporting IPV6. I'm not sure if the voice code library supports IPV6, but I can say that one of the most popular voice servers, rw.liveatc.net, has no IPV6 address.

Are you saying your router doesn't allow you to set up IPV4 port forwarding?

Marcel Ritzema
Posted
Posted

Hiya,

Deadhard user of FsInn is converting to vPilot. Have 2 request to make, i do apologize f they already came up earlier:

- Would be nice to have to PPT-key mapped to both a joystick key/button and a keyboard key.

- Can it made possible to file "VFR" as your cruise altitude, as done in real-life:

Realife example:

(FPL-GNWFS-VG

-C172/L-S/S

-EGSX0830

-N0090VFR DCT DVR DCT KONAN DCT COA DCT 5258N00837E DCT 5301N00848E DCT

-EDDW0415 EDDV

-EET/EBBU0101 EHAA0134 EDWW0306 RMK/PILOT ROBERT Mxxxxxxxxxx +44770xxxxx, CREATED BY SKYDEMON, SUPP INFO RQS KBLIHAEX)

Thanks for considering.

Kind regards,

19.png