You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope, sim tower view, Vpilot 2.0 BETA

Karl Sawatzky

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

Go to settings -> Modelmatching and make sure you actually have some rules activated

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Tony Manolo 1323805

• Johnny Coughlan

• Thimo Koolen

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 16 posts

• Tony Manolo 1323805

Tony Manolo 1323805 10 posts

• Johnny Coughlan

Johnny Coughlan 9 posts

• Thimo Koolen

Thimo Koolen 7 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 16 2016

9 posts

• Apr 10 2016

8 posts

• Aug 7 2016

7 posts

• Aug 19 2016

6 posts

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
Go to settings -> Modelmatching and make sure you actually have some rules activated

As you can see from the below screenshots, I did have some rules activated. Any other suggestions?

GiWrvgK.jpg

Tony Manolo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which model were you expecting to see for the C172?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted

Do you really think the 172 is the problem? A better question is.... what model was I expecting to see for the B737? Maybe the C172 is not modeled in UT2, but I'm sure the B737 is.

Tony Manolo.

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted
Does anyone also remember the little trick so you could move around in your tower?

Define "move around".

If you think about "turning your head" with a hat switch or similar and changing work stations, you just start a multiplayer session for your self, where you set your role as ATC. Start the session then connect vPilot tower view

I did exactly as suggested in the quote above. I started a private multiplayer session and it worked. I was looking down at CYVR from the tower. TrackIR worked and I had a 360 degree view of the airport by simply moving my head. AWESOME! HOWEVER, for some reason the model matching was not working. All the aircrafts were being shown as CRJ7 which is the default model for P3D. When I installed vpilot it automatically recognized and added the UT2 models as well as the one for my Canadian Xpress VA. Can anyone tell me why I'm not seeing the models as they are?

I didn't had problems with model matching, but with the position. Is it possible to move the camera up to be placed above the tower roof?

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do you really think the 172 is the problem? A better question is.... what model was I expecting to see for the B737? Maybe the C172 is not modeled in UT2, but I'm sure the B737 is.

I'm confused ... there is no B737 in your screenshot. I asked about the C172 because that's the only one that was not matched and resulted in the default CRJ.

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

I didn't had problems with model matching, but with the position. Is it possible to move the camera up to be placed above the tower roof?

You can press Ctrl+enter, shift+enter, Ctrl+backspace and shift+backspace to move your "Seat" up, down, back or forward. Same as in any cockpit.

But isn't the point with this feature to simulate a tower view? :p

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I like to have an unobstructed view of the field as well. I don't like being "inside" a tower model, because you can't easily simulate leaning forward and looking up to see aircraft that might be obstructed by the tower ceiling. So what I usually do is edit the saved flight to put my altitude slightly above the tower.

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted

I'm confused ... there is no B737 in your screenshot. I asked about the C172 because that's the only one that was not matched and resulted in the default CRJ.

I'm not sure what you're confused about. I never said the C172 is the "only" one that was not matched. I did say that not all models matched. And the reason why there is no B737 in the screenshot is because there wasn't anyone flying one when I took that shot. But just because the screenshot was of a C172, you can't automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that's the only one that didn't match. Let me put it to you this way. You saw a screenshot that I do indeed have matching rules set. Nevertheless, some airplanes match and others don't and the B737 is one of the ones that don't. So, this brings me back full circle to my original question... can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Tony Manolo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Tony, I don't know if your tone is getting distorted in this textual medium, but you sound aggravated and defensive. Take a deep breath and reset.

I'm not sure what you're confused about. I never said the C172 is the "only" one that was not matched.

I didn't say that you said so. I'm going strictly from this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/gmSWBgR.png

That screenshot clearly shows a C172 that didn't get matched, resulting in the default CRJ.

I did say that not all models matched. And the reason why there is no B737 in the screenshot is because there wasn't anyone flying one when I took that shot. But just because the screenshot was of a C172, you can't automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that's the only one that didn't match.

That's the only one that didn't result in a match IN YOUR SCREENSHOT.

Nevertheless, some airplanes match and others don't and the B737 is one of the ones that don't.

Can you provide a screenshot that shows a B737 that is not resulting in a model match?

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

You can press Ctrl+enter, shift+enter, Ctrl+backspace and shift+backspace to move your "Seat" up, down, back or forward. Same as in any cockpit.

But isn't the point with this feature to simulate a tower view? :p

The tower has like 4 different positions and there are a lot of buildings in the way that would obstruct the virtual tower view. If my camera's placed above, I can just easily rotate and view the field.

spacer.png

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Defining camera views: There are numerous ways to place the camera but I prefer to modify a aircraft.cfg file directly so as to place the camera at the exact tower location in the real world. You can use any aircraft you like and park it anywhere on the airport. Below are the camera definitions I use for KEWR, KLGA, KJFK, and KPHL with an altitude of 100 meters for the tower views. The only thing you need to modify for your own use is to increment the CameraDefinition.x, a new Guid https://www.guidgenerator.com/, latitude, longitude, and the initial camera heading in the InitialPbh line (pitch,bank, heading). More information on configuring fixed cameras may be found at http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/understanding-fsx-cameras.html

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "JFK Tower"
Guid = {2900F626-8C26-4154-8FDC-E4346177C404}
Origin = Fixed
ShowPanel = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = .75
SmoothZoomTime = 0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh=0, 0, 130
XyzAdjust = True
XyzRate= 10
xyzAccelleratorTime = 0
Panacceleratortime	= 0
PitchPanRate = 60
HeadingPanRate = 100
AllowPbhAdjust = Yes
ShowLensFlare= Yes
Category = Custom
ClipMode=Normal
CycleHidden=Yes 
FixedLatitude=n40.642422
FixedLongitude=w73.781226
FixedAltitude=100

[CameraDefinition.4]
Title = "PHL Tower"
Guid = {cd04bb56-f88b-4a21-893d-1e55c37c820b}
Origin = Fixed
ShowPanel = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = .75
SmoothZoomTime = 0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh=0, 0, 170
XyzAdjust = True
XyzRate= 10
xyzAccelleratorTime = 0
Panacceleratortime = 0
PitchPanRate = 60
HeadingPanRate = 100
AllowPbhAdjust = Yes
ShowLensFlare= Yes
Category = Custom
ClipMode=Normal
CycleHidden=Yes 
FixedLatitude=n39.875656
FixedLongitude=w75.245892
FixedAltitude=100

[CameraDefinition.5]
Title = "PHL 27L"
Guid = {e0c79533-a1a5-480f-ab94-383e22fef8c9}
Origin = Fixed
ShowPanel = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = .75
SmoothZoomTime = 0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh=0, 0, 300
XyzAdjust = True
XyzRate= 10
xyzAccelleratorTime = 0
Panacceleratortime = 0
PitchPanRate = 60
HeadingPanRate = 100
AllowPbhAdjust = Yes
ShowLensFlare= Yes
Category = Custom
ClipMode=Normal
CycleHidden=Yes 
FixedLatitude=n39.866714
FixedLongitude=w75.233173
FixedAltitude=50

[CameraDefinition.6]
Title = "PHL 9R"
Guid = {7e8f025b-829f-4fd1-9121-ed3a281c1ba0}
Origin = Fixed
ShowPanel = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = .75
SmoothZoomTime = 0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh=0, 0, 300
XyzAdjust = True
XyzRate= 10
xyzAccelleratorTime = 0
Panacceleratortime = 0
PitchPanRate = 60
HeadingPanRate = 100
AllowPbhAdjust = Yes
ShowLensFlare= Yes
Category = Custom
ClipMode=Normal
CycleHidden=Yes 
FixedLatitude=n39.860001
FixedLongitude=w75.263926
FixedAltitude=50

[CameraDefinition.7]
Title = "EWR Tower"
Guid = {b522864c-875b-4380-94f2-adb3093f41dd}
Origin = Fixed
ShowPanel = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = .75
SmoothZoomTime = 0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh=0, 0, 130
XyzAdjust = True
XyzRate= 10
xyzAccelleratorTime = 0
Panacceleratortime = 0
PitchPanRate = 60
HeadingPanRate = 100
AllowPbhAdjust = Yes
ShowLensFlare= Yes
Category = Custom
ClipMode=Normal
CycleHidden=Yes 
FixedLatitude=n40.692573
FixedLongitude=w74.182749
FixedAltitude=100

[CameraDefinition.8]
Title = "LGA Tower"
Guid = {ab50b563-036d-4960-96fe-9ef33f2b7f58}
Origin = Fixed
ShowPanel = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = .75
SmoothZoomTime = 0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh=10 , 0, 350
XyzAdjust = True
XyzRate= 10
xyzAccelleratorTime = 0
Panacceleratortime = 0
PitchPanRate = 60
HeadingPanRate = 100
AllowPbhAdjust = Yes
ShowLensFlare= Yes
Category = Custom
ClipMode=Normal
CycleHidden=Yes 
FixedLatitude=n40.775515
FixedLongitude=w73.874495
FixedAltitude=100

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Thanks! And others won't be able to see your plane once connected?

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Thanks! And others won't be able to see your plane once connected?

As long as you connect vPilot to ES using the .towerview command, then your flight sim will not be connected to VATSIM. It will only be connected to ES. ES acts as a server for vPilot, essentially creating your own private network with ES as the server, and vPilot as the only user. ES takes care of copying the location of all aircraft from the live network to the private network it creates for you.

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
Can you provide a screenshot that shows a B737 that is not resulting in a model match?

Ok I haven't been able to get one of a B737 because lately the 737 has been matching up correctly. I guess it depends on the airline selected. But here is one of an Air Canada 777 showing up as Canadian Xpress 777.

Here is the info shot.

sg2qLxG.jpg

And here is the actual aircraft

3tVdlKP.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm betting your Canadian Express 777 aircraft.cfg file includes ACA in its atc_parking_codes list.

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
I'm betting your Canadian Express 777 aircraft.cfg file includes ACA in its atc_parking_codes list.

You're right it does but I don't understand why that would be a problem.

Tony Manolo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot determines which model to use based on the airline code that is specified in the atc_parking_codes line. So the problem is that you have a model that advertises itself as Air Canada but is actually for Canadian Express. The aircraft config file should probably only state CXA, so that it would only match CXA flights, not ACA flights.

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
vPilot determines which model to use based on the airline code that is specified in the atc_parking_codes line. So the problem is that you have a model that advertises itself as Air Canada but is actually for Canadian Express. The aircraft config file should probably only state CXA, so that it would only match CXA flights, not ACA flights.

But both Air Canada and Canadian Xpress use the 777. And, I'm sure UT2 also has Air Canada models in its database. So why isn't vpilot matching the aircraft up with the 777 in UT2. This didn't happen before in previous versions of vpilot. Why doesn't this happen with other Air Canada models like the A320 or the 767. For those aircrafts it shows the Air Canada livery. Why won't it show the AC livery for the triple 7? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Tony Manolo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It used the CXA 777 model instead of the UT2 777 model because you have the CXA folder set higher in your priority list than the UT2 folder.

The core of the problem is that you have a 777 model with a CXA paint job, but the aircraft.cfg advertises itself as an ACA paint job. The model is lying.

In version 1, it didn't happen this way because vPilot didn't scan the aircraft.cfg files. It relied solely on the downloaded .VMR files. And either the CXA .VMR file correctly advertised the 777 model as CXA and not ACA, or you had the UT2 .VMR file set to a higher priority than the CXA .VMR file.

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
It used the CXA 777 model instead of the UT2 777 model because you have the CXA folder set higher in your priority list than the UT2 folder.

The core of the problem is that you have a 777 model with a CXA paint job, but the aircraft.cfg advertises itself as an ACA paint job. The model is lying.

In version 1, it didn't happen this way because vPilot didn't scan the aircraft.cfg files. It relied solely on the downloaded .VMR files. And either the CXA .VMR file correctly advertised the 777 model as CXA and not ACA, or you had the UT2 .VMR file set to a higher priority than the CXA .VMR file.

So, if I put UT2 above CXA in the priority list, then all Air Canada 777s will display correctly? And, if I do that, would a CXA 777 display the CXA livery or would the same problem occur in reverse where the CXA 777 will show up as an Air Canada 777?

Tony Manolo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, putting UT2 higher in priority will make vPilot use the UT2 ACA 777 before it will use the (incorrectly configured) CXA 777.

The reverse problem should not happen because I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the UT2 ACA 777 does not have the same misconfiguration. That is to say, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume it does not list CXA as the airline code for its ACA 777.

Whether or not the CXA model will get used for a CXA flight depends on whether or not CXA is included in the list of airline codes in the atc_parking_codes entry of the aircraft.cfg file. If it is, it will.

Really, CXA needs to fix their model. Then it wouldn't matter what priority order you set for the folders, since vPilot would never try to use the CXA 777 for an ACA flight.

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
Yes, putting UT2 higher in priority will make vPilot use the UT2 ACA 777 before it will use the (incorrectly configured) CXA 777.

The reverse problem should not happen because I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the UT2 ACA 777 does not have the same misconfiguration. That is to say, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume it does not list CXA as the airline code for its ACA 777.

Whether or not the CXA model will get used for a CXA flight depends on whether or not CXA is included in the list of airline codes in the atc_parking_codes entry of the aircraft.cfg file. If it is, it will.

Really, CXA needs to fix their model. Then it wouldn't matter what priority order you set for the folders, since vPilot would never try to use the CXA 777 for an ACA flight.

Ok I'll point the CXA staff to this thread and hopefully they'll decide to do something about it. Thanks for your help.

Tony Monolo

Eytan Ofir
Posted
Posted

im connected to vatsim but i dont see any planes any idea what can i do?

Eytan Ofir
Posted
Posted

i am succeslfly connected but do not see any AI what do i need to do to see ai