You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

latest airac's for FS2004

Arthur Melton

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Can anyone inform me where I can get the latest airac updates for FS2004 [FS9] from. Thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

Hello Arthur,

FSX and FS9 both use outdated nav systems that we cant update, so you will probably have to look at charts, or use Active Sky or Skyvector to find your routes if you dont use a payware aircraft. If you do use a payware aircraft, (eg. Aerosoft A318/19/20/21 or any PMDG products) then you can buy updated nav data off Navigraph or NavData Pro.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Andrew they actually can

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

I think those are only Navaids, most people would be looking for waypoints. If you are looking for navaids, that is your fix. If i am wrong about both and i have just made a complete idiot of myself, i will fade away into a corner where no one will find me.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep the fixes can be found here

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

the guy doing it is an absolute angel

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted
yep the fixes can be found here

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

the guy doing it is an absolute angel

Omg. I have to get these!

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, this information is actually a pinned thread, found right at the top of this forum....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=71316

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Thanks for them info guy's . Will these files overwrite the Graham Mitchell ones that I have installed?? just a thought.art

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I used to use those too! I don't remember exactly -- I switched to the sors files years ago -- but if I remember correctly, those you added as a scenery area, so you just have to delete the scenery area.

Don Desfosse

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Tried the Sors update without success so put the Mitchell files back in .Thanks all

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

What was the problem with the sors updates?

Don Desfosse

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

To me it also remains unclear what Art wants:

a) an update to FS2004's VORs and NDBs in its scenery base

b) an update of navigation databases for its addons

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Andreas, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed both, and Art was pointed to both the Navaids and the the Fixes, so I wanted to verify that he applied both updates. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume he would have, since he was pointed to both places, but you know how dangerous [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming is... I figured if we could learn a bit more/better what the problem was, we could help troubleshoot.

Don Desfosse

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ah, I never even thought about updating the Intersections in my SIM, because all the planning and navigation is done by 3rd party programs or addon aircraft/FMCs.

Therefore my suggestion to Art would be to:

a) update your Navaids through Sor's page

b) update your addon aircraft's database with one of the commercial services, either Navigraph or Aerosoft's NavDataPro

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Thanks guy's for all of your replies. Pure and simply what I was looking for is :- An update for FS2004 which updates the waypoints and navaids in the sim so that I can fly using non payware aircraft and have the latest waypoints ect. [Like the one which Mitch compiled.] I already have 3 payware aircraft that I update with Navigraph often.

As for the SORS programme I tried installing it but found it confusing ,no wonder it didn't work for me! I am easily confused . A friend of mine also looked at it and put it in the too hard basket.

I also tried contacting Navigraph to see if they had a programme to update FS2004 .

For the remainder of my flying future my existing waypoints and navaids are adequate for Australia and the pacific . Thanks for your help. Regards. Art

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Art, just to try to simplify the sors process:

1. Go to http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

2. Download the Worldwide package

3. Open the zip file you just downloaded

4. Copy the WorldINT.BGL file into your [Addon Scenery/scenery] folder within your Flight Sim (e.g., c:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery

That's it.

Don Desfosse

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Brilliant installed easy, I think. Now how can I tell if all the BGL files have updated ,ie what should be in there what wasn't there before.Thanks Art.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You'll need to find a procedure that is has new waypoints since the last time your GPS was updated. I'm guessing that the following intersections, that were recently introduced at KCLT, will be in your new data and not in your old Graham Mitchell data (and certainly won't be in the sim [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you deleted the Graham Mitchell updates!)

MUNBE

LILIC

KIRNS

DURST

AUDII

Check to see that those waypoints are included in your GPS now. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming they are, you should be all set!

Don Desfosse

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

All OK Don,the waypoints mentioned are all at K7. Thank you very much for your expertise .Regards, Art

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Excellent; glad it's working! Herve updates his updates ( ) every 3 months. You may want to set a calendar reminder to update periodically, or whatever method works best for you.

Don Desfosse

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Since updating my system with the SOR's update I now cannot find WADD in Indonesia [bali] ,As in FS Commander.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You may want to request help from Herve with that issue. I always thought he added things, never removed things (not even sure you can remove fixes/waypoints).

Don Desfosse

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

how do I contact Herve?