You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to login or change password

Jesse Proffitt

Jesse Proffitt
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I have recently tried to return to flying on VATSIM after an absence of a couple of months.

I was able to prefile my flight plan with the same CID and password I had used previously, however when I attempted to connect via VPilot in the sim I got a CID/password error message.

I tried to reactivate my account, but I got a message saying my account was not inactive. I then requested a password reset, and I received the password reset email in my inbox. I clicked on the link to reset the password, but I never received any additional emails with a new password nor did I get an option to create a new password.

I created a support ticket (on the night of 8/19) regarding the issue, but I have not received any replies. When I try to check the status of my ticket by entering the ticket number and my email, I never get any emails from VATSIM.

I've checked my spam folder and there's nothing from VATSIM in there.

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else; I did my best to research the issue but couldn't find anything and didn't know where else to ask for help, since I'm not having much luck with the member dashboard. I'm hoping somebody may be able to point me to someone who can help straighten this out.

Thanks,

Jesse Proffitt 1387062

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Hi Jesse, sounds to me like you're doing everything right, and you've posted a well thought-out and detailed summary of the issue. Hopefully someone from the membership department (like @Don Desfosse) will be able to reply to you here and get things squared away.

Sorry you're having these issues. Hopefully it won't be long before they can get your account straightened out.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi @Jesse Proffitt ,

I'm sorry you are having such troubles.  I'll provide what information I can from a Membership perspective, in collaboration with Web Services.

Your account has been continuously active since the last time you successfully reactivated it, on 22 Sep 2018.

You mentioned you submitted a support ticket on the night of 8/19, but we have no record of that.

On 2020-08-20 03:22:43 you requested a password reset which was processed.  Our mail logs show your email provider rejected the email.

08/20/20 0325
Failed
"VATSIM.net" <[email protected]>
[redacted for privacy]@att.net
5.2.1 <[redacted for privacy]@att.net>... Addressee unknown, relay=[209.61.151.246]

I have verified that the email you used with the ticket system is the same email you have as your registered email with VATSIM.

On 2020-08-20 15:18:46 you opened ticket 20212250.  I personally answered it on 2020-08-20 16:31:13 (just an hour or so later), advising you to check your email spam filters and provider allow emails from vatsim.net, and providing your password so you didn't have to look any further.  Our mail logs show your email provider is rejecting emails to you with an Addressee unknown error.

On 2020-08-20 23:40:06 you requested a password reset which was processed.  Our mail logs show your email provider is rejecting emails to you with an Addressee unknown error.

On 2020-08-20 23:53:33 you opened ticket 20212297.  Our mail logs show your email provider is rejecting emails to you with an Addressee unknown error.

On 2020-08-20 23:53:55 you opened ticket 20212298.  One of our Membership Managers replied at 2020-08-21 09:16:37.  Our mail logs show your email provider is rejecting emails to you with an Addressee unknown error.

On 2020-08-21 22:56:03 you requested a password reset which was processed.  Our mail logs show your email provider is rejecting emails to you with an Addressee unknown error.

It appears the issue may be with your email provider.

Based on all of that, and seeing that your email provider seems to be confused 🙂  I'm very glad you posted here.  Thanks also for the shout out @Evan Reiter

I'll send you an email from my private email with directions on how to proceed that should get you rolling.  Hopefully AT&T remembers who you are.  Please reply once you've received it.  I'll reply here if I get an email bounce.  Look forward to helping to get this resolved and getting you back online!

All the best,

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership
VATSIM

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Good news -- Jesse has received the email!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Weee \o/

Me.