You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The Flight Booking System - a simgoodies.app

Roel Gonzalez

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

spacer.png

I present to you the booking system you've been wanting all this time!

Real Ops a simgoodies.app

formerly known as VATGoodies.com

First things first.. who are you?

My name is Roël Gonzalez - 1078721. I've been a VATSIM member for more than a decade now and love programming.

Okay..? So what is it?

This real ops system gives you the ability to add a booking system to ANY type of event you can think of!

Real ops is real ops, right? What do you mean ANY event?

The name Real Ops was given as a general name and for it to be easier to find as most people would look for such a system for real ops events.

With any event, I mean you can have the system adapt it's booking style depending on what type of event you have.

What type of events will it support?

The idea is that it (will) support any event you can think of that you want to tag booking to.

• Real Ops
  • Crossfire
  • Friday Night Ops (FNO)
  • Overloads
  • Fly-ins
  • (Virtual Airline) Groupflights
  • and more...

Okay, how does it work?

Unlike, the former system built under VATGoodies. This system was built with full self-service in mind! This means you can create your account and be activated instantly! You'll then be able to create your environment for use by your fir/virtual airline/friends. Here you'll be able to manage your events, manage your flights and publish the event when ready!

How do I access??

Don't hesitate any longer! Just go ahead and create your free account at https://realops.simgoodies.app

Features

• Event Administration
  • Multiple Booking Types
  • Included Mail Confirmations
  • Invite your staff members
  • and more...

Let's keep in touch!

Join our discord community at https://simgoodies.app/discord 

Real Ops will be continuously developed, so if you have any ideas for it or questions or need assistance setting up. Feel free to join in!

You'll also be able to keep in touch about any new goodies coming out from simgoodies.app

Roël Gonzalez - VATSIM Enthusiast and Webdeveloper

Creator of Simgoodies.app

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Hi Roël, cool idea! Thanks for sharing it with the community.

Having not looked much into the application just yet, I was curious if you've thought about tie-ins with ATC at all. One of the issues we face in major events is unexpected group flights that can quickly transform an airspace from "things are good" to "uh oh".

Don't get me wrong, I love a good group flight...but I love even more when I know they're coming. For example, if we know about a bit group flight coming into an event, we might be able to have the pilots push 5 minutes apart to make the spacing easier later on. @Jeremy Peterson and @Ryan Geckler with VATUSA are working on a new program to try to manage delays and plan ahead around group flights so knowing about them from any source we can is helpful.

I'm wondering if there would be some way for a facility/airspace to sign up for "alerts" when there is a major group flight departing from or arriving at an airport of theirs. I suppose a simple way would be to let people "subscribe" to certain airports and then any time there is an event "booked" for that airport (and/or a group of more than X pilots are flying from or to there), that person would get a notification.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

Hey @Evan Reiter,

Thanks for taking a look at simgoodies!

Having been on both the side of the pilots and the ATC experience, I can definitely relate to what you're talking about.

Generally the issue you're mentioning tends to mostly arise for events organized by third party, correct? (e.g. a virtual airline groupflight). The realops system right now has two bookable types.

1. Flights
  2. Time Slots

In both those bookable types you can (as organizers) have good control on how much traffic you want to allow to come in and/or out. Obviously as VATSIM is open for everyone to use at anytime, you can't restrict pilots from joining an event area during an event. However you can still have some margin built in when setting up.

I'm definitely willing to discuss with you about solving this unexpected traffic surge problem and what can be done to reduce this issue. Can you contact me on discord? https://simgoodies.app/discord otherwise you can also e-mail me at roel [at] simgoodies [dot] app

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Romano Lara
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Roel,

Is this still available? 🙂

We at VATSIM Philippines are interested for a Real-Ops type of event.

Edited by Romano Lara

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

Hey Romano,

Yes, this is still available! Feel free to contact me on discord or roel [at] simgoodies [dot] app.

Let me know if there's anything I can assist you with.