You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

• vpilot error

Aniessh Medhyal

Aniessh Medhyal
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, I am having problems with vPilot from when I installed vatsim it is telling me "Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )", I changed password many times can somebody please help. "This is for MSFS2020 not for the sim in the pic"Vatsim_error.jpg.8b041cb5e7e999da4ef7764

Edited by Aniessh Medhyal

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

It looks like you haven't taken the introduction (P0) exam yet. Go to https://my.vatsim.net/exams and take any exams assigned to you. Once you pass, it may take up to 24 hours for the servers to sync up after which you should be able to connect. Good luck!

• Confused 1

Tomas Hansson

Aniessh Medhyal
Posted
Posted

Ok, thank you! If I still cannot I will inform you. 🙂

• Like 1

CHARLES DOLAN
Posted
Posted

I also have the same error. I have been flying for 54 recorded hours so I don't understand? This happened after the update

CHARLES DOLAN
Posted
Posted

@Tomas Hansson Any thoughts sir?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@Charles Dolan I don't know what would have triggered a change.  There have been no changes to your membership account.  Best suggestion I have is completely clear out the CID and password fields in vPilot and carefully enter them again.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Aniessh Medhyal
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Don Desfosse I have finished the test and passed it and waited for 48 hours but still not able to connect it still tells "Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )" Can you please tell me what to do?

Edited by Aniessh Medhyal

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

If you only get that error from the voice server then it can only be an incorrect capitalisation of your password. Please retype it character by character, making sure that all lowercase and uppercase characters are correctly placed.

• Thanks 1

Me.