You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Middle East weekly online day

Sönke Schweppe

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
no offense or something

wat happened to gulf_fss

I would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that since VATSAB is somewhat operational, all areas that were once covered by Gulf_FSS would now be under VATSAB.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Ebrahim Kooheji 984076
Posted
Posted

no vatsab.. controls the saudi and bahrain fir....

while gulf_fss controls all of the gulf and few of ojai

its on the site..

cheers

vatme-sig-3.jpg

Krzysztof Szerszen 861225
Posted
Posted

Hi.

Some time ago we tried a similar event with Malta, Greece, Italy and Cyprus. It didn't work even though these vACCs are older and bigger, and we only wanted it to last 2 or 3 hrs. The main problem was that each vacc preferred different day, or different hours, and also some of them were unable to promise that there will be someone staffing the position.

My suggestion was, and I put it forward to you, "cross-guest" policy - providing people from other participating vaccs, after some familiarization, visiting status. That way, if vacc A has 2 controllers available on a given day, and vacc B has none, you have problem solved.

Realistic ultra-intolerant.

Sönke Schweppe
Posted
Posted (edited)

In my opinion the major problems are:

• The time (starting and and ending in UTC)
  • The day
  • Controllers
  • Duration of the event 3 hours
  • Reliable online time for the pilots

I've sended an email to Cyprus if they like to join and I like to wait until next Sudnay for an answer. After that I think it's a good idea to have a voice chat. I prefer a chat via Teamspeak. Is there someone who is unable to use Teamspeak?

I'll send you the information about our server via PM right in time. I suggest 18.00 UTC for the meeting on Tuesday, 7th August.

I like to use the summery some postings above as basis for the discussion.

Edited by Guest

Sönke Schweppe
Posted
Posted

Hello

Some time ago we tried a similar event with Malta, Greece, Italy and Cyprus. It didn't work even though these vACCs are older and bigger, and we only wanted it to last 2 or 3 hrs. The main problem was that each vacc preferred different day, or different hours, and also some of them were unable to promise that there will be someone staffing the position.

In my opinion and based on experience a duration of 2 hours doesn't work. For an online event you need 3 hours and this is the absolutely minimum time. Have a look at the world map: We are planing an event over a big area. The pilots need time to fly from pace A to place B. Not every pilots starts with the beginning of the event. And when he is airborn he also likes to have ATC service until he is landed. For example a flight from HECA -> OMDB with a route distance of 1326,0 NM needs ca 2,5 hours plus pre-flight.

So I think: We do not need to start our event with a duration of 2 hours.

My suggestion was, and I put it forward to you, "cross-guest" policy - providing people from other participating vaccs, after some familiarization, visiting status. That way, if vacc A has 2 controllers available on a given day, and vacc B has none, you have problem solved.

Thanks. I think guest controllers can solve this problem. And I think it's also interesting for the controllers to work at different airports.

But this can only work on one condition: The event airport at the home vACC of the guest controller must be full staffed for this event. I think it's not a good idea that a controller is working in an other vACC as guest and at home a ground controller is missing.

Krzysztof Szerszen 861225
Posted
Posted

You might be right, and I share your point, but when I proposed 4hrs, no one agreed. Hope this works for you.

And of course, the guest controller scheme would be auxiliary, when you have a "spare" controller to share.

Realistic ultra-intolerant.

Navid Hamzeloo 938184
Posted
Posted

Hi

I totaly Agree that 2 hours is not enough. But I think its good to start with. I personaly can do 4 Hours. the other controller can't so As soon as he logs off OIIX_CTR, I can take over.

The problem we have for 4 hours is just lack of controller, if a VACC has for example 2 CTR controlleres, they can do 2 hours each.

As I said, I know 2 hours is not enough, but its good to start with, then once we attracted loads of traffic, the controllers will stay longer, because they simply enjoy it.

Ps. Tuesday 1800Z is fine by me

Regards

Navid Hamzeloo

www.iran-vacc.org

Navid Hamzeloo

Director Of Iran-Vacc

http://www.Iran-Vacc.org

http://www.Vatme.net/

vatme-sig-2.jpg

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Hi Soenke,

Thanks for the PM, I tried to respond but it didn't work.

It was nice to talk with you on TS the other day, but sadly I have a prior appointment on the evening of the vACC meeting, and I dont have a deputy director at this time.

If possible please give my apologies, and perhaps someone at the meeting can email me with what was decided or discussed.

Regards

John Jones _ Emirates vACC

John Jones

Sönke Schweppe
Posted
Posted

Hello John,

as I wrote in the PM the replay doesn't work, due a wrong letter in my name, you must use email.

I have send the invitation to all and I think it's not a good idea to cancel. So I hope we find an agreement which you can agree too.

Soenke

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Hi Soenke,

I will try my level best to be at the meeting, but, if I cannot I will send a deputy in my place. Please do not even consider re-arranging the meeting because I cant be there, I will go with the majority vote if anything is decided and will fit in with the new system as best I can.

Regards

John

John Jones

Navid Hamzeloo 938184
Posted
Posted

Hi Soenke

When I try to logino TS it says " Bad Login (name and/or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word wrong) "

Cheers

Navid Hamzeloo

Director Of Iran-Vacc

vatme-sig-2.jpg

Navid Hamzeloo 938184
Posted
Posted

Hi Soenke

Thanks but it still not working , can you send me you email address please?

Cheers

Navid Hamzeloo

Director Of Iran-Vacc

vatme-sig-2.jpg

Sönke Schweppe
Posted
Posted

Ok,

only 4 vACC joined the chat

The project is stopped and will revive in furture.

• 7 months later...
Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I am seeking intrest to restart this event, please pm me or email me if interested. Im hoping to make it a fortnightly event.

Regards,

Johnathon

Events Coordinator

VATSIM Middle-East Division (VATME4)

955672.png

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
I am seeking intrest to restart this event, please pm me or email me if interested. Im hoping to make it a fortnightly event.

Regards,

Johnathon

Events Coordinator

VATSIM Middle-East Division (VATME4)

I totally Agree with you Jonathon

But We have to get Saudi Arabia in Action as soon as possible because it's the link between Africa And Middle East

2 Hours with no ATC is quite boring for any pilot to fly from HECA to OMDB

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

• 1 month later...
Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted

nice idea , hope to see real event , and real traffic

best regards ,,,

s5_logo.png