You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Questions about the new FNO operations

Marko Savatic 825464

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted

A membership wide notam was sent out on July 19th. The entire text is included below:

Announcing the formation of the VATUSA ACE Team.

The Next Level of Challenge in VATUSA

Are you an "ace" controller? Do you love to work events?

The VATUSA Events Department is searching for the "best of the best" to serve as volunteers on our Advanced Controllers for Events (ACE) Team. This team will serve as a pool of top quality controllers who will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist various ARTCC's requesting [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance with staffing for events.

In order to apply for membership on this team of expert controllers, you must be an experienced C-3 rated controller with no disciplinary history. Apply today by submitting a letter that outlines your qualifications, experience and interest. Please submit your letter of interest to [email protected] with the subject line ACE Team.

Your actual skills on the scope will be evaluated as a part of the team selection process, so be ready to show that you've got what it takes!

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bryan Wollenberg 810243

• Ernie Alston 812154

• Justin A. Martin

• Karen Dunbar 1002434

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bryan Wollenberg 810243

Bryan Wollenberg 810243 7 posts

• Ernie Alston 812154

Ernie Alston 812154 7 posts

• Justin A. Martin

Justin A. Martin 7 posts

• Karen Dunbar 1002434

Karen Dunbar 1002434 7 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 26 2007

26 posts

• Sep 7 2007

16 posts

• Aug 25 2007

16 posts

• Aug 28 2007

14 posts

Jim Davey
Posted
Posted

Great Caesars Ghost! To me, and the other friends that were flying with me from DEN to ATL, it was a great experience. Instead of having the "congo line", you had traffic going every which direction. It added an element of "unpredictability" to the event, unlike a "follow the leader" event.

Can it be that some people actually enjoyed something new on VATSIM?

811224.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I called Weather Maintenance to see if the sky had fallen; they reported it was still hanging up there.

Kyle Ramsey

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Nothing is ever perfect the first time...but what I like about it? It's the inevitable evolution of VATUSA from Level D 767 flying club to what I call "the fish tank."

If you don't know about the fish tank, read this http://www.atpexperience.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724

P.S. Pointless thought of the day: Why do most follow the leader pilots fly Level-D?? Hmmmm....

Regards,

JX