Unauthorized Client Software

Ryan Guffey 956726

Ive seen some posts about this message for the pilot clients but not for VRC. But it just keeps happening. It just started last week, and I know another controller its been happening too and started around the same time. I get the message and if I have ATIS up, it will kick that. Or sometimes it will kick that and me from the network

VATSIM Supervisor

I too have been getting "Unauthorized client software" disconnects as well as "Voice ATIS connection error: Unauthorized client software" frequently over the last few days. In all cases, I was on the USA-W server. Nothing significant has been changed on my setup (that I know of), so I expect the server is responsible, and not the software.

Anyone know for sure?

[EDIT] Seeing the current problems with the VATSIM data server, and problems Luca is trying to resolve, I wonder if that's related to this problem.

814960.jpg

I started getting this message late last week. I checked the VRC website forum and there was a suggestion (along with other suggestions) to log into a different voice server. I moved from USA-W to USA-S3 and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Rich

I too switched to USA-S3 server after having the same problems on USA-W last night. I was on for better than two hours with no disconnects after switching.

814960.jpg

I have seen this problem too on where suddenly the targets all start to "coast" then either I get disconencted or on some occasions I will get reconnected without disconnection. The issue however is not isolated to W but also on S3 and Oceanic too so am not sure what is happening.

Whatever it is it makes for a very difficult time controlling especially when there are many targets to control. Oh well....still cant complain as it is such an amazing environment/simulation.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Hi Ross,

I got disconnected from UK-1 and EUR-CW quite a few times in the past weeks. Latest event was last night. I tried first EUR-CW and got booted everytime I tried to connect. I got disconnected after about 5 to 20 seconds. I then switched to UK-1 and had no more problem. On other occasions (in January) I had similar problems with UK-1 *and* EUR-CW and had to switch to a completely different server, don't recall which one it was.

Client used: Euroscope 2.9h - 2.9j (2.9j last night).

Could not get any pings because I did not see your request for them.

Hi Gents first post here . I have had this client software issue since at least the end of last year mainly with the European servers but i also get this message "errors no such callsign ( various callsigns ) " had them both last night while connected as an OBS to Europe-CW . I have had it if in a mentoring session then both myself and the mentor have had the callsign error at the same time I guess as we would normally both be connected to the same server and voice room

regards Chris

I had that problem few times recently with in the last weeks if i remember correctly it happened on Europe server and once one of the US ones

it also Happened on the sweat box Server ya i remember it happened on it while performing a training for a new controller I was idle for few minutes when it happened !!

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png