Unauthorized Client Software

Ryan Guffey 956726

I tested two types of pinging to the USA-W, USA-S3, Europeans, UK-1 and Oceania servers.

Through Servinfo I was getting "LOST" pings on W, UK-1, Europeans but better on S3 and Oceania (I live in the Far East so this was bound to be better). However, all servers had some sort of ping "LOST".

When I used the Windows DOS ping command on the servers most of the servers were steady with very few "request timed out" but the W and UK-1, Europeans did have "request timed out" returns.

This may be completely unrelated but the other thing I noticed is that with IE7 open in the background I got more disconnections.

I agree with Andreas, it is becoming very difficult to control right now, and especially in a busy airspace it is almost impossible to keep a good control. May have to give up controlling for a while for I feel bad not being able to provide pilots with efficient service.

I am sure you guys will sort it out.

Regards

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

A few more things to add, this may be obvious to everyone but the disconnections happen most often during high traffic periods.

I notice that when I am controlling as a Center with direct control on targets is when I am get the disconnections. When I am in Observer mode disconnections are much fewer.

Also notice that if I am zooming in and out of airports and moving around the scope to track targets I do see an increase in disconnections.

Not sure if these observations help but just my notes.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

• 2 years later...

I am getting the "unauthorized clent message" with EuroScope 3.1d from time to time on different servers.

Specifically:

today 1800-2000z EUROPE-CW2 I lost connection sometimes, on reconnecting I got the server message.

Is there any update on the issue?