You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unauthorized Client Software

Ryan Guffey 956726

Luke Williams
Posted
Posted

I'm getting problems with VRC 1.2.1 aswell on the EUR_CW and UK1.

Do the servers use any special software for VATSIM?

If so, Then was there a firmware update recently?

Just hoping it gets resolved.

Cheers

Luke

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

got it again few minutes ago

I Notice that before the d/c happens the traffic seems very slow and it is if they some time stops at a point then suddenly jump to a new place after reconnecting

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Thomas Crisps 948341
Posted
Posted

Another,

Europe CW and UK-1 Sometimes it is just the Voice atis with Unauthorised client software, other times it is the VRC, and i get disconnected. This appears random. Av Ping on both servers is 26 and 50 respectively.

Thomas

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I got it tonight on all servers, this is sooooooooo frustrating, had to say goodbye to more than 20 pilots on my frequency after the 15th disconnection, we cannot control like this, please fix it!

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

I tested two types of pinging to the USA-W, USA-S3, Europeans, UK-1 and Oceania servers.

Through Servinfo I was getting "LOST" pings on W, UK-1, Europeans but better on S3 and Oceania (I live in the Far East so this was bound to be better). However, all servers had some sort of ping "LOST".

When I used the Windows DOS ping command on the servers most of the servers were steady with very few "request timed out" but the W and UK-1, Europeans did have "request timed out" returns.

This may be completely unrelated but the other thing I noticed is that with IE7 open in the background I got more disconnections.

I agree with Andreas, it is becoming very difficult to control right now, and especially in a busy airspace it is almost impossible to keep a good control. May have to give up controlling for a while for I feel bad not being able to provide pilots with efficient service.

I am sure you guys will sort it out.

Regards

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

A few more things to add, this may be obvious to everyone but the disconnections happen most often during high traffic periods.

I notice that when I am controlling as a Center with direct control on targets is when I am get the disconnections. When I am in Observer mode disconnections are much fewer.

Also notice that if I am zooming in and out of airports and moving around the scope to track targets I do see an increase in disconnections.

Not sure if these observations help but just my notes.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

Last night during our event I had it on: EUR-W, UK-1 and after a while when most started migrating to it, EUR-E.

Voice ATIS was getting knocked off liveatc.net and voice.vatsim.fi

Pretty frustrating alright, especially when youve a few hundred movements inbound!

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No clues as to the cause yet, but we are trying to figure this one out. Hang in there ...

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 years later...
Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I am getting the "unauthorized clent message" with EuroScope 3.1d from time to time on different servers.

Specifically:

today 1800-2000z EUROPE-CW2 I lost connection sometimes, on reconnecting I got the server message.

Is there any update on the issue?