You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

[Sat 14 April 11-23z] CROSS THE POND WESTBOUND 2018

Gunnar Lindahl

Vrishabh Sehgal
Posted
Posted

Hi Oscar,

Wilco.

I did see that in the briefings, and will follow accordingly.

Was nice to see both sides of the pond will be accommodating non-RNAV as well.

And fingers crossed that I can. 5 days to go!

Vrishabh Sehgal (1267677)

IaUfFeL.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pawley

• Robert Shearman Jr

• Juan Perez

• Joshua Jenkins

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pawley

Chris Pawley 7 posts

• Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr 6 posts

• Juan Perez

Juan Perez 4 posts

• Joshua Jenkins

Joshua Jenkins 4 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 14 2018

26 posts

• Mar 31 2018

17 posts

• Mar 21 2018

8 posts

• Apr 12 2018

8 posts

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Just dropped my slot. I have a funeral to attend that will prevent me from completing the flight, although I would be able to start it. Felt it best to just drop it entirely.

EHAM to KIAD at 12.59Z

That makes two years in a row...the gods conspire against me.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Daniel Lawrence 1394208
Posted
Posted

Excited to learn of this event but didn't register in time. If someone unfortunately is dropping their slot booking I would be happy to pick it up, as I should be free for the event and have access to all relevant sceneries. I see that you can fly CTP without a slot albeit w/ likely delays. For those of you more experienced than myself, are there likely to be Non-Event European airports staffed such as EDDF, LIRF, LSZH, EGKK, LFPG, ELLX etc? Cheers and safe flying saturday

Stephen Ruiz
Posted
Posted
... I see that you can fly CTP without a slot albeit w/ likely delays. For those of you more experienced than myself, are there likely to be Non-Event European airports staffed ...

Yes. You will find that one of the best side benefits of CTP is almost continuous enroute ATC coverage through the region. You can also expect some of the larger or more popular non-event fields (EDDF, LFPG, et al.) to have some level of service during the peak times.

Peter Lund
Posted
Posted

Can a staff member please advise which DAL callsigns there have been booked for the CTP (so I don´t take one that´s booked)?

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
Can a staff member please advise which DAL callsigns there have been booked for the CTP (so I don´t take one that´s booked)?

Tell me which one you want and I'll check if it's taken.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Peter Lund
Posted
Posted

Tell me which one you want and I'll check if it's taken.

Hi Ryan,

It will be DAL71, DAL75, DAL73, DAL47 or DAL49.

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

DAL49 is the only one available.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

Its possible to see in some site the complete list of bookings and takeoff times? I have a book but would be curious to see all books, at least for me.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
Its possible to see in some site the complete list of bookings and takeoff times? I have a book but would be curious to see all books, at least for me.

Good idea actually... and for privacy don't need to include names or CID but could put the flight number, departure, arrival and TOT.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Good idea actually... and for privacy don't need to include names or CID but could put the flight number, departure, arrival and TOT.

I like the idea too. And since all VATSIM network activity is publicly searchable via stats.vatsim.net and multiple third-party sites like VATaware and VATstats, I'm not sure protecting the names/CIDs would be necessary.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

I´m not interesting in CIDS and/or names. I only want to see a "birdview" of the event, and see too how many planes are ahead and backwards of me crossing the pond.

Thanks!

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

oh that Juan you can use vattastic.net or my fav VatSpy (by vPilot maker) or the newer AccuView (not as useable imo)

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
vattastic.net

vattastic.com

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

In case it is of any use to anyone, at the bottom of this page...

https://vatsim.uk/EGLL/

... is an indicator of stands in use / available at London Heathrow. It updates every 3 minutes, but might be useful!

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted
oh that Juan you can use vattastic.net or my fav VatSpy (by vPilot maker) or the newer AccuView (not as useable imo)

Thanks, I know these but I want to know the slots before the event. I usually use VatSpy when go online and have the TCAS for nearby traffics. The request for slots its only curiosity.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I know these but I want to know the slots before the event. I usually use VatSpy when go online and have the TCAS for nearby traffics. The request for slots its only curiosity.

and back to here... a departures board for CTP.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Alex Ashley
Posted
Posted

The routes meeting has started...

pKqs1I1.png

Alex Ashley

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

See you all tomorrow and I am excited to fly out of Warsaw for first time during CTP event!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

IMPORTANT

Non Event Procedures for Cross-the-Pond

For traffic which is routing between the majority of the event fields, or between non-event traffic, we ask that where possible, your flight is operated along NAT D.

NAT D:-

D DOGAL 5520N 5630N 5640N 5550N LOMSI

For non-event traffic routing to Calgary, aim to join Icelandic Airspace at waypoint VALDI and exit into the Edmonton FIR

For traffic departing Barcelona, we suggest planning routes via BEGAS to avoid congested parts of the North Atlantic.

Any urgent notices and updates can be found on the VATSIM CTP Twitter page: https://twitter.com/vatsimctp

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

So I received my route and I have no problems with it except for the fact that I was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned track M (RIVAK 4720N 4730N 4640N 4550N NANSO). According to https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/common/nat.html track M doesn't exist in TMI 104. Is this an error with the planning or are NATs made up for CTP (or am I overlooking something )?

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Not an error

An extra track we added to facilitate flights ex LEBL

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted
Not an error

An extra track we added to facilitate flights ex LEBL

Ok thanks for the clarification!

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Marin Yang
Posted
Posted (edited)

Could anybody flying from Warsaw EPWA to Calgary CYYC or Chicago put up the route you received? Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Marin M. Yang - Director of Project Firmament

EoF Global Ops Center: A One-Stop Community for Long-Haul/Oceanic Flight Planning and Dispatch