You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

[Sat 14 April 11-23z] CROSS THE POND WESTBOUND 2018

Gunnar Lindahl

Alexander Reno
Posted
Posted

Can we check LIMRI 5320N 5430N 5440N 5350N RIKAL N497C EBONY N497C is a eastbound airway according to Jeppensen, and my FF 767 FMC doesn't like it, what should I do?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pawley

• Robert Shearman Jr

• Juan Perez

• Joshua Jenkins

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pawley

Chris Pawley 7 posts

• Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr 6 posts

• Juan Perez

Juan Perez 4 posts

• Joshua Jenkins

Joshua Jenkins 4 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 14 2018

26 posts

• Mar 31 2018

17 posts

• Mar 21 2018

8 posts

• Apr 12 2018

8 posts

Artur Mironski 1308560
Posted
Posted

EPWA KORD

OLILA L621 ROE M743 ALM L975 BAVTA L983 PETIL L983 GOW DCT MIMKU DCT PIKIL 5720N 5830N 5840N 5750N HOIST N604B YMT SSM TVC WYNDE8

Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted
EPWA KORD

OLILA L621 ROE M743 ALM L975 BAVTA L983 PETIL L983 GOW DCT MIMKU DCT PIKIL 5720N 5830N 5840N 5750N HOIST N604B YMT SSM TVC WYNDE8

Hallo, i also fly from EPWA to KORD. But YMT is not on route N604B, only MT is on it. Can you please check it? My navigation data is AIRAC1804.

Marin Yang
Posted
Posted
EPWA KORD

Hallo, i also fly from EPWA to KORD. But YMT is not on route N604B, only MT is on it. Can you please check it? My navigation data is AIRAC1804.

Right. YMT is the VOR’s identifier. MT is the NDB that’s connected to the airways.

Marin M. Yang - Director of Project Firmament

EoF Global Ops Center: A One-Stop Community for Long-Haul/Oceanic Flight Planning and Dispatch

Zachary Jaglo 1322646
Posted
Posted

A particular individual on a Discord server said that "pos reps will not be needed" I'm still going to print the sheets and keep them ready anyways but I just wanted to know if anything about that was said.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
Can we check LIMRI 5320N 5430N 5440N 5350N RIKAL N497C EBONY N497C is a eastbound airway according to Jeppensen, and my FF 767 FMC doesn't like it, what should I do?
Check it out on https://skyvector.com/ . Basically ignore the airway and insert RIKAL DCT EBONY. It is the same.

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted
Check it out on https://skyvector.com/ . Basically ignore the airway and insert RIKAL DCT EBONY. It is the same.

As Andreas points out the airway has no intermediate points, "DCT" is fine - the airway is however, bi-directional.

A particular individual on a Discord server said that "pos reps will not be needed" I'm still going to print the sheets and keep them ready anyways but I just wanted to know if anything about that was said.

This individual is incorrect. Please follow the information provided and ignore rumour.

EPWA KORD

You are correct "YMT" should become "MT"

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

For the 33 those of you inbound KORD today with YMT in your flightplan - the waypoint should be substituted with MT instead.

Thanks

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Kamil Nasser 1300342
Posted
Posted

What do you do if somebody has already taken your callsign?? My booked callsign is BAW7TG

Ronald Bird 1313657
Posted
Posted

Hey sorry for the short notice but I'm set to depart around 14 Zulu Today is it possible that I can push it back an hour... There is a schedule conflict with my crazy life right now!?????

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted
What do you do if somebody has already taken your callsign?? My booked callsign is BAW7TG

Choose something similar, but it causes no major issues.

Hey sorry for the short notice but I'm set to depart around 14 Zulu Today is it possible that I can push it back an hour... There is a schedule conflict with my crazy life right now!?????

If you miss your slot, you'll be treated like non-event traffic.

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Samuel Rey
Posted
Posted

My first CTP! So nervous! Got a few questions:

Did anyone get NAT P? Isn't that eastbound?

I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the planners made it just for CTP, in that case, which is the entry point?

Here's my route:

LOBAR UN725 SUSOS DCT LRA DCT 4410N DCT PASAS 4620N 4630N 4540N 4250N SOORY M204 SUMRS BARTS FOWEE FLIPR5

Not sure if it's LRA or PASAS.

Finally, what do you usually do during cruise? Can we leave the cockpit and come back every now and then, or should we be listening to ATC for the duration of the flight?

spacer.png

New and want some help? Send me a message on Discord at GoodCrossing#4907!

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted
My first CTP! So nervous! Got a few questions:

Did anyone get NAT P? Isn't that eastbound?

I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the planners made it just for CTP, in that case, which is the entry point?

Here's my route:

LOBAR UN725 SUSOS DCT LRA DCT 4410N DCT PASAS 4620N 4630N 4540N 4250N SOORY M204 SUMRS BARTS FOWEE FLIPR5

Not sure if it's LRA or PASAS.

Finally, what do you usually do during cruise? Can we leave the cockpit and come back every now and then, or should we be listening to ATC for the duration of the flight?

See above, Papa we invented to help manage traffic ex-LEBL

Entry is PASAS Exit is SOORY

You need to maintain either a listening watch or a SELCAL watch for the whole flight.

Rgds

Chris.

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Samuel Rey
Posted
Posted

Thanks! Just a bit paranoid

How should I sync my P3D time to real-time? Is it mandatory to use FSRealTime? (FSUIPC causes random crashes for me which I couldn't solve for today)

spacer.png

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

You can do what you like, but you need to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] position reports in real-time - so it is usually most convenient to use real UTC and read out the estimate from the FMC.

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Pedro Dias 1148495
Posted
Posted

Guys that are using time different than real UTC, you use http://fsmine.dhis.org/time/ to your position reports.

I am nervous too!! It will be my first CPT and I haven't a slot.

I will try to keep my patience high enough!!

Good CPT for everybody! See you in the skies

roland nyembue 1271534
Posted
Posted

Hello

Someone took my callsign i have a booking. What do i do now?

roland nyembue 1271534
Posted
Posted

Never mind i managed to change it

Samuel Rey
Posted
Posted

Here comes my slot! See you all in KMIA!

spacer.png

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

I was supposed to depart over half an hour ago but my sim keeps crashing Oh well... i guess I'll just have to keep trying

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Jim Davey
Posted
Posted

Really do wish PosReps would just be done by text.

811224.png

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

As was posted by Chris on the CTP website:

We have an opportunity for you to leave feedback about the event by logging in and clicking the ATC/Pilot feedback link!. Login at ctp.vatsim.net.

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

Team, thanks for another lovely event! I throughly enjoyed my time despite difficultly contacting Edmonton Centre in later part of my flight but approach went well without any further problem!

Was unusual to not give position report today (or yesterday since time already went p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed midnight!) mainly because Reykjavik Control went radar environment long ago and also cover Greenland too! It is my first time ever to visit second Canadian airport since I started my virtual flying career long time ago and it was very nice to see Canada's interesting land shape after repeated visits to America's land!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

Alexander Arlow 893829
Posted
Posted

Here is a short timelapse video from the outbound rush out of Vienna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pno8DaEiROw

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Vattastic timelapse (a couple of points when vattastic stopped updating for as much as an hour unfortunately, but here we go)

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015