You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unacceptable sudden volume increase

Jason Cochran

Dan Morera
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake Saw said:

Which client?

My bad vpilot 3.2.1 on W10  already checked that sound setting the one about do nothing.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nestor Perez

• Yanick Coulombe 965064

• Robert Shearman Jr

• Samuel Rey

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nestor Perez

Nestor Perez 24 posts

• Yanick Coulombe 965064

Yanick Coulombe 965064 16 posts

• Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr 7 posts

• Samuel Rey

Samuel Rey 6 posts

Popular Days

• May 12 2020

12 posts

• Apr 14 2020

8 posts

• Oct 2 2020

8 posts

• Feb 14 2021

6 posts

Popular Posts

Robert Shearman Jr

Nestor, unless there's been a comprehensive poll, I don't agree with your assertion that 5% of VATSIM userbase is experiencing this.  5% may be reporting it, 20% may experience it but see that it's al

Alfredo Mungo

Just saw this post and thought I could drop a +1 for statistical purposes. I've been experiencing this for quite some time now too on Win 10 + xPilot - quite frequent issue. I've become exceptionally

Nestor Perez

I do experience it myself, yes. And the solution was as simple as dragging the volume slider in the client down. It is not 100% users that experience it. It is 100% out of the less than 5% of the

Posted Images

Camden Bullock
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2022 at 10:56 PM, Dan Morera said:

My bad vpilot 3.2.1 on W10  already checked that sound setting the one about do nothing.

Any luck figuring this out? I have been having issues even flying on vatsim because of this. One person is so soft I can't hear them and then they next is so loud that people in the room ask me to turn down the vol. when I have a headset on.

• 3 weeks later...
Chasen Richardson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same, I have been getting this problem for some time with both P3Dv4 and then now v5 when I updated. Sometimes it happens once in an hour, sometimes 10 times in an hour, sometimes not at all. But it happens on probably 90% of my flights using ATC. I am running the latest version of vpilot but there have been several updates since this problem began (I just didn't post about it until now) and sadly, it continues. The -72 volume and 0 volume didn't work. I haven't heard it without the ATC effects on, but I've never flown that way for more than 20 minutes since it takes away a lot of the immersion IMO.

I agree that this is a very serious problem as it is DEAFING loud and many will have no idea how to even identify and search to resolve the problem, so it is very surprising to see all these other people having the same problem. 3/5 of my friends in real life who fly on Vatsim (with both xpilot and vpilot) said they experience this too and have for over 1 year. 

Any updates on what is causing this from anyone at vpilot that you guys have seen?

Edited by Chasen Richardson

• 2 months later...
Boris Pilecki
Posted
Posted

Same here, MSFS and P3D, latest vPilot. Since the problem obviously still exists, an official reaction would be very much appreciated.

Boris

• 3 weeks later...
Shiv Dewan
Posted
Posted

Same issue on my end. The level to which the volume rises by the end of the transmission is quite dangerous--so loud that it sounds like it is playing at a regular volume with headphones OFF. Hope the devs at Vpilot investigate this issue further and provide some sort of response here.

Matthias Diepenbruck
Posted
Posted

It is definitely not about the client!

Happend to me twice during todays CTL using swift.

• 2 months later...
Craig Pearce
Posted
Posted

New to vPilot, but i get this issue around once every 2 hours. I will try lowering my output volume, but it's a really horrible bug when it does happen. What seems to be one common factor that kicks it off is someone will be established talking on a frequency and someone else who is naturally louder than them cuts in and starts talking. From there over the next second both get so loud and distorted it's really really bad.