You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model matching in msfs?

Eytan Ofir

Aake Friman
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

vPilot will use the default aircraft that come with MSFS. If you want to use custom model sets, you just need to load a VMR file, same as with FSX or P3D.

For us being no experts a clarification for what this means in terms of actions and software needed in detail would be just great. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Luke Carter

• Aake Friman

• Andrew Purdie

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 32 posts

• Luke Carter

Luke Carter 14 posts

• Aake Friman

Aake Friman 11 posts

• Andrew Purdie

Andrew Purdie 6 posts

Popular Days

• Oct 22 2020

11 posts

• Oct 12 2020

7 posts

• Dec 29 2020

6 posts

• Aug 29 2020

6 posts

Popular Posts

Ross Carlson

I will eventually be teaching vPilot how to scan your installed liveries. Right now, it's not fully clear to me how to discover all community add-on liveries and models and how they interact and overr

Diego Vasquez

Thanks and apologies for being extremely specific... gotcha about models, what about liveries?

Matthew Bartels

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new.

Posted Images

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Aake Friman said:

For us being no experts a clarification for what this means in terms of actions and software needed in detail would be just great. 

That information would come from the developers of the add-on livery packs and model sets that are available from the community for MSFS.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 10 months later...
Oisin Kenny
Posted
Posted

Hello all. I installed the new AIG add on yesterday, I also created a custom VMR file. It's really fantastic. I recommend it to everyone. There are a few missing models, but I'm sure they will be added with time (A340 and A330 are missing).

One question : I had the case in EDDF last night where an B378 for which I have a model, but I did not have the right livery appeared as a weird generic A388 or something. How do I get vpilot/msfs to spawn an aircraft with a generic/blank livery but with the correct model?

Other B378s do appear correctly with livery.

Can I create a vmr entry with a wildcard for airline and specify the aircraft model?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Oisin Kenny said:

Can I create a vmr entry with a wildcard for airline and specify the aircraft model?

Yeah, but you don't need a wildcard, just don't specify any callsign prefix. Specify only the type code and model name.

• Thanks 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC