Model matching in msfs?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new.

Dear @Ross Carlson @Matthew Bartels There is an effort already ongoing to bring FLAi models to FS2020, hopefully soon there will be enough out there to start chewing on it! https://forums.fl

Posted Images

Same deal ... vPilot has hardcoded model matching rules that use the default models and liveries. You can load a custom model matching rule set if you want to override the hardcoded default model rules, or if you have installed some third-party models/liveries that you want to use.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

7 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Currently only default models can be used.

You can use third party models by installing a custom model matching rule set. (A VMR file.)

If you don't load in a custom VMR file, vPilot will only use the default models and liveries.

44 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Format them where? What are you referring to?

In vPilot > Settings > Model matching. 
The default model field, in what way do we format the model code we choose to fly that particular day?

• Board of Governors

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new. Once that happens, there is no reason on our side that they would not be able to work on VATSIM with a new VMR

• Thanks 1
Matt Bartels
VP: Marketing & Communication
## vpmkt (at) vatsim.net
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

Hi,

I have installed some converted MTL files for MFS2020 that can be use in Vatsim however Vpilot doesn't read/search necessary folders. I remember we had a tool called "VMRGenerator" which could solve this issue but it is not available anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by Amir Parsian
3 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

You could build your own VMR file manually.

there are too many liveries and manually it would take ages, I wrote a programme in Vb.net to make the job easier but still I would of preferred the Vpilot auto search 😛

I will eventually be teaching vPilot how to scan your installed liveries. Right now, it's not fully clear to me how to discover all community add-on liveries and models and how they interact and override with the official packages. Once I have that full understanding from Asobo, I will add the same scanning functionality for MSFS that already exists for FSX and P3D.

1 minute ago, Ross Carlson said:

I will eventually be teaching vPilot how to scan your installed liveries. Right now, it's not fully clear to me how to discover all community add-on liveries and models and how they interact and override with the official packages. Once I have that full understanding from Asobo, I will add the same scanning functionality for MSFS that already exists for FSX and P3D.

That would be great, thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to know how we can create a VRM to point vPilot to the community folder and access the converted liveries. This way, they can be used for Live, AI, Online, and Vatsim traffic. I've been searching the web, to no avail about how to create a custom VRM. I remember there used to be a VRM generator, which has since been taken down due to vPilot's integration of that software.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, Matthew Bartels said:

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new. Once that happens, there is no reason on our side that they would not be able to work on VATSIM with a new VMR

On 9/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, Ross Carlson said:

Dear @Ross Carlson @Matthew Bartels

There is an effort already ongoing to bring FLAi models to FS2020, hopefully soon there will be enough out there to start chewing on it!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl/297900/1

Current Status:

• Working model matching for FLAi aircraft in MSFS.
    • 99% of all aircraft have correct configs (including liveries).
  • Hand tested 20% of FLAi Aircraft. We have signed off on around 17% of them.
  • Assembled group of coders, modelers, and enthusiasts.
  • Assembled closed Alpha testing team.
  • Experimental AI Traffic flight plans FOR FLAi aircraft.
  • Adjusting rotate/flare parameters for each aircraft.
  • Like 1

OH man, that seems incredibly complicated. I'm on the testing team for that traffic program above, and we'd really like to get this working with Vatsim. Is there no other way to point vPilot towards a specified folder other than using a custom VRM? That old VRM generator was perfect.

1 hour ago, Andrew Purdie said:

Is there no other way to point vPilot towards a specified folder other than using a custom VRM?

As I mentioned earlier, I will be teaching vPilot how to scan for installed models in MSFS. (Which is exactly what VMRGenerator did, and is exactly what vPilot now does for FSX and P3D.) Asobo completely changed the file and folder structure for MSFS, so the old way that vPilot and VMRGenerator used is not applicable.

And it's VMR, not VRM. VRM is a voltage regulator on your motherboard. :D

Quite likely, the FSLTL team will create the VMR file for you, just like the FLAi team did.