• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

It wasn't live last time... but guess what... it is now!  

Posted Images

Here's Euroscope while running a Melbourne Centre simulation to test a plugin I'm writing:

taaatsesnj1.th.png

The plugin adds new tag items and key commands to Euroscope to more closely simulate the real life Air Traffic System used in Australia, TAAATS.

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Seb, I know about VRC - and it is the current VATPAC preferred client... but the VRC TAAATS mode is still far from the real thing.

It kind of looks similar but does not function like the real thing. Euroscope ( in my opinion ) works much better at simulating a Eurocat air traffic system, so is the logical choice to write a plugin for. ( not to mention its the only client that will support plugins, thanks Gergely! )

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The lower is a 17" wide screen LCD on my laptop (HP Pavilion zd8000 series notebook, old thing now )... upper is a ViewSonic Graphics Series G90f (old, heavy, and big - like 19" CRT I think lol). Barely fits on top of my desk setup.

I recently completed a lot of work on the video maps for SoCal. They'll be included in our next sector file release scheduled for this month.

Here are a couple updated images of my SoCal TRACON (Combined) scope (Lower Monitor):

SCTVMNEW.jpg

Information Display (Upper Monitor):

SCTISNEW.jpg

I tried to simulate the ACD colors as best as I could with the STARs display.

Next step is to get a track-ball mouse and a small touch-screen monitor to run the VSCS off of... Personal Home TRACON Complete!

Edited by Guest

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

• 3 weeks later...
Not connected, but there wouldn't be any traffic anyway. This is my scope for GSO.

http://www.piedmontaero.net/images/gso.jpg

I dont understand these radars...how do you even know what everything is???

Could somebody plz explain?

Sebastien

We use the force and a little bit of magic fairy dust. It all helps in controlling you guys, hahaha< actually it's just practice and having ecellent mentors that teach you what you need to know.

It's very hard to explain how controlling works especially enroute or Radar, you really have to get in there and have practical experience and learn on the job with your mentor.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Hahah, Wycliffe, I am a controlelr myself, but it was that one type of radar that they use in the US. Where it has just a bunch of lines and circles etc. In this picture: http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5302/nice002bf0.jpg that I took at LFMN, you can clearly see the French coastline, Fixes, NDB, VOR, etc.

From what I've seen in real world radar's, those are the only 'weird' looking ones... in my opinion of course..

New York ARTCC

Sebastien

Aftre reading the thread in full I realised what you wa going on about so please accept my apology. That said i think it was quite an amusing reply I gave. hahahah

deskjhk.jpg

Have a good evening.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...