You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Post your scope!

Callum McLoughlin

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted
A question of interest. Coming from a place that has a sector file literally overflowing with data, I keep cracking my head every time I log on, on how to organize it better and have as *little* stuff turned on there as possible...Yet people here seem obsessed with having almost every possible type of a list and whatnot turned on. I have to wonder, do you REALLY need all that stuff?

No, they don't !

Here is mine of the Paris FIR, with a part of the Reims FIR on the right, Brest on the left, Bordeaux bottom left, M[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ille bottom right.

radard.jpg

New York ARTCC

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

• Romano Lara

• Wycliffe Barrett

• Sebastien Bartosz

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

Christopher Mauro 43 posts

• Romano Lara

Romano Lara 29 posts

• Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett 27 posts

• Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz 23 posts

Popular Days

• Nov 24 2010

15 posts

• Oct 19 2011

13 posts

• Dec 8 2008

13 posts

• Feb 2 2011

10 posts

Popular Posts

Gustavo Valdez

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

Gustavo Valdez

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

Gustavo Valdez

Mexico once again in Word Flight! Thanks everyone for flying, had a blast!

Posted Images

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
A question of interest. Coming from a place that has a sector file literally overflowing with data, I keep cracking my head every time I log on, on how to organize it better and have as *little* stuff turned on there as possible...Yet people here seem obsessed with having almost every possible type of a list and whatnot turned on. I have to wonder, do you REALLY need all that stuff?

I think you have to make a difference between list and information in the sectorfile. I have almost all information in the sectorfile disabled (including VORs, NDBs, FIXes, etc.), but the lists can provide the important data filtered and centralized on one place. So they can actually help you getting organizes

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Agreed man... no kidding!

KISS AT

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

My computer is so old that it apparently can't handle me checking the "fixes" option for more than a minute (my voice starts breaking up). Instead, I use .ff [fix name here] and only display the ones that I need. VORs & VOR labels on, airport graphics, and high ARTCC boundaries is all I use on Center.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

I think you have to make a difference between list and information in the sectorfile. I have almost all information in the sectorfile disabled (including VORs, NDBs, FIXes, etc.), but the lists can provide the important data filtered and centralized on one place. So they can actually help you getting organizes

alex please correct me if I'm wrong. I think he was talking about all the windows and various layers of VORs, and other various. helpful but not always necessary stuff, that can be toggled on and off in the clients. granted depending on my mood I'll control in the living room and blow my main screen up on our TV

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

• 1 month later...
Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Using EuroScope with ROMATSA Alenia plugin by Todor and sector files built by myself, Berat Arslan and Ionut Constantin.

Here's Bucharest ACC, Bucharest TMA, and some Bucharest-Otopeni Tower cab shots:

02.png

First arrival flow at Bucharest ACC via TEGRI LAMIT TUSET (notice the custom SCL, FHI and popup windows)

03.png

Bucharest TMA orderly arrival flow with few departures (exists via NILOV) entry via TUSET). Notice the prohibited airspace over Bucharest LR P1 of a different color (just as the real Alenia Radar).

04.png

Otopeni Tower with tower view. ATIS on 118.5 maintained by this position fully automated, including full audio via this console.

05.png

Departure flow at Otopeni Ground Control. Thirteen aircraft on the ground with two more aircraft on final.

06.png

Checking the TMA radar for traffic on final. Seems we are able to depart the MAH858 currently on Delta: "Enter, backtrack and lineup runway 26L, traffic at 9 miles for runway 26L." Notice the traffic turning on final as strobe lights seen outside to the southwest of the runway.

07.png

Bucharest ACC later needs to use Mach restriction technique to maintain separation between descending aircraft inbound TUSET.

08.png

Bucharest TMA unnecessary holding at STJ due to unidentified aircraft flying in Bucharest TMA. Three turning on final. 26L runway shortened due to WIP.

Cheers,

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

You really have the coolest setup Eric! This is an excellent example of what is possible with EuroScope.

Doesn't ROMATSA feature a holding list btw?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
My computer is so old that it apparently can't handle me checking the "fixes" option for more than a minute (my voice starts breaking up). Instead, I use .ff [fix name here] and only display the ones that I need. VORs & VOR labels on, airport graphics, and high ARTCC boundaries is all I use on Center.

Hint: You can use your alias file to not have to type in all the fixes you need. A line like .ff ABC DEF GEHJI KLIKSK. Makes the job.

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted
You really have the coolest setup Eric! This is an excellent example of what is possible with EuroScope.

Doesn't ROMATSA feature a holding list btw?

Hey Martin,

ROMATSA plugin courtesy of Todor Atanasov. New version coming soon

--eric

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Jan Tore Elvheim
Posted
Posted

Wonderful Eric, now I have to get a new keyboard because of all the drooling I have done

Cant wait untill the new ES version is out, have to work on my ground sectors and will do my best to try learn making plugins to simulate NATCON(the norwegian style) and my special project will be to try making something for ENGM tower, some real world screens:

ENGMrealflightstripbay.jpg

The real EFS"bay" at ENGM, hopefully this will be possible to simulate?

and the ground radar:

engmtwr2.jpg

Sorry for mixing real pictures in to the tread, but Im in heaven, all the screens you are posting of the "new" ES, keep them coming!

Regards,

Jan Tore

VACCSCA member

NAX101.png

VACCSCA ATC in Scandinavia

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

These are our official Dutch VACC radar scopes. There is almost no difference between our colors and the real colors used.

Amsterdam Radar:

amsterdamacc.jpg

Schiphol Approach:

schipholapp.jpg

Schiphol Ground:

schipholgnd.jpg

Stefan

• 5 weeks later...
Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

My New Setup:

LFFF (Paris Control)

lfffctr.jpg

LFPG (Roissy Charles De Gaulle) Approach

lfpgapp.jpg

LFPG Tower

lfpgtwr.jpg

LFUP (France Control)

lfupctr.jpg

CZQX-EGGX (North Atlantic)

eggxfss.jpg

New York ARTCC

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Here is my Shanwick set up, ready for CTP

Flight_sim_01Oct12.jpg

Rgds,

atc1o.png

Alex Ramos 999218
Posted
Posted (edited)

And here is my scope, coming out of the Dusty Southwest at ABQ_43_CTR

Monitor 1: All Radar (DSR mode covering all of Albuquerque)

planes in the West are at Phoenix, up in the Northeast at Albuquerque, and down south by El Paso

999218-Scope-2009-1.png

Monitor 2: All the Extras - Flight strip bay, Arrivals/deps, weather, comms, controllers, edit flight plan, and room for 2 chat boxes. Firefox behind that with AirNav open

999218-Scope-2009-2.png

Ramos

Edited by Guest

ZAB Instructor

Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted

I like that, looks professional! What Color profile is that? or is it custom?

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Tyler Milligan 1036599
Posted
Posted

My Phoenix approach setup

MAHSCOPE.jpg

ZHU C1

Alex Ramos 999218
Posted
Posted

I like that, looks professional! What Color profile is that? or is it custom?

it's a modified STARS R14. only changed 2 colors because of the multiple ways Fixes and Fix labels are used in our Sector file

Ramos

ZAB Instructor

Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

Oh, good lord... you didn't actually turn ZAB on its side by putting in the mag var did you?

~Nate

Nate Johns

"All things are difficult before they are easy."

- Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

Having all of those fixes displayed is pointless, just unnecessary clutter.

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted (edited)

In addition to the SCT configuration found in this thread back on page 3 (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35766&p=284879&hilit=SoCal+TRACON+Combined+#p284879), I figured I'd add in the L30 and ZLA scope I created:

L30 Scope (Lower Monitor) - Vegas in Config 1 (normal ops) with the video map:

L30TRACON.jpg

Information Display (Upper Monitor):

L30TRACON2.jpg

ZLA Scope (Lower Monitor) - Bit cluttered looking as high airways were briefly enabled and zoomed out a bit to capture the whole sector:

ZLA20-1.jpg

Information Display (Upper Monitor):

ZLA20-4.jpg

I prefer a bit of a more blueish background for the DSR colors, but as far as I know everything is fairly accurate to DSR color-wise. The L30 scope is in STARS mode with visibility centered on the LAS ASR9 radar site (no traffic on that one, sorry).

While digging on google one night, I found a great website that has the locations of ASR radars for the United States current as of this past August so I could plug the coordinates into the sector files as a fix for centering visibility points while controlling (enhances the realism experience just that much more hehee).

I noticed some of you were asking about the VSCS earlier (sorry for missing that, haven't checked this thread in a while). Peter Sagar developed the program that essentially replaces the comms panel in VRC. I find the functions really nice on it and it makes coordination via the landline a breeze. The only thing I'd like to pick up now is a touch-screen to use that with. You can pick up this program from his forum here: http://ggcomms.freeforums.org/ (his site is temporarily down, I believe).

I also use a USB footswitch that emulates the left-control key (my PTT through VRC) so I can use that along with the H31 St[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t. Great pick-up off ebay that I can use at school and the house.

Here's a quick shot of the "radar room" (as my roommates refer to it):

CIMG3862.jpg

Edited by Guest

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted
Ryan

See what we mean about .sct, .sct2 and ese files.

Just that alone can blow your brain and have you wringing your hands in despair,

Wycliffe

I'm not sure some one cleared this or not. Just change the name of your VRC .POF (position file) to .ESE. Example: VRC Sector file name is ZLC-111.sct Just rename your .POF to ZLC-111.ese. Start up Euroscope and load the ZLC-111.sct file. The .ese file will load with it. You only load the .sct file. Some things may have to be adjusted a little to work perfect in Euroscope but it will get you off and running. Study the guide on How To.

You'll love the program and never look back once you get comfortable. It was real easy for me to make the transition to ES.

Earl

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

Columbus Approach - Thriller Thursday 10/29/09

cmhapp.jpg

Chris Mauro

Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted

I Use That Color profile that you have Andrew D. on LAX_CTR. I use on SEA_CTR.

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

My new color profile: Representation of the radar scope at Athis-Mons, near Paris-Orly (LFPO), where the Paris ACC is located. The radar scopes for the other 4 FIR's in France resemble, but there are minor differences.

athismons.jpg

New York ARTCC

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

After a broadcast for CMH traffic was put out, here is what happened at a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Charlie field

11409cmhappafterbroadca.jpg

Chris Mauro